jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Just wanted to ask if the oversights on this process have been fixed. I think we all know that Transmutation stones have worked around some of the games limitations, and I'm wondering if any of them work after the last update.

I know for a fact that, historically, people used Transmutation to achieve the following:

1) Transfer Cultural Armor Skins to a different race/ character. By undergoing two processes the T1-T3 armor of Race A is transferred to a character which is of a different race. What they did was to slap the skin on a common or fine item to remove Soulbound Status. The second transmutation process was to finally put it on the stats you want on the receiving character's inventory. (Ex. Humans where sexy T3 Norn Medium Armor, although Human T3 is also nice.) I think this was the first bugs that was fixed by ANet already.

2) Get "starter" gears back from whatever misfortune they befell. Same process above. I was able to do this prior to last weekend's update for Conqueror's Shoulder armor on my Guardian.

3) Get Order Exclusive Armor Skins. This is the option I'm interested at the moment.

The problem is when I checked transmutation for one of my characters for normal transmutation after update, there was a warning at the bottom of the panel that read "Warning: Transmuted Items become Soulbound."

I know that the Items above are "soulbound" after undergoing the double transmute method but are nonetheless transferable to another character.

Anyone care to comment, please?

Edited by jpg1, 20 November 2012 - 03:22 AM.

#2 aarka

aarka

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

What exactly is your question here? Are you asking if you can still move order skins between non-order characters?

#3 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

View Postaarka, on 20 November 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

What exactly is your question here? Are you asking if you can still move order skins between non-order characters?

Yeah. Simply, that's it. :P

#4 aarka

aarka

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'll have to check it out. My Whispers Necro is in full Priory gear and that stayed fine so they didn't revert anything. If I feel like blowing a gold I'll let you know the result. :P

#5 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

View Postaarka, on 20 November 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

I'll have to check it out. My Whispers Necro is in full Priory gear and that stayed fine so they didn't revert anything. If I feel like blowing a gold I'll let you know the result. :P

No reverting, that much was apparent. Just the new warning on the Transmute Panel. Did they ever revert those Cultural Armors in the past?

Here's to hoping that you do have that gold to blow. :P

Edited by jpg1, 21 November 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#6 JasmineMcCoy

JasmineMcCoy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Oota]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

I don't know about orders armor because I never needed to trasmute it, but the process still works for starter armor: just did it for the thief's hood and the new white item became "account bound". It seems they actually fixed the description on those items - it used to say "soulbound" (have a karma skin trasmuted to a white and it's decsription was fixed as well). Now I guess they need to fix the warning text :P

Edited by JasmineMcCoy, 21 November 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#7 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostJasmineMcCoy, on 21 November 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

I don't know about orders armor because I never needed to trasmute it, but the process still works for starter armor: just did it for the thief's hood and the new white item became "account bound". It seems they actually fixed the description on those items - it used to say "soulbound" (have a karma skin trasmuted to a white and it's decsription was fixed as well). Now I guess they need to fix the warning text :P

Well, if you don't intend to mix and match Order Armors and just went with what you really wanted then I guess you're okay. I went for Whispers for my Guardian as the Weapons looks really awesome but I wanted the Heavy Leggings from the Vigil. So it's really a concern of mine to confirm if the transmutation trick still works.

Are you sure you did it after update? A guild member said he couldn't do it yesterday. Must double check with him as he might have been trying to transmute with the character he wants the gear on.

But thanks for the tip.

Edited by jpg1, 22 November 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#8 JasmineMcCoy

JasmineMcCoy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Oota]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

View Postjpg1, on 22 November 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

Are you sure you did it after update? A guild member said he couldn't do it yesterday. Must double check with him as he might have been trying to transmute with the character he wants the gear on.

I did it with the thief starter hood yesterday. I also trasmuted recently (2 days ago maybe? don't remember, but was after the ancient karka event) a karma skin on a crafted blue (fine quality) armor and it's account bound as well.

#9 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

My friend, did it also so I think for Starters and Order Armors, it's still possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users