• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Catapults Hitting Through Gates - Will this ever be Fixed ?

bug wvw

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Wotah

Wotah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SICK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

View Postlioka qiao, on 05 December 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

There are a few spots nestled away in a corner on the wall where an arrow cart and operator are safe but can still pummel the gate in the south towers.  In general the walls in EB are pretty safe for arrow carts (except quentin if you get a group with a ballista who knows what they're doing).  You might take a few meteor shower hits in the south borderlands towers but other than that you're fine.

You have to watch for two things when trying this, one is your sage health.  The other is your own.  Dependant on where either of them are one or the other gets owned.

You still have to contend with the catapult against the gate.  It will tear apart any rams you put up.  It gets better if the defenders put the arrow carts behind the gate too cause they can still shoot past the gate or at it.

If rams are put up properly they get just splash damage which isn't too bad.  Definitely the cart thing on the other side though.

Catapults don't have to be exclusively used on walls.  If the keep you're attacking has upgraded walls but not upgraded gate you can still use the catas on the gate.

Yup.

The basic point is that the cata against the gate thing can be countered and quite easily.  Just spend 12 more silver on your siege plan, get catapults, and have the option to go through a wall if the gate is a death trap.  Save your rams for when the keep is completely undefended.

Yep.

#32 lioka qiao

lioka qiao

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[BP]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

I have seen rams put far enough back to just get splash damage.  I haven't seen a case where I was unable to use an arrow cart on top of a wall but i guess I simply haven't defended enough to witness that.  This conversation highlights the defensive and offensive vulnerability in arrow carts and rams.

Rams are vulnerable to tower defenses more so than catapults.  Arrow carts can be vulnerable in most cases but there are good places to put em.  Catapults behind the gate just add a layer of defense.  A similar defense against rams is to have your team put targeted AOE on the gate.  Chances are you'll eat up a few rams this way.  I like sieges that use catapults more than rams simply because it is easier to defend catapults and if placed properly the whole catapult against the gate defense is worthless.

#33 Orikx

Orikx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I prefer rams over catapults but there are times where a cata is necessary. 2 or 3 superior rams on a door in the right place(far enough back) can just destroy a door even a reinforced one.

Obviously though if they are setup very well to defend a gate with siege it's nice to just punch a whole in wall making their defense siege much less effective.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, wvw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users