4 replies to this topic

#1 Flooth

Flooth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

What do you think is better for sPVP?  

I am currently trying XEE shantasm build, but it is still hard for me to play, because sometimes I just get rocked by melee and am dead in 2 seconds.

I don't think I am a bad player, but it makes me want to go back to one of these two builds, although very similar.

The biggest thing I am torn between is not getting 15% phantasm damage, and using Taugrims build for legion.  http://www.intothemi...44;1sV2DsV2D8Bl

OR Xee's phantasm build here
http://intothemists....-wW4sV2DsV2D5Bj

What do you guys think?  What are you seeing in the meta? I am seeing WAY more necros then I used to :\

#2 Touche

Touche

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Neither go full shatter.

Also Xee's build is completely different from the phantasm build. You should be using shatters in combination with phantasms.

I've played pretty much every spec with Mesmer and Shatter build is about the only way to go as a dps Mesmer.

#3 Flooth

Flooth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostTouche, on 21 November 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Neither go full shatter.

Also Xee's build is completely different from the phantasm build. You should be using shatters in combination with phantasms.

I've played pretty much every spec with Mesmer and Shatter build is about the only way to go as a dps Mesmer.

I have not tried 10/30/30 shatter build yet, but that is supposed to be the spec I assume?

The shattering on his shantasm build brings up pretty nice numbers, but I guess I will try it out to see if I like it.  It seems that higher tier players are saying shatter is better, but I am not sure yet.

I will test it out!

What do you guys think?

Full shatter?  Shantasm?  Legion?

#4 F O S T E R

F O S T E R

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Guild Tag:[IM]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostTouche, on 21 November 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Agree. I've played phantasm build, it's very good build, but shatter build means burst and burst is best in gw2. less burst - more time for enemy to use heal/other skills. Another way is when using moa, it's viable to use burst then sustained dmg.

#5 derek1240

derek1240

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostF O S T E R, on 23 November 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

Agree. I've played phantasm build, it's very good build, but shatter build means burst and burst is best in gw2. less burst - more time for enemy to use heal/other skills. Another way is when using moa, it's viable to use burst then sustained dmg.
shatter is the way to go right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users