• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 2 votes

Gaming Sales & Deals - Now in six zesty flavors!

steam summer sale autumn winter spring midweek madness

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#181 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3318 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:10 AM

I am looking at the Steam sale and the new layout is warping my fragile little mind a bit: if I understand correctly, the first two graphics, the "Featured Deals" thingy, are now the new "Daily sales"? So if a game is there, I should pick it up and if it's not there. I am supposed to wait (at least until the last day)?

EDIT: I am looking at Broforce, Defense Grid (2), Kingdom Rush, Anomaly and Grim Dawn. None seem to be on the daily sale yet.

EDIT2: Ahh, Gaf to the rescue. Aye, it seems that the panels are the new daily sales. ^^

Edited by Baron von Scrufflebutt, 27 November 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#182 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1476 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

The Steam sales have 3 sections / sales now.

1 - Featured Deals = 48 hour deals (ie they last 2 days)
2 - unnamed panels under the "recommended for you" bar = 24 hour deals (ie they last 1 day)
3 - all other deals.

As with any Steam Sales - only buy if they appear in either the 2 day or 1 day deals sections, unless it's the last day.

Also worth noting is that if you wait, you possibly will get better deals when the Christmas sales hit Steam (in 3-4 weeks time).

Have a moderation related issue? Send me a PM

#183 Lemming

Lemming

casuals are terrible

• Site Contributors
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

Steam winter sale is live.

Go read /r/GameDeals' threads so that I don't have to put the effort into doing the same stuff.

$6 is an alright price for MGR. Buy Civ 5 Complete for $12.50 instead of vanilla for $7.50. DS2 has a DX11 rerelease next year, so consider waiting another year.

#184 Lemming

Lemming

casuals are terrible

• Site Contributors
  • 741 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:08 AM

If you didn't bother logging on to check today, this winter sale has a couple of pretty big changes - community choice voting happens once a day now, instead of every eight hours, and you'll get a trading card every one vote instead of three - no reason not to take a minute out each day for two weeks for some free money.

Flash sales rotate in every 12 hours now (10AM/10PM PST), and there appear to be six of them each rotation. However, the previous batch is still on discount, even though they don't show up on the front page once the new batch is in.

Overall, there'll be a lower volume of games getting daily/flash/community choice maximum discounts, so if you see something you want to buy show up, you might as well just go for it.

#185 Lemming

Lemming

casuals are terrible

• Site Contributors
  • 741 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

EA digital sale at GameStop

Battlefield 4 $5
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $5
C&C Ultimate Collection $5
Mass Effect Trilogy $10

#186 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3318 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the info and the link to reddit's Gamedeals! Found a coupon for BroForce though it, so that means it's another 25% off! Very nice! Plus DG1 is like 3€ for the whole collection! ^^

EDIT:
Well, hell. Dark Souls is STILL unavailable for purchase in my country. I think I've been bitching about it for more than a year now and it still isn't working. I wonder if they'll offer it once they completely get rid of LIVE.

EDIT2:
Amazon to the rescue! I think Lemm already suggested I try amazon a few months ago: too bad I didn't listen to him then! :P
Got the code, added it to Steam and now I can finally start dying! :D

EDIT3:
Yeah I am dying.

Edited by Baron von Scrufflebutt, 19 December 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#187 Lemming

Lemming

casuals are terrible

• Site Contributors
  • 741 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

Winter Sale day 2

Not that impressive. All three Arkham games together were $10 at BundleStars recently including the Origins season pass.

GMG has a 20% off code (WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE) that stacks with their daily deals. After application, these prices will be cheaper than anything Steam will show up with this sale:
Valkyria Chronicles $12
Skyrim Legendary Edition $10.87
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive $6
Wolfenstein: The New Order $16.31

Deals elsewhere on the internet:
Final Fantasy 14: ARR $10
Killer is Dead $6.79

#188 Lemming

Lemming

casuals are terrible

• Site Contributors
  • 741 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

day 3

Some stuff at MacGameStore is cheaper than Steam prices with coupon code pcgames5off - Civ 5 Complete $9.50. Just make sure you're getting a SteamPlay game so that it'll work on Windows once you redeem the copy.

#189 Lemming

Lemming

casuals are terrible

• Site Contributors
  • 741 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 PM

day 4

These sales are pretty dry.

Dishonored GOTY $8.15; see above for coupon code

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users