• Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

https://www.guildwar...res-and-beyond/

Greetings Heroes of Tyria,

Last weekend we released our free Lost Shores mini-expansion, which introduced a new level 80 map, a brand new PvP map, over 400 new items and rewards,  as well as The Fractals of the Mists—an infinite dungeon that increases in difficulty the deeper you progress.

We’re very excited about the new content, and from the reactions we have seen, so are many of you. Players have already spent an incredible amount of time in the new Fractals dungeon, and their reaction to it has been phenomenal. A lot of players really enjoyed the trailblazing aspect of unveiling the new Southsun Cove map, specifically the feeling of discovery and being part of the land grab.

Having said that, we’re also aware that there were certain aspects of the event that could have worked better than they did, and thanks to your excellent feedback we’ll be working toward strengthening this type of content moving forward. At ArenaNet, we always try to push the boundaries of how we build online worlds, and we thank you for your patience and collaboration as we pioneer into unknown territories. We’ve seen people saying that they really liked the principle of using events to unveil new content, but we need to tighten up the methods by which they are deployed. We take these comments to heart, as it is our goal to always deliver content of the highest quality.

We want to extend a huge “thank you” to all of the players who attended the Lost Shores event over the weekend. We really enjoyed playing with you all and we learned a great deal about the broad spectrum of content we offered. Our sincere thanks for all your feedback and for being part of the journey as we continue to build upon the world of Guild Wars 2.

We also want take the opportunity to talk a little bit about what we have coming into the game soon from a high-level standpoint, an aperitif if you like before our Thanksgiving celebrations. After the holiday we’ll be doing a number of community Q&As and live community conferences where you can ask us questions and get the down-low on how we are evolving the world of Tyria.

Here’s a general rundown of what we are working towards over the upcoming months:
  • Revamping all of our existing dungeons (Story and Explorable versions) through rebalance and overhauled