#31 Mouse1981

Mouse1981

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostKorra, on 21 November 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

Hello there folks!

Open World pvp is for most the most attractive thing in an MMO, for the sake of ganking, increasing your e-peen or whatsoever.

And we all can agree  gw2 is missing that part, we have WvW but that is far from being what real open world pvp is. Considering the mechanics and the lore it would be almost imposible to add Real world pvp, besides of alot of people pveheroing arround.

So i propouse to bring back Factions and somehow alliance battles, which imo was the funniest part of Gw1. Not bring AB and factions back as they were but more the concept.

So here goes nothing.

Factions:

-Two factions would be added to the game (for this post we will call them Luxon and Kurzick).
-Guilds would be able to choose un faction to ally with
-Any player representing the guild is counted as a faction member.
-Changing Guilds would change what faction you represent.

Maps and mechanincs:

-One really big level 80 pve map would be open, it would work as a normal pve map.
-Each faction would have a waypoint in each point of the map
-Different factions would be hostile to each other.
-Half of the map would be kurzick zone and the other half luxon.
-Defeating monster in this Area would yield faction points. The highest the mob ranking is the more points it yield. Completing Dynamic events would yeild faction points too.
-Defeating players would give points too.
-Defeating Monsters in enemy territory would give double points.
-Points are indiviual but you could give them in for faction bonus (pretty much like in Gw1).
-Each Faction have a legendary boss (something big, not a freaking Soldier with legendary rank.), defeating the enemys boss would yield a great amount of points plus some nice drops.
-Enemy factions npcs will be hostile. They reward Faction points and they are located arround the enemy zone.
-Not representing any guild will make all npc friendly, including Legendary Bosses.
-Players not representing any guild or players in a guild that is not ally with any faction wouldn't be affected by any of the points above thus being just normal pve.
-When a player enter the map representing a guild, this cannot stand down or change representation while in the map.

Posted Image

Rewards:

-Faction related armors and weapon in a range of three tiers aviable in exchange for faction points.
-Consumables
-Perhaps something like ol' zaishen keys.

I think it would be a nice way to get some nice Open world pvp while not breaking the lore nor the mechanics and giving a new interesting aspect to the game.

Take care

TRUE, hardcore open world PvP would be a HUGE step forward, and immense game improvement for me. One big, consistent WvWvW-like world where everything would happen - all the questing, keep captures etc etc with NO separate PvP/PvE world instancing - would actually make me reconsider coming back to this game.

And more complex game mechanics.

#32 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5204 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Factions do add a certain element to MMOs, server pride is fine but there's something about seeing Horde or Alliance bumperstickers on cars lol  

Unfortunately, I think something like factions really needed to have been part of the basic game design from the start.   Trying to add something like this into the existing game would dilute the concept of community cooperation within the servers.   It would also dilute player population who are doing WvW and spread them out among WvW maps and the new faction map.  

Maybe they'll still add factions later in the game, but however they do I would be surprised if it went against the basic design idea of server community cooperation.

#33 Cutthroat

Cutthroat

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TaG]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostKorra, on 21 November 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

Alliance battles -- the funniest part of Gw1

Good news!

Posted Image

#34 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Oh yes i would love this so much !
Hope we get it in first "real" game expansion.

As for remarks made to OP (Korra), give me GW2 graphics and movement in GW1 and i would jump ships in matter of a heartbeat !!!

#35 Korra

Korra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1415 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostCutthroat, on 05 December 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

Good news!

Posted Image

too bad it didnt happen ><

View PostAlex Dimitri, on 05 December 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

As for remarks made to OP (Korra), give me GW2 graphics and movement in GW1 and i would jump ships in matter of a heartbeat !!!
Same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users