#91 Zheo

Zheo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SQDN]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I'm just looking forward to some new opponents. I think more than 2 weeks of the same match up is a little much. I have NO idea what system would work better, mind you, but just my 2 cents.

#92 The_Tree_Branch

The_Tree_Branch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

More than just new opponents. It was getting old having the exact same spawn locations in all 3 weeks.

#93 Bakedg00ds

Bakedg00ds

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Yeah I have no idea on a better system either.  I feel like, TC/FA/YB/CD are all in a similar place for different reasons.  TC whoops in T3 but then gets beaten pretty handily (based on past - the future could be totally different not sure how your server pop has changed over the last month if at all) by the T2's.  FA/YB/CD will all stomp T4 whenever it's their turn to rotate down.

That's why I was thinking a loose FA/CD strategy against TC may be fun for everyone.  Doesn't need to be any real formal alliance, just an emphasis <wink>.

Also, looks like Borlis and Anvil are stomping up the server ranks, but Darkhaven did the same thing only to get destroyed in T4 by FA so it's pretty difficult to tell if they'll be a challenge in the upper tiers since it's all so relative to the competitors in those lower tiers.

Honestly, I think the best thing for WvWvW would be for a few guilds from SBI/JQ/SoS to pull a TA and disburse into lower tiers.  I know it'd never really happen since lots of people want to win with minimum effort, but it'd be a lot of fun to have around 9 extremely competitive servers.  Sadly, there's an SoS  recruiting post in the GW2 forums....not sure what they're goal is.

#94 Hennet

Hennet

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

People will always make recruit posts for their server because they dont want to lose, and not having 24/7 HoD coverage will give them the chance to lose.

Having people shuffle around servers may be an option, but the issue that would cause would be losing a community that you helped build just for the sake of shuffling up the ranks. Also it would create more blowout matches as those servers move up the ranks to where they should be at for their skill/coverage level.

#95 Bakedg00ds

Bakedg00ds

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostHennet, on 07 December 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

People will always make recruit posts for their server because they dont want to lose, and not having 24/7 HoD coverage will give them the chance to lose.

Having people shuffle around servers may be an option, but the issue that would cause would be losing a community that you helped build just for the sake of shuffling up the ranks. Also it would create more blowout matches as those servers move up the ranks to where they should be at for their skill/coverage level.

I agree. It was my utopian disbursement dream.  In it, there weren't new blowouts but that nice equilibrium of 9 or so competitive servers so there'd always be a fun new composition of teams on the horizon.  It'd be impossible to manage.  As I'm writing this, I think the better answer would probably be for the guilds in T7 and T8 to move up into the higher tiers in a consolidation move.  Again, I know that'd never happen either, but we all need dreams right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users