Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 2 votes

Fort Aspenwood vs Tarnished Coast vs Yak's Bend


  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowlord Pain PTX

Shadowlord Pain PTX

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • Location:Ohio
  • Guild Tag:[PTX]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Scores please!!! Goodluck to all servers and have fun!

#2 Cruyelo

Cruyelo

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

FA - 27 518 - 175
TC - 21 488 - 270
YB - 20 773 - 250

Edited to update numbers again.

Edited by Cruyelo, 17 November 2012 - 08:37 PM.


#3 Celendes

Celendes

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • Location:Sniping from above
  • Guild Tag:[Echo]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Looks like a great fight so far!

#4 Aetou

Aetou

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 614 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

I don't want to sound like we're making excuses but TC is always hit really hard by special events (as we have few dedicated WvWers and rely on our PvX crowd who get easily distracted by shiny new things.)  Fort Aspenwood have been very impressive so far but I remain confident that come Wednesday or so the scores will be looking very different.  I hope.

(We spent most of this afternoon with the outmanned buff in EB, just to give people an idea of how bad things were numerically.)

#5 Celendes

Celendes

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • Location:Sniping from above
  • Guild Tag:[Echo]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostAetou, on 17 November 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

I don't want to sound like we're making excuses but TC is always hit really hard by special events (as we have few dedicated WvWers and rely on our PvX crowd who get easily distracted by shiny new things.)  Fort Aspenwood have been very impressive so far but I remain confident that come Wednesday or so the scores will be looking very different.  I hope.

(We spent most of this afternoon with the outmanned buff in EB, just to give people an idea of how bad things were numerically.)

EVERYONE is hit hard by the special events, my entire guild chat is nothing but that while i am out on the BL's and EB

#6 Cruyelo

Cruyelo

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

He's not saying that TC is the only server hit hard, but it's not surprising for the RP server to have extremely low participation during events/new PVE content.
The prediction thread also contained many comments predicting this scenario. It's not something only TC members thought.
Doesn't matter tho, if FA wins it'll still be nice for them.
Next week should normally be FA/TC/YB again. Most servers should slowly be coming back to normal.

#7 Bottoms_Up

Bottoms_Up

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 201 posts
  • Location:NZ
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Just to join the club, YB had the outmanned buff periodically in EB from maybe 5-6 hours after reset. It was quite astounding to see, especially given how bugged (and personally underwhelming) the new event appeared to be. Stand around in a little room for ages waiting for some guy to never appear? Yup!

#8 Celendes

Celendes

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • Location:Sniping from above
  • Guild Tag:[Echo]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

FA has only gotten stronger during the week the past few matchups, going to be interesting to see how this one turns out.

#9 Cruyelo

Cruyelo

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

View PostCelendes, on 18 November 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

FA has only gotten stronger during the week the past few matchups, going to be interesting to see how this one turns out.
That's something I've been wondering about too. Both FA and TC tend to do better as the week progress, while YB tends to stay the same (based on recent weeks).
Right now the fight follows a similar pattern as past fights against FA, where FA dominate from approx 5am to around 2-3pm (350-400+ ppt), but struggles from 4pm to around 2am.
The main difference I see right now is that they don't do as bad as usual during that second period. It may be something similar to what I saw last week with TC/CD/YB, where having a third server (instead of 1 on 1, like TC/FA and FA/YB had previously) didn't increase TC's weakness (by having to fight more enemies during the day) but instead just led to 2 servers sharing points that the stronger one would normally take. (In this case, TC and YB starving each others)
Could also simply be low participation. (Still saw outmanned in EB tonight, didn't go so bad tho.)

Either way, FA is about to increase their lead by quite a bit in the next 7-9 hours. TC and YB can still reverse that (a lot of time left), but their chances will slowly decrease unless they stomp FA by more during the evening/at night.
The match has been quite fun up to this point tho, hope it stays that way.

Edited by Cruyelo, 18 November 2012 - 09:18 AM.


#10 Aetou

Aetou

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 614 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Wow.  I've spent most of today in WvW and it has been both brutal and very, very fun.  All I can say is that if we combined FA's oceanic coverage with TC's NA coverage we'd be able to give the T2 servers a run for their money...

In particular, that hour long battle for Dane's was insane and deserves a special mention.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the rest of the week pans out, and I think T3 is turning into an incredibly good place to be (just needs a bit more balancing of coverage with new transfers to FA & CD during NA Prime and to TC & YB during Oceanic/EU Prime.)

Edited by Aetou, 18 November 2012 - 06:26 PM.


#11 Lirea

Lirea

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostAetou, on 18 November 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Wow.  I've spent most of today in WvW and it has been both brutal and very, very fun.  All I can say is that if we combined FA's oceanic coverage with TC's NA coverage we'd be able to give the T2 servers a run for their money...

