• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

What is the stat increase of Ascended over Exotic?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 el hefe

el hefe

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1167 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

i couldn't find an answer.  does anyone know how much percentage increase the ascended items are over exotic?

#2 dynia666

dynia666

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

+5 agony resistance and 1 slot with offensive or defensive slot that give you +5 to stat and other is same ... that mean totally not wroth it

#3 GrandmaFunk

GrandmaFunk

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWJ]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hard to say since right now rings are the only thing we can compare.

Ascended - Red Ring of Death

Power: 104
Precision: 69
Crit dmg: +8%

Exotic - Berserker Ring + Exquisite Ruby

Power: 92
Precision: 63
Crit Dmg: +6%
--

So comparing the two we get Ascended being better by:

Power: 13% better
Precision: 9.5% better
Crit Dmg: 33% better

that being said, you're also trading some versatility away because with the ascended item you are locked into those stats whereas Exotic rings let you mix'n'match which stats you boosts by using different jewels

#4 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

If i understood correctly and according to image of the ring (we all saw) it`s about 7% (3 items, 2x rings 1x back slot).
This would translate to about 28% on full Ascended gear (weapons not counted), which isn`t exactly "slight" bump in power, more so when weapons get in calculation i think power output of full Ascended geared player compared to Exotic one will be bigger than 30% !

Infusion slot is nothing extra, because it will be defense mechanism in dungeon(s) with no effect in open world (dev. explanation).

As far as PvE portion of the game is concerned Ascended is not "must have" if you are not big on dungeons, but WvW conflict will ne nerv wrecking experience....fighting people in full Ascended gear (that is if you are not one of them :P) !

#5 IDarko

IDarko

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5486 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

There are infusions with more than agony resistance aswell. There are infusions that add +5 to a certain stat.

#6 typographie

typographie

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2023 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostAlex Dimitri, on 20 November 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

This would translate to about 28% on full Ascended gear (weapons not counted), which isn`t exactly "slight" bump in power, more so when weapons get in calculation i think power output of full Ascended geared player compared to Exotic one will be bigger than 30% !

Using your numbers, if one ascended piece is only 7% better than the corresponding exotic piece, than a given number of ascended pieces is still 7% better than the same number of exotics. Why would you multiply it through when you're replacing pieces 1:1?

#7 Korra

Korra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1415 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

View Posttypographie, on 21 November 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Using your numbers, if one ascended piece is only 7% better than the corresponding exotic piece, than a given number of ascended pieces is still 7% better than the same number of exotics. Why would you multiply it through when you're replacing pieces 1:1?

Because some people skip math classes.

Its pretty obvious that if 1:1 the Ascended is 7% better than the exotic then you have to multiply that 7% for every piece of ascended you have. Simple maths folks!

Note the sarcasm

Also the legend says Ascended are 200% better than the exotics and your character will be rended useless upon not having those items.

#8 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

It`s not my math some people already did calculation and it comes to 3 items (back slot, 2x rings) gives 7% of power up, so 12 items in total 28% (without weapons) !
I think they got result by comparing new ring stats with best exotic set (with same stats) since we don`t know what stats armor will have it`s only safe to presume it will give same advantage as trinkets.

#9 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Then those people don't know how to do multiplications.

If you buy new wheels on a car where one new wheel gives a 7% increase in speed, the car won't go 28% faster.

Edited by Arduin, 23 November 2012 - 11:06 AM.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users