2 replies to this topic

#1 Kanthos

Kanthos

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

hi,

I just started playing and choose engineer as my first character. Main reason= I didn't really know what to expect :P (played wow and other similar mmorpgs and this engineer class seemed a little different from what I already know).

Now I have done some wandering around, but I wanna play it a little more serious (full completion and... survival mode= never wanna die, downed doesnt count :P )

I like the flamethrower and I thought of this build:
http://gw2skills.net...noqxUjoGbNuak1A

the bomb is mostly there for cc. Now I hope what I did makes any sense or is it saver/better to just go grenate build for longer range?

any tips/tricks are appreciated. and please don't flame on me if its really sucky, I wouldn't be asking if I didn't think I could use some advice :)

P.S: couple extra questions: what traits should I go for first, right now I'm still really low level? and does Juggernaut remove all the might stacks when I switch to rifle or bomb set? or does  the might that i gained when using the flamethrower last untill the 15 seconds run out?

Edited by Kanthos, 20 November 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#2 marvalis

marvalis

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Rifle and grenades give you better range and superior control: Freeze, immobilize, knockback.
Pistols are more mid-range with inferior control. Bombs and flamthrower are close range.

So generally speaking, it will be harder not to get hit when using pistols and flamethrower instead of rifle and grenades.

#3 Dayne

Dayne

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

for the first traits, i'd say get speedy kits in tools, and then drop 10 into firearms. flamethrower isn't the best build, but i agree it is fun.

flamethrower and elixir gun work well together, bomb does make a good CC move. and you'll need to build some vit/tough since FT is a close range weapon, but if you take kit refinement and elixir gun, you can double up on super elixir for healing.

i like 0/30/0/20/20 for a point spread. that is personal preference. on engi, i like 0/0/0/20/20 and then flavor for what i'm using for damage.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engineer, flamethrower, leveling, build, bomb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users