In particular, that hour long battle for Dane's was insane and deserves a special mention.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the rest of the week pans out, and I think T3 is turning into an incredibly good place to be (just needs a bit more balancing of coverage with new transfers to FA & CD during NA Prime and to TC & YB during Oceanic/EU Prime.)
Wait, I thought Aspenwood's NA force was already really strong and they had a non-existant Oceanic force. Did it switch around?

#12 Aetou

Aetou

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 614 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Fort Aspenwood have been outnumbering TC & YB combined during Oceanic Prime/ EU Day.  Not quite in the same league as CD yet but very numerous.  It will be interesting to see if that continues once the work week starts and the event is over.

#13 Cruyelo

Cruyelo

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostLirea, on 18 November 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Wait, I thought Aspenwood's NA force was already really strong and they had a non-existant Oceanic force. Did it switch around?
Their NA force is strong, but not "really strong". They've generally lost during NA primetime against Tier 3 servers.
Their greatest asset has always been their EU players. The idea of FA being weak during the day was just how some people explained FA previous losses, but it was always shown to be wrong when looking at their actual PPT during the day.
During their previous fight with TC they would average 400+ during that time. What FA actually lacked (and still lack) is players after midnight until early AM and players in the afternoon.

They'd need a LOT more than that for Tier 2 tho. (Every servers in Tier 3 does, T2 is a different ballgame altogether)

Note : It does look like TC did better than expected today. Slightly reduced the gap.

Edited by Cruyelo, 18 November 2012 - 09:18 PM.


#14 sixplicit

sixplicit

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Location:Sullivan's Island, SC
  • Guild Tag:[PTX]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

View PostCruyelo, on 18 November 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Their NA force is strong, but not "really strong". They've generally lost during NA primetime against Tier 3 servers.
Their greatest asset has always been their EU players. The idea of FA being weak during the day was just how some people explained FA previous losses, but it was always shown to be wrong when looking at their actual PPT during the day.
During their previous fight with TC they would average 400+ during that time. What FA actually lacked (and still lack) is players after midnight until early AM and players in the afternoon.

FA is strong during NA Central-Eastern Primetime.  I don't recall us losing a lot during those times and that time holds its own by winning or keeping it very close.  FA has people labeling it as a bandwagon server.  It received one 100+ Oceanic Group (ASG) who may have brought 1 or 2 very small guilds with them.  Not sure and never verified.  It also may have received a 70 man Japanese group that I have never seen.  May be because of my play time.  Hardly a bandwagon server and every server has at least had one or two decent sized guild transfers to there server.  So I guess we are all bandwagon servers.  So we all suck cause none of us could win without transfers.  The whole thing is silly.  Almost all servers need transfers of some sort to compete. I'm okay with everyone calling us a bandwagon server if we can get a few more quality guilds in the times we need them.

It's true after midnight and in AM we are weakest and I'm pretty sure TC will be making a strong comeback after this weekends event.  They will outnumber FA and YB once they stop killing dragons.  YB had a very strong weekend group and it wasn't our transfers that helped tighten the points in our last meeting.  They even said it themselves.  It was they have jobs and went to sleep during week.  PRO has been our past midnight guys but we are still lacking as the quoted poster has said.  We do not have masses in NA Pacific, Euro, Oceanic, or Asian time zones.  TC and YB are just really busy in PVE.  I have a suspicion that TC points will increase throughout the week and they may pull ahead soon.  I hope not, but they do have numbers when not in PVE.  Luckily we have a holiday soon and FA tends to play hard during holidays and when others prefer to kill dragons.

I agree FA is not ready for Tier 2.  I would rather stay and build in Tier 3-4.  We just don't have the coverage yet.

#15 Omnirai

Omnirai

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

Score update:

TC are getting our forces back from the event crowd, still very close battle between TC and FA while YB continue to fight the good fight as they always do no matter what the scores look like. Very even fighting in EB today with yaks slightly losing out due to their lower population. Some great moves by the very coordinated FA guilds as well - but don't underestimate the tenacity of TC's pug militia!


Posted Image

#16 Bronxbob

Bronxbob

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Location:NY
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Sorry TC and Yaks.  I thought TC was an RP server...didn't seem to be the case this weekend.

FA was busy with events. We're back now.

We'll likely catch up some...

