13 replies to this topic

#1 Icey Dragon

Icey Dragon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hey guys, so im looking for some help..
in what order should i farm/get the items?
atm i have:
260 ori ingots
gift of ascalon
225k karma (on guard which will need it)
120k karma on ele
200 skillpoinits on ele
107 skillpoints on guard
65 bagdes..
and around 40g gold...
what would you do :/?
id like to get like a plan or sth.. cause atm what im doing is 2 ori runs pr day.. and then just standing in la...
ty for inputs :D

#2 Lurker14ownz

Lurker14ownz

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VexX]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Depends on the legendary you are farming for. Obviously you need more karma and gold so event farming could be ideal at this point.

Edited by Lurker14ownz, 20 November 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#3 fffire24

fffire24

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CRIT]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

All I have left is some globs, bloods, scales and dusk.  The trick is to do a little of each so it doesn't get boring.

#4 Icey Dragon

Icey Dragon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

View Postfffire24, on 20 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

All I have left is some globs, bloods, scales and dusk.  The trick is to do a little of each so it doesn't get boring.
what did you do to get the rest?

#5 derek1240

derek1240

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

its around this point where the the two groups separate  The ones that want the legendary still and the ones that realize how much time goes into it. Now people have to realize that unless you spend all your time farming the mats or are good at TP then you most likely will never have one unless the price drops in the future.

For someone that does not play 8+ hours a day you will most likely take months to farm up the mats. Especially as they are all skyrocketing to over 20s for t6 mats.

Now the elitist group will say oh yeah its easy you can get it in 1 month the fact is that you guys are the .05% that have that time to dedicate or are very good with the TP which 99% of players aren't.

What you have done is probably the easiest part for the legendary. I spent around 240 shards or around 500k karma to get all my clovers. I have mediocre lucky.

the 40g isnt even a dent in the total you will need to complete it so my reccomendation is to kind of put it on the side and slowly stockpile ectos and all the t6 mats and maybe save gold to buy your percursor.

If you are one of the people that really want instant gratification or are expecting it to be done quickly then you have to realize that all your time will be spent farming and for the most part not enjoying the game.

Getting a legendary now is much harder than when they first were unveiled the only easy part is karma because all of the buffs to karma farming they have added

View PostIcey Dragon, on 20 November 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

He probably bought all of them a couple weeks ago when t6 mats were at like 5-6 silver like I did. Now they are very expensive unfortunately

#6 Turtle Freak

Turtle Freak

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

It's a shame that the easiest parts of getting a legendary are only useful for a legendary.  I'm speaking mainly of this: http://wiki.guildwar...Gift_of_Mastery

I have my gift of exploration and am about 8 or 9 skill points away from a bloodstone shard.  I'm getting close on the karma, and the badges of honor come easily as a side effect of enjoying WvW.  At this point I'm giving up on the idea of ever getting the rest of the requirements (I'm spending all my gold on T3 armor), so it would be nice if there was something else I could use these things for.

#7 fratroisk

fratroisk

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GnG]

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostTurtle Freak, on 21 November 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

It's a shame that the easiest parts of getting a legendary are only useful for a legendary.  I'm speaking mainly of this: http://wiki.guildwar...Gift_of_Mastery

I have my gift of exploration and am about 8 or 9 skill points away from a bloodstone shard.  I'm getting close on the karma, and the badges of honor come easily as a side effect of enjoying WvW.  At this point I'm giving up on the idea of ever getting the rest of the requirements (I'm spending all my gold on T3 armor), so it would be nice if there was something else I could use these things for.

well you can buy armor, consumables and weapons skins with karma aswell as gear with wvw tokens
it's not like there's any waste besides the gift of exploration...

#8 fffire24

fffire24

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostIcey Dragon, on 20 November 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Nothing extraordinary.  Do jp's for badges of honor.  Do orch runs daily.  I don't know what you can do for karma now.  Cursed Shore is barren.

#9 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 4790 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

OP don't worry. ANet made something just for you. They released ascended gear to bridge the reward gap between exotics and legendaries. This means that you should farm FotM and thus making no progress towards Twilight except getting more money (which will probably help).

View PostLurker14ownz, on 20 November 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

Depends on the legendary you are farming for.
I lol'd.

#10 Icey Dragon

Icey Dragon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

View Postraspberry jam, on 21 November 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

OP don't worry. ANet made something just for you. They released ascended gear to bridge the reward gap between exotics and legendaries. This means that you should farm FotM and thus making no progress towards Twilight except getting more money (which will probably help).

I lol'd.
basicly, you are telling me FOTM is a good way to get money? (which is the only hard part for me)

#11 fffire24

fffire24

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

View Postderek1240, on 20 November 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

He probably bought all of them a couple weeks ago when t6 mats were at like 5-6 silver like I did. Now they are very expensive unfortunately

Yeah I got lucky and bought them cheap.

#12 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 4790 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostIcey Dragon, on 21 November 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

basicly, you are telling me FOTM is a good way to get money? (which is the only hard part for me)
As usual, not compared to powertrading, but it's decent I guess.

#13 Turtle Freak

Turtle Freak

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

View Postfratroisk, on 21 November 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

well you can buy armor, consumables and weapons skins with karma aswell as gear with wvw tokens
it's not like there's any waste besides the gift of exploration...

True, but I already bought or crafted all those things.  I was talking more about mystic forge recipes.  I just wish there were more recipes that used the gift of mastery ingredients than just legendaries.

#14 Sgt_GotABeard

Sgt_GotABeard

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BRO]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Getting a good deal of T6 mats and cores from FOTM. About 8 runs yielded two cores, 5 vicious claws and 3 powerful blood as well as bags that yielded additional mats. Doesn't beat smacking crap hours straight but FoTM is at least a middle road between TP and Camping.

Edited by Sgt_GotABeard, 21 November 2012 - 03:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users