• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 doooknoookem

doooknoookem

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

So I'm having trouble gearing up my Ranger at the moment. I'm at a loss of what is more useful/does more damage in PvE (zergs, dungeons, etc.) btwn the following builds:

1. Pure Berserker Shortbow/Greatsword with typical direct dmg utilities (QZ, Lightning Reflex, RaO)

2. Pure Rampager armor Shortbow/Axe+Torch(Warhorn) with traps and Entangle.

Both will use Healing Spring as the heal skill. I realize that Longbow/GS might be better with pure Berserker gear, but the Longbow feels a little clunky to me at the moment.

Any tips/opinions/advice?

#2 Acidfix

Acidfix

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Even with full Zerker gear shortbow still is better then longbow. I run 4pc zerker 2pc rampager gear. I use zerker shortbow and rampager axe/warhorn. I have been running 20/20/15/0/15 since I hit 80. I feel it is a very soild build and I really cant seem to find a build that would be any better or really add much more dmg. Condition dmg does make a difference, but not to where you would want to use full rampager. At least that's what I've noticed so far. As for runes Im running 3 Superior rune of the Krait and 3 Superior rune of the Pack. I think im going to pick up Reaver rings for the extra cond dmg and toughness. I also think I'll run 6 Superior rune of the Pack once I decide on getting the Reaver Rings, Im still not 100% sure.

Anyway, I would like to see some different builds maybe you have an idea on something better? So far I cant really come up with anything that would be worth the loss/gain. Maybe some input on what I run, gear,runes,traits. Any feedback there would be nice as well.

Edited by Acidfix, 08 December 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#3 Liquidzoil

Liquidzoil

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostAcidfix, on 08 December 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Even with full Zerker gear shortbow still is better then longbow. I run 4pc zerker 2pc rampager gear. I use zerker shortbow and rampager axe/warhorn. I have been running 20/20/15/0/15 since I hit 80. I feel it is a very soild build and I really cant seem to find a build that would be any better or really add much more dmg. Condition dmg does make a difference, but not to where you would want to use full rampager. At least that's what I've noticed so far. As for runes Im running 3 Superior rune of the Krait and 3 Superior rune of the Pack. I think im going to pick up Reaver rings for the extra cond dmg and toughness. I also think I'll run 6 Superior rune of the Pack once I decide on getting the Reaver Rings, Im still not 100% sure.

Anyway, I would like to see some different builds maybe you have an idea on something better? So far I cant really come up with anything that would be worth the loss/gain. Maybe some input on what I run, gear,runes,traits. Any feedback there would be nice as well.
I'm very curious and interested with your build.
It sounds like the one that I'm looking for. High damage but lots of survivability.
Can you post it here if you don't mind?
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

#4 Acidfix

Acidfix

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Sure, here is the build. http://gw2skills.net...ayUYIj/D0mwtMcN

#5 Acidfix

Acidfix

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

I also wanted to add the quickness you get from Beastmastery when you switch pets is great. I just started using it really and had no idea how nice it was. The great thing about my build is it allows you to go 15 points into Beastmastery so you get the Trait "Loud Whistle" that allows pet swapping to recharge 20% faster.

So that pretty much allows you to have 2 seconds of burst every 15 seconds and if you use Devourer pets like me (they work great with this build) or at least one with a bear for solo type play, you can use the F2 pet skill and stack a lot more bleeds/poison every 15 seconds along with the burst you get from quickness.

#6 Acidfix

Acidfix

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Anyone else have any input on this?

I have also made a few minor adjustments.

The build is still the same 20/20/15/0/15. I still use 4 Zerker and 2 Rampager for my gear but Im now using 6pc Superior Rune of the Pack. Im using  Sigil of Superior Accuracy (5% crit chance) on my Short Bow. I will say use what you want on your Axe/Horn but you cant go wrong with Sigil of minor Accuracy (+10 precision each time you kill a foe) you cant go wrong with it on your Horn, Its great for farming, As for your Axe It all depends how you use it and how often you use it.

I am starting to find that you want about 500 condition dmg even if your not running a full condition gear/build. I was running a Power/Crit build but I do more dmg running this build and all you have to do is change out 2pc of your gear and a few Rings and maybe your necklace. to get that 500 Condition dmg.

The reason I dont go full cond dmg is its not worth it. There are some things that you have to bring down or kill that do not work with cond dmg.

I did a test with another ranger. The other ranger was in full Zerker gear with a pure Power/Crit build. We went out and started killing Karka. The difference was very small but I was killing a tad faster, hardly noticeable. But it was faster.. But what the other player didnt have was the toughness that I had and the 2 seconds of protection when dodge rolling. So he was hit harder as well.  There are no dmg meters in this game so its very hard to tell on what can be better sometimes. I just am going by the speed the karka was killed and other times I have noticed I was doing more dmg then other rangers. So I guess im saying I cannot say this is the best build/setup there is. But it is the best I have come to find so far for me.

Here is everything Im running. Traits/Runes/Sigils. http://gw2skills.net...SymkLJZSLPGEsjA

I would really like to hear back about this as well. I notice alot of people have viewed this but no ansers back. I dont care if you tell me im all wrong and I need to l2p. I just wanna hear some feedback on my build and maybe someone knows a better build. Maybe even the OP can chime in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users