#1 Drtrider

Drtrider

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EtG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm huge in WvW, and do some semi-casual sPvP now and then. And I love PvP in GW2, however something is missing...

Capture the flag. I miss a warsong-gulch type of game type. With that said, what are your thoughts about a capture the flag sPvP map?

1. Do you think it would be fun?
2. How do you think Arena Net would do it?
3. Would you play it?
4. Finally, has this been hinted at in the past? (I've searched around and have yet to find anything)

Capture the flag in other games may not always be fair ect however do you think it could be done in GW2? And most importantly how would it work with this unique set of combat mechanics?

#2 nurt

nurt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2386 posts
  • Guild Tag:[WIN]

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

CTF is my favorite of the classic game type in most games that have it.  It promotes a mix of offense and defense, supports a variety of strategies, gets people moving around the map.  The best thing about CTF compared to capture points is that the objective doesn't force you to fight in a tiny node, you always have full mobility to move around the map and use the terrain/positioning to your advantage.  Plus something about capping a flag feels so much more exciting than capping a point.  I guess it's because when you cap a flag you're immediately rewarded instead of gradually building up an advantage.  It's like "YES, WE SCORED" instead of "YES, WE HAVE A SLIGHT ADVANTAGE AND NOW WE WATCH THE CLOCK AND WAIT FOR OUR OPPONENT TO GRADUALLY LOSE."

Not sure about the combination of highlly mobile professions + bunkers would play out, but I'd definitely like to see them try a CTF map.  This game has a lot of immunity/invulnerability/stealth skills that would typically make you drop the flag in other games, plus many professions can combine multiple blink/charge/leap skills back to back and travel really far in an instant.  It might require a lot of tweaks to make it work.

Edited by nurt, 19 November 2012 - 09:58 PM.

#3 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

The problem is that some classes have much better mobility than others.

#4 Lopez

Lopez

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 20 November 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

The problem is that some classes have much better mobility than others.

This is going to be a problem with every game mode. It's a problem with conquest. Different classes will always have different roles in different game modes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users