5 replies to this topic

#1 Jace320

Jace320

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

It seems to me that the prices on the trading post for level 80 exotics  are priced at the cost of materials with very little mark up.  If this is the case and I calculated it correctly then I assume it is more cost efficient to buy the exotic light armor off the TP then to take the time to craft it myself.  Especially since I do not plan to have tailoring as one of my crafting.  

I guess the big questions I have is did I do that calculation correctly or is there a large markup?

And I have the same question for Jewelry.  Specifically Berserker's Jewelry.

Thanks

#2 turbo234

turbo234

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1033 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

You're better off just buying them. There is hardly any mark up. The only way it becomes a good profit is if you farm the materials yourself then craft them

#3 Requiem For Dawn

Requiem For Dawn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

View Postturbo234, on 17 November 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

You're better off just buying them. There is hardly any mark up. The only way it becomes a good profit is if you farm the materials yourself then craft them
This is a misconception, your farming time and total farmed items =/= free stuff
In fact, most of the time it will be even more profitable for you to sell your farmed items and place a buy order on the item you wanted to craft

#4 turbo234

turbo234

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1033 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostRequiem For Dawn, on 17 November 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

This is a misconception, your farming time and total farmed items =/= free stuff
In fact, most of the time it will be even more profitable for you to sell your farmed items and place a buy order on the item you wanted to craft

I'm not saying go out and farm specifically for the materials, just if you happen to have the materials go ahead and craft it.

#5 BrettM

BrettM

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FPI]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

View Postturbo234, on 18 November 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

I'm not saying go out and farm specifically for the materials, just if you happen to have the materials go ahead and craft it.
If you just happen to have the materials, you're still better off selling them and buying the crafted item. It doesn't matter whether you farmed for the mats or just picked them up casually, you still have to factor in their value on the TP to see if it is more profitable to sell them or use them.

#6 Requiem For Dawn

Requiem For Dawn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostBrettM, on 18 November 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

If you just happen to have the materials, you're still better off selling them and buying the crafted item. It doesn't matter whether you farmed for the mats or just picked them up casually, you still have to factor in their value on the TP to see if it is more profitable to sell them or use them.
^this, is what I'm trying to say to everyone who makes that mistake...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users