• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Will Lost Coast event lag force technical update?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Baldur The Bold

Baldur The Bold

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ARM]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

After that debacle that was the group event in LA i had to laugh. My ipad facebook link showing comments that were pretty much "omfg that lag" and "I cant even play this".

Will Anet finally do something about the issue of CPU overusage? Because I can tell you, if they don't I will not even bother to do more events like that. Ever.

Even people with ridiculous computers were horrified at the slideshow that was the entry event into the lost coast.

To make matters worse people were given free invites to the game and offered a taste of LagWars2.

#2 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3360 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Lag isn't always the fault of you or ANet - it could be network problems in between. Was everyone experiencing lag, or just some people going through specific ISPs and/or routes?

#3 Baldur The Bold

Baldur The Bold

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ARM]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Everyone in my server was lagging and almost everyone I read about on FB GW page was lagging badly. These events are useless while the engine is unoptimized.

#4 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

It was 10000% server lag. Alot of players got d/c alot too so they missed the whole event.

Edited by Eon Lilu, 17 November 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#5 Juminator

Juminator

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Yep this time around 1000% Anets fault, no dumping the blame on users, because nearly everyone in all servers got lagged out by a giant wall of karka lagsss.

Heck i was unlucky to be stuck on the overflow for the first and second day, i didnt even see the event, it didnt even start on the overflow, so lame.

My take on this? Anets has an awesome concept and artist team, i love the art and the general concept of the game, but dam, there managment, tecnical/engineering and QA/CM team SUCK big time :( , they just dont get it, its like they bough crappy "single player" servers and dial up connections for their MMO game, and yet they keep trying to pull of this massive 1 time events all the time.

This time we even had the bonus of "refer a friend" at the same time..... like we needed even more stress on the servers, legendary managment skills over there, ended up back firing on them , very lame show for the new players making them go away and even worse for the current players.

Edited by Juminator, 18 November 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#6 The Comfy Chair

The Comfy Chair

The best at space

• Members
  • 5331 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[TKOT]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

It was much better on the other events, it was only really the first one which had major issues.

The third one had issues for some overflow servers, but most were fine.

If you want to check if your computer will run GW2, check here.

If you find out you can't and need to think about upgrading or building another, check here.

#7 Ezendor

Ezendor

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SYN]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

I think the OP was referring to mostly the CPU usage of the game.  GW2 takes 75%> out of my i5 at 3.8GHz on all 4 cores standing in LA with 5 people around me..

#8 The Comfy Chair

The Comfy Chair

The best at space

• Members
  • 5331 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[TKOT]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostEzendor, on 20 November 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

I think the OP was referring to mostly the CPU usage of the game.  GW2 takes 75%> out of my i5 at 3.8GHz on all 4 cores standing in LA with 5 people around me..

*shrug* it may be that i'm just used to WvW and other MMO's where those framerates are godlike in those kind of events, so the idea that someone complaining about the framerate in a 300-500 person event (yes, easily that much, culling is annoying so you couldn't see them) was so strange it passed me by.

Also, the word lag is more a network term :P

They need to work on the CPU side still (DX11 now please), but i don't think this event will force that any more than WvW does already, as it ran well *enough* to play. There aren't many other games where you'd have that many people fighting at once, or many situations on GW2 for that matter.

If you want to check if your computer will run GW2, check here.

If you find out you can't and need to think about upgrading or building another, check here.

#9 Lord Sojar

Lord Sojar

Mesmer of Death

• Site Contributors
  • 2111 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[Heil]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Indeed.   Totally server lag...  no connection can keep up with it.   No PC can handle it.   It's an engine issue coupled with lackluster server side optimization.  

As proof of concept for those who think they're connection might be the issue:

Posted Image   I had the same issues you did.  So... blame ANET.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users