• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

OK, now what's the reason Gem prices have gone through the roof?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Castaa

Castaa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dark]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

The gold price of gems have reach another all-time high.

#2 Mountain

Mountain

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Lots of people with money after the event yesterday, either wanting to expand their accounts or store gems for the future.

#3 FoxBat

FoxBat

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3973 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostMountain, on 19 November 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

Lots of people with money after the event yesterday, either wanting to expand their accounts or store gems for the future.

Was there really that much gold given out? Precursors and 20-slot bags are not money.

#4 MrStaby

MrStaby

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostFoxBat, on 19 November 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Was there really that much gold given out? Precursors and 20-slot bags are not money.

Gold to gem's. So yes, precursors are money in a way.

#5 Pysgasm

Pysgasm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Yea... no... heard quite a few people talking about the hundreds of gold they made off the event, one even cleared about 400g....

Do you even trade bro?

Edited by Pysgasm, 20 November 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#6 Mountain

Mountain

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

lol, really? Last I saw, some went to the highest bidder for 2-300g quickly after rewards were out...and some still are being sold. The transfer of money from people who don't want (more) gems to people who do want them is almost undoubtedly the reason gems are on the rise.  I saw 5 dusks, 3 dawns, and 6 legends pinged during the two runs I was able to make through the event. That alone is at least 2800g in new hands. Whether those player keep the precursor (and have their previously saved money free to spend) or sold immediately...I'm willing to bet a large sum that quite a few invested in gems for the future.

That doesn't even touch all the 5-15g awards given to most of the playerbase.  Free money and content players likely leading to lots of gems purchased.

#7 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Im just glad I bought loads of gems with gold at 50 silver per 100 a while back. :) Ka ching! $$$$

Edited by Eon Lilu, 20 November 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#8 Castaa

Castaa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dark]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Gem prices still going up.

#9 Calpis

Calpis

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I just need less than 150 gems to get account upgrade, but now I find it too expensive to trade my only 3 Golds to get that upgrade... To be very honest, I find the gem is shooting sky high due to continuous event chain. I believe the gem price won't drop and will continue its growth as Wintersday is coming up if the schedule follows Guild Wars tradition.

I feel discouraging as the gem price growth is bursting abnormally so people with little time to play can hardly catch up with it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users