Elysen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hi.

Recently found myself engrossed in the game after a long break, due to having no real goals. Decided to start gearing up my Conditionmancer in Exotics - but I'm struggling to find a balance between the stats I need.

I understand the fundamentals of what stats I need - Condition Damage & Precision being the preferred 2 - but I'm finding it difficult to find a balance between Toughness & Power for the remainder of the gear.

I want to have fair survival, but without being forced to play defensively, so I'm looking for a good balance of Rabid & Rampager equipment - I'm currently toying around with the idea of Rabid legs/shoulders/gloves with the rest of the equipment being Rampager. However, I don't know just how much it would increase my survivability, or whether it would even be noticeable.

I've also toyed around with the idea of Rabid chest/legs & accessories, with the rest of my armor/weapons being Rampager, but the real offput of this is I am unable to purchase Rampager gear with Karma.

One last idea I've been thinking of is 6/6 Rabid with accessories/weapons being Rampager, as get 6 Superior Runes of the Undead for 5% of Toughness becoming Condition damage. Of course this could lead to totally ignoring Rampager and go all Rabid to make the most of the Runes of Undead.

Any insight into personal preferences would be greatly appreciated before I sink all my dungeon tokens/Karma into this.

One final note is the only equipment I've purchased is Rabid legs from Arah Karma vendor - simply because I couldn't wait to find an answer - so this is one piece of armor I will be definately using and will not substitute.

~Xephenon.

Edited by Xephenon, 19 November 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#2 Wicklow

Wicklow

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

You can't have rabid jewelry, I roll all cond/prec/toughness gear with rampaged jewelry, and a carrion amulet. Seems to work nicely, I want to switch the amulet to rampaged also, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

#3 OChunx

OChunx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostWicklow, on 20 November 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

You can't have rabid jewelry, I roll all cond/prec/toughness gear with rampaged jewelry, and a carrion amulet. Seems to work nicely, I want to switch the amulet to rampaged also, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I think there is actually rabid jewelry on the trading post now, it just doesn't come in exotic form. But yea, I'd go for the exotic rampagers over rare rabid. They're the new passion flower jewelry

Edited by OChunx, 21 November 2012 - 03:15 AM.

#4 Skoigoth

Skoigoth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FNA]
  • Server:Drakkar Lake

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

With the latest patch they actually added exotic jewelry with rabid stats to the game.

http://www.gw2db.com...2-colossus-fang
http://www.gw2db.com...ms/72071-plague
http://www.gw2db.com...8-tortured-root

Since dungeon tokens are required to craft them, I assume the recipes can be obtained from the respective dungeon.

Edited by Skoigoth, 21 November 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#5 Dream Proxy

Dream Proxy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[TS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

wow very nice find, i appreciate the info-- this gives me a reason to do dungeons again :)

#6 Wicklow

Wicklow

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Wow that's awesome, I'll be picking those uplater today when I get home

#7 Fazzi00

Fazzi00

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

since when do conditions crit? i mean, what use is there in stacking crit chance and condition damage when they have nothing to do with each other?. wouldnt it make more sense for power/condition/toughness? atleast that way when you're spamming your auto attack while waiting on other cooldowns you're doing more than 200 damage

Edited by Fazzi00, 22 November 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#8 Itgotbinned

Itgotbinned

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CRUX]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostFazzi00, on 22 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

since when do conditions crit? i mean, what use is there in stacking crit chance and condition damage when they have nothing to do with each other?. wouldnt it make more sense for power/condition/toughness? atleast that way when you're spamming your auto attack while waiting on other cooldowns you're doing more than 200 damage

Boosting overall damage from attacks maybe? triggering useful "on critical" trait procs? I would have thought those would be the prominent reasons.

/Binit

#9 kendro1200

kendro1200

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

View PostFazzi00, on 22 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

You obviously know nothing about necromancers, or conditionmancer builds.
5 points in Curses line can give you an extra bleed stack on any crit.  Toss in a sigil of earth on your weapon and you can stack bleeds really quickly.  Conditionmancer specs on top of that rely off using their scepter mostly for damage.  The scepter scales very poorly with power, making power a largely useless stat for except for when you hop into death shroud for life transfer, but even then a high crit rate with crit damage bonuses can make up for a lack of power in your gear.

To be completely honest, this system is extremely elegant solution to make a type of stat that normally has nothing to do with dot builds, and make dot builds scale extremely well with the stat.  The only downside being the inherently low cap on bleed stacks, or the poor scaling of condition damage in large scale pve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users