#1 Sovelin

Sovelin

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LIVE]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

I have a question about this combo. Is there a cooldown on Valorous defense? If not, is this basically god mode? If I hit 50% and gain aegis, and then get hit and lose aegis (and heal to above 50% in the process), then as soon as I hit 50% again I get back aegis, right?

#2 VicMorrow

VicMorrow

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

it seems they have internal cd

#3 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

That's a rather risky combo even if it didn't have an internal cool down. If you're going to get Honor Adept, Superior Aria seems to be a best choice in the lot.

#4 Sovelin

Sovelin

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LIVE]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

If it has an internal CD it defeats the combo. But how is it a risk without the CD?

#5 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostSovelin, on 21 November 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

If it has an internal CD it defeats the combo. But how is it a risk without the CD?

Straddling the fence with your HP is rather dangerous in general. We don't know how mobs behave for certain. One sec they're not on you, the next their just like the plague. With attacks just flying around from, you can't guarantee that the "combo" can out-trigger all of them, and there's condition damage as well. Lastly, how much does it actually heal?

Edited by jpg1, 22 November 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#6 miruski

miruski

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

i think i read a long time ago that it healed for 600-700 without healing gear and i tried to do this before and it just dosent work for a simple reason, it activates when you go from above 50% health to below 50%, it dosent stop the damage from dropping you far below 50% or slow it down or anything so if you take a hit that takes you from 60% to 30 % it activates, something hits you the aegis blocks it and you only gain about 5% health( thats actually about the amount 600-700 heal does at level 80) so to maintain this balance, something must hit you from above 50% health to 45% health or actually more, 46-47% for this to work, do you think even with no cooldown this can be maintained?
against trash mobs your health wont go near 50% unless you get mobbed then this might save you but surely you can do something like dodge away then hit back on your own terms :P, against champs they wont take your health down 5% at a time, either your build + dodging lets you facetank the kitten without letting your health go down by much or it hits you enough for you to need to back off, in such a case whether the breaking aegis healed you or not does not really matter, its the aegis itself that saved your hide :P
so i know it looked like an awesome way to save yourself, but its way too situational to be of much efficient use and if you go down honour and valor just for those 2 traits..... thats pretty much a waste of 15 points, and if you are already going down all the way these 2 trait lines, then would it be safe to assume you are going for ah/em build? if so then you already got all the self healing you are gonna need without this combination :P so yeah thats just my thoughts about this combo

Edited by miruski, 22 November 2012 - 08:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users