#17 Omnirai

Omnirai

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostBronxbob, on 19 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Sorry TC and Yaks.  I thought TC was an RP server...didn't seem to be the case this weekend.FA was busy with events. We're back now.We'll likely catch up some...
o.o FA was beating on TC throughout the weekend, we only had any real numbers and took the lead after the event lol. We had significantly lower numbers this weekend in particular, as I'm sure is the same with all servers. TC is just hit particularly hard because we have less of the big wvw-centric guilds and more of pugs and militia. FA's big guilds were running full steam throughout the weekend, which built them a healthy lead during that time.Currently it's extremely close after FA's oceanic prime time went beast mode and nearly wiped TC off all maps (we were down to 1 keep, 1 tower and 1 camp total at one point during our coverage dead zone. It's a little more stable now but the gap must be no more than a thousand points. Intense.

Edited by Omnirai, 19 November 2012 - 06:15 PM.


#18 Celendes

Celendes

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • Location:Sniping from above
  • Guild Tag:[Echo]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Curious why Yak's Bend keeps putting so much pressure on us? We aren't the number 1 server in the tier and have been focusing 90% of our efforts against TC. Guess being the middle team really does just suck

Edited by Celendes, 19 November 2012 - 06:55 PM.


#19 Omnirai

Omnirai

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

The middle team is targeted by the first, who wants to increase the lead, and third place, who want to push for second. 2v1s on the winning server just doesn't pay off most of the time it seems. This match is really too close to call though - I think we're easily the most balanced tier this rotation, and will likely continue to be in the foreseeable future unless the balance of power shifts again.

#20 Bronxbob

Bronxbob

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Location:NY
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostOmnirai, on 19 November 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

o.o FA was beating on TC throughout the weekend, we only had any real numbers and took the lead after the event lol. We had significantly lower numbers this weekend in particular, as I'm sure is the same with all servers. TC is just hit particularly hard because we have less of the big wvw-centric guilds and more of pugs and militia. FA's big guilds were running full steam throughout the weekend, which built them a healthy lead during that time.Currently it's extremely close after FA's oceanic prime time went beast mode and nearly wiped TC off all maps (we were down to 1 keep, 1 tower and 1 camp total at one point during our coverage dead zone. It's a little more stable now but the gap must be no more than a thousand points. Intense.

I was referring to the main event Sunday. The other events were rolling events, which you could catch any number of times and/or didn't matter as much. The Sunday event was a must do.

You guys took the "point per tick" lead when the big event was still going last night, lets not get it twisted. Also the biggest guild on FA was in Southsun Cove(or whatever its called) for the whole day. I can only guess that the rest of the server was on it also.

TC guilds PINK and another one(sorry, can't remember who), were on during the event.

Honestly I should have been on the event also, all my guild mates got dope loot. :(

Also I think Yaks is mad at us, because we didn't have this Oceanic presence until the end of our last match.

Not our fault we have some morning presence now....well thats a lie. It is our fault. lol.

The great thing about this is: Look's like we'll continue to have a good matchup with each other for a bit.

The bad thing: Going to miss playing certain servers. As it stands right now we'll never fight Mag or DB again...and as much as we beat them, they were fun to fight.

#21 Lirea

Lirea

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

From what I saw, the event had actually ended on TC before we took the lead in points. Perhaps we just finished the events faster?

#22 Omnirai

Omnirai

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostBronxbob, on 19 November 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

I was referring to the main event Sunday. The other events were rolling events, which you could catch any number of times and/or didn't matter as much. The Sunday event was a must do.

You guys took the "point per tick" lead when the big event was still going last night, lets not get it twisted. Also the biggest guild on FA was in Southsun Cove(or whatever its called) for the whole day. I can only guess that the rest of the server was on it also.

TC guilds PINK and another one(sorry, can't remember who), were on during the event.

Honestly I should have been on the event also, all my guild mates got dope loot. :(

Also I think Yaks is mad at us, because we didn't have this Oceanic presence until the end of our last match.

Not our fault we have some morning presence now....well thats a lie. It is our fault. lol.

The great thing about this is: Look's like we'll continue to have a good matchup with each other for a bit.

The bad thing: Going to miss playing certain servers. As it stands right now we'll never fight Mag or DB again...and as much as we beat them, they were fun to fight.

Ah, I see what you mean. I logged on way after the final event ended (my time zone just gets no love from these one-time thingies) and was pleasantly surprised to see TC finally being in the lead after being oppressed in the weekend. I just assumed we got a surge after the event ended.

FA is kind of like CD in the overwhelming oceanic time slot department, except they also have a strong NA presence to match. YB is of course nearly just as well matched but just so slightly lacking in numbers (but not in spirit!). When you put these 3 servers in the same tier you end up with ridiculously tight scorelines and big swings in ppt, which are always fun to watch.

#23 Bronxbob

Bronxbob

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Location:NY
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostOmnirai, on 19 November 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Ah, I see what you mean. I logged on way after the final event ended (my time zone just gets no love from these one-time thingies) and was pleasantly surprised to see TC finally being in the lead after being oppressed in the weekend. I just assumed we got a surge after the event ended.

