2 replies to this topic

#1 FearsomeBits

FearsomeBits

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Greetings everyone,

my name is Fabio, but you can call me FearsomeBits.

I would like to introduce to you my freshly re-started blog called “A Viable Minty Grog”.

The name seems nonsensical at first glance, and deliberately so. It is a lighthearted play on words as well as an anagram to "variety gaming blog". As such, I will not cover Guild Wars 2 exclusively, but will continue to do so a great deal while I play it as my main game for possibly the next coming years.
I will however, also write blog posts about other games in the future.

More than that, the name also reflects the basic principles of the blog.
I’m trying to be more elaborate in my opinions (slightly minty in the aftertaste, if you wish) and you will most likely hear critical words from me more frequently.
At the same time,my blog is primarily a project that I do for myself, as a way to make me feel good and confident about gaming, by reflecting and writing about what I experience in games.
If you like, you are welcome to feel happy like you’ve drunk too much grog, too.
Still, because I’m not some kind of self- sufficient idiot, I didn't want to waste people's precious time with my internet-ramblings, but make it relevant, (mostly) recent and (hopefully) interesting, thus viable.

To categorize my blog, I have started to write my articles from the perspectives of different personas, each one representing a part of my personality and a journalistic interest respectively:

1.) The Fanboy – an unregular series of random thoughts and ramblings about games that I really like and consider myself a regular follower of. These posts usually won’t aspire to any journalism standards, nor even bother to be objective and unbiased in their opinions.

2.) Le Critique – a series of more fact- based, analytical arguments, discussing various topics and providing critical feedback on games

I might come up with more of these personas in the future.

A bit about me:
I’m a german law-student, gaming, writing and dancing are some of my favorite pastimes, but I also have a crush for the English language. That is why I’m writing in English, as opposed to German, my mother tongue.
I was a regular, though mostly silent, visitor of the GuildWars2Guru in the long period before the launch of Guild Wars 2 and have been using it ever since as my primary place to go look for news, updates and tiny bits of information, that would normally slip under my radar, but that this awesome community always manages to find anyway.

You can find my blog here:
http://viablemintygrog.wordpress.com/

Be sure to check back in this thread for regular updates about new posts regarding GW2 and do not hesitate to provide me with feedback and comments, here or on the blog! I’m still very much a newbie in blogging and all tips and suggestions are welcome! :)

Kind Regards,

FearsomeBits

Edited by FearsomeBits, 02 December 2012 - 02:44 AM.

#2 FearsomeBits

FearsomeBits

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

New post featuring a little reflection about the outcry surrounding last months content-update and the reasons why it turned out how it did.
Click here: http://viablemintygr...-need-more-why/

Didn't quite get everything in there that I wanted to say, but restricted myself to the basic idea. I hope I managed to present it properly :)  
Discussions welcome!

Edit: corrected alot of little grammar and spelling mistakes. oh my, I should definitely proofread at least twice before publishing... Thanks for your interest so far! (Yes, I can see all the clicks :lol:)

Edited by FearsomeBits, 02 December 2012 - 02:27 AM.

#3 FearsomeBits

FearsomeBits

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

New post is up! "Guild Wars: Utopia"!
Some thoughts on ArenaNet holding on to the idea of "appealing to everyone" and why it might hurt their game.
More or less a spontaneous reaction to Ravious' latest interview with Izzy Cartwright over on killtenrats.com.

Click here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users