• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CommanderPC

CommanderPC

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

I am seriously confused. I’d think having 8 awesome classes is good, but it’s kind of bad. I can’t seem to choose a main. I want to stick to just one, but I love all of them. However, I’ve narrowed it down to 5. I just want to stick to one and level it hardcore to 80 THEN make an alt. The one’s I’ve narrowed it down to is: Elementalist, Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, and Ranger. I want something that won’t get nerfed as often. It’d be like investing millions in a company, and the company goes bankrupt in a day. Out of those four which wouldn’t get hit by nerfs? I’m just desperate to get a main. I just need something that won’t be dying every fight, but is still fun to play with.
Don’t give me the cliched answer of “Pick the one you like the most” or “Fun is subjective.” I find them all fun and and love them all.

Edited by Dawn Quickblade, 17 November 2012 - 08:07 AM.
Please use the generic font

#2 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3025 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Level them all to 30. Play them all through a dungeon, in WvW, and in PvP. Try all the different weapons on each.

If you do this, you're sure to find which you like the most.

Also, one issue you might find is your race choice affecting your profession choice. For example, your favorite profession could be a Ranger, and you favorite race could be a Norn. Your least favorite race could be an Asura. If you make an Asura Ranger and a Norn Engineer, you might lean toward the Engineer simply due to your race choice, rather than the Profession itself.

Edited by Alaroxr, 17 November 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#3 Trei

Trei

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2909 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

Option overload eh?

Choose a Ranger.
It's the best profession.

Is that the answer you are hoping to get?

Edited by Trei, 17 November 2012 - 05:29 AM.

#4 Yui San

Yui San

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

First of all you can't predict "nerfs" as you call it. (I'm really not a fan of this inflationarily overused general term.) There is always a chance that skills and abilities of a profession will be changed. But instead of seeing it as extremely as you do (investing millions in a company that goes bancrupt) I would just see it as changes. A profession will never be unplayable just because they change a few skills. Of course it can get more difficult but a change of skills always is a chance to find new builds. And if you really master your main profession you won't be having (m)any problems with some skill changes anyway.

Now I'm gonna give you a somewhat cliched answer as you call it. (By the way: what you are looking for "dont die in every fight but still fun to play" is extremely cliché as well). The professions in Guild Wars 2 can be really different. Just play what feels right for you. Think about your way of playing a game, what you wanna do in a team, your approach at different situations you might encounter in game etc. Every profession can be played very well or just badly. Of course some are more difficult to play but mostly the profession is as good or bad as the player playing it.

Edited by Yui San, 17 November 2012 - 05:28 AM.

#5 CommanderPC

CommanderPC

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostAlaroxr, on 17 November 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

Level them all to 30. Play them all through a dungeon, in WvW, and in PvP. Try all the different weapons on each.

If you do this, you're sure to find which you like the most.

Also, one issue you might find is your race choice affecting your profession choice. For example, your favorite profession could be a Ranger, and you favorite race could be a Norn. Your least favorite race could be an Asura. If you make an Asura Ranger and a Norn Engineer, you might lean toward the Engineer simply due to your race choice, rather than the Profession itself.

That's actually pretty interesting. Funny how you mentioned that since I love the Norn. I think I'm gonna stay clear of the medium armor classes since I'm not a fan of their armor. So I'm between warrior, necro and ele(mesmer pisses me off)

#6 runemima

runemima

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

>I just need something that won’t be dying every fight, but is still fun to play with.

don't pick ele. now someone will come on here and say "if you're good ele is totally wonderful you just suck if you can't live." but seriously. if you hate squishy, don't pick ele.

#7 Khrushchev

Khrushchev

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[GT]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Postrunemima, on 17 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

>I just need something that won’t be dying every fight, but is still fun to play with.

don't pick ele. now someone will come on here and say "if you're good ele is totally wonderful you just suck if you can't live." but seriously. if you hate squishy, don't pick ele.

I can speak from personal experience (I'm a Necro, my friend is an Ele) and say that built right, eles are more tanky than anything bar Guardians, and still do damage.

#8 fffire24

fffire24

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CRIT]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Warriors have either gotten untouched or buffed in patches.

#9 CommanderPC

CommanderPC

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

I've decided on making a warrior and necromancer as side-by-side alts. I get bored of one, I switch. Switch back when I get bored again. Rinse and repeat. They're the classes I had the most fun with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users