FA is kind of like CD in the overwhelming oceanic time slot department, except they also have a strong NA presence to match. YB is of course nearly just as well matched but just so slightly lacking in numbers (but not in spirit!). When you put these 3 servers in the same tier you end up with ridiculously tight scorelines and big swings in ppt, which are always fun to watch.

Honestly I didn't think much of Yak from our previous encounter(with the exception of AoN), but they have really brought it this time around. I get what Celendes was saying though. At times it seems like Yaks went out of their way to hit our targets, even if TC stuff was closer to their waypoints.

There were likely tactical reasons for this, but it has been annoying.

THAT BEING SAID: Its fun. :)

Thats the whole point of WvW to beat up on whoever and whenever.

Although I think it was Saturday, that Yaks made a big push and took SMC from us, only to lose it to TC an hour later. WHAT?!?! Come on guys, start escorting those Dolyaks to get those upgrades going lol.

Its like they all logged off after they took SMC. ;)

Edited by Bronxbob, 19 November 2012 - 07:26 PM.


#24 ablebodie

ablebodie

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

I was in TCBL during the very tail end of the event chain in Southsun Cove, and actually had to go find an overflow that hadn't finished it yet in order to get the chest. The most organized group in our BL at the time was PiNK, and we didn't even have but maybe 16 of us in our BL. On top of that, we were on specifically because FA took our garrison. After recapping the garrison and some guild activities, we brought out the golem train as vengeance. This golem train on FA's borderlands, probably 2-3hrs after Lost Shores was over, was when we took the overall lead from FA. To say that PiNK was on during the entire event chain is just wrong, because we struggled to find enough people to get a garrison push going.

Pettiness aside, this has been a great week so far. Both Yak's Bend and Fort Aspenwood have been great competitors.

Edited by ablebodie, 19 November 2012 - 09:04 PM.


#25 Drtoph

Drtoph

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PTX]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Great week so far.  The fights have been epic.  I know we have had a great time out there.  TC you sure bring hand grenades to a knife fight.  Can't tell you how many times 5 of us went to go scout out swords on a supply camp to see 40 TC murdering the claimer.  It does make for some fun when the rest of our guild shows up and drops a portal in your faces though.  Also, great job defending the garrison on FA last night, made us work to take that one back.  Great week so far, looking forward to more awesome fights.

#26 Aetou

Aetou

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 614 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostDrtoph, on 19 November 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Great week so far.  The fights have been epic.  I know we have had a great time out there.  TC you sure bring hand grenades to a knife fight.  Can't tell you how many times 5 of us went to go scout out swords on a supply camp to see 40 TC murdering the claimer.  It does make for some fun when the rest of our guild shows up and drops a portal in your faces though.  Also, great job defending the garrison on FA last night, made us work to take that one back.  Great week so far, looking forward to more awesome fights.

Says the server that brought a 60 man zerg and 3 golems against a force of 15-20 defenders early today... ;)

#27 Bronxbob

Bronxbob

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Location:NY
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostAetou, on 19 November 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Says the server that brought a 60 man zerg and 3 golems against a force of 15-20 defenders early today... ;)

Yah dude our morning presence is pretty good, of course they logged on to see that we had lost everything, so they likely overreacted. :)

#28 Aetou

Aetou

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 614 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Mhmm.  Hopefully as time goes on we can work to get the servers to be a little more balanced between different timeslots.  It's fun servers having different strengths and weaknesses but at the same time I think we'd all prefer it if each server was capable of holding at least 1-2 Keeps and 3-4 Towers at all times.  Still, trying to desperately fend off the rampaging horde was kinda fun...

I just found your comment amusing in light of how I spent my early afternoon getting crushed by overwhelming waves of FA.  Nothing wrong with some good old fashioned Overkill though! :cool:

#29 Celendes

Celendes

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 67 posts
  • Location:Sniping from above
  • Guild Tag:[Echo]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

This week is starting to show stability in tiers 1-3 in my eyes. The problem i see with this will either be stagnation or a random T4 or T2 server jumping up or dropping down which could change that. This format in itself is starting to wear on me a bit because of the simple fact that if this matchup stays the same with the same results..... who could care less?

#30 Zheo

Zheo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Location:The Great White North
  • Guild Tag:[SQDN]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Funny that there is very little representation from YB on here.I digress.  Was pretty interesting last night when defending DB from the combined forces of FA and TC, with one force hitting the North side and another South.  Seeing our team chat light up with people screaming for reinforcements and Alamo forces holding out to keep the invaders busy while the main force ran to defend somewhere else.

Really makes me consider forking out the money for the Commander title.

Regardless, looking forward to bringing the fight to you all later today.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users