• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Deluted

Deluted

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hi, Have been playing mesmer for a while and have tried out most of the existing pvp builds for tournys and other pvp. I do find most of them interesting although an often occuring scenario is that they either have good damage with low survivability or the other way around.

I have spent a lot of time trying different of my own builds and below is the latest, and according to me the most stable one. It will provide you with enough damage to down any class/build I have encountered in 1v1 and allso provide you with enough survivability to hold against at least 2 oponents long enough for your teammates to come to your aid.

http://gw2skills.net...Nuak1s YQxWk5HA

The build it self is very much based on the illusion bombing build although you wont have the illusionary persona. You will be using staff & sword/pistol. swapping for the focus if you want to be annoying with some push/pull backs.

Playstyle: Using the mind wrack shatter, Duelist and blurred frenzy together for most of your burst damage. Just make sure not the wrack them too early since you have 9% damage increase for each active illusion. The magic bulled will provide some stun/daze before switching to your staff putting up chaos storm for some aditional daze and survivability. You will have a easy time keeping illusions up and going, given you are using the evades. Basically none of your shatter spells part from distortion should be out from its rechargetime for very long.
Using your illusion and phantasm summoning skills in a smart way will give you 9% damage increase and 9% damage taken reduction for allmost the entire fight. You might want to swap Null fiel out for another spell of your choice (I often use Decoy) if you are not facing condition/boon heavy oponents.

General use of portal is also recommended depending on team set up and tactics.

Please try it out and give me some feedback. I have been playing it for over a week now and can tell you it will beat the crap out of any illusionbombing or condition mesmer if you use it properly.

Edited by Deluted, 21 November 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#2 Symbiont

Symbiont

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2697 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NULL]

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

you can't have a diamond mesmer build, because i already made one. and it sure is different than yours ^^

#3 Deluted

Deluted

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostSymbiont, on 21 November 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

you can't have a diamond mesmer build, because i already made one. and it sure is different than yours ^^
"Great minds think alike" Sorry  if the name is taken man. But did not give the name much time. allthough has a nice ring to it if I may say

Edited by Deluted, 21 November 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#4 Symbiont

Symbiont

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2697 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NULL]

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostDeluted, on 21 November 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

"Great minds think alike" Sorry man if the name is taken man. But did not give the name much time. allthough has a nice ring to it if I may say

just p.m. you my diamond mesmer build. there is a reason why i call it that way though...
sorry for the thread hijack, carry on :)

Edited by Symbiont, 21 November 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#5 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

The grandmaster traits on mesmer are some of the best in game and I think it is a mistake to not take one or two to 30.  I always take dueling to 30 and s/p no matter what because it is best one two punch in game.  Lately I have been specing 20 into inspiration and 20 into illusion to make warden and glamours badass.

Edited by Mister Stygian, 23 November 2012 - 04:04 AM.

#6 Deluted

Deluted

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

True, the grandmaster traits are really good. but choosing one often leads to the problem stated above. either you have great dps at the cost of lowering your survivability or you just increase your survivability and lower your damage.

Edited by Deluted, 23 November 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#7 DeRange

DeRange

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Illusionary persona is just too good to pass, sorry. The ability to shatter with no illusions out is just invaluable. Illusionary Invigoration beats precise wrack any day of the week in my book, as well.

Your build has a flawed concept, in my opinion. It's shatter based, but you have your defensive tools (prot and reg) from phantasms. The two things clash.

More so, ill persona and ill invig allow you to use distortion at least 2 times in a fight, which would arguably be better at defense than what you propose.

By the way, lately i'm loving sword off hand. The block followed by a no illusion distortion is really awesome against the usual C&D-steal into backstab thief combo.

Edited by DeRange, 24 November 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#8 Flooth

Flooth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I was actually just theorycrafting a build like this with a great sword   A crit based power GS sword build with the ability to shatter.  I was thinking about the reg/protection traits to help the squishiness disappear.  

This build is literally that to the T.

Although maybe you should try air runes instead!

I am going to test the build out soon

Edited by Flooth, 24 November 2012 - 10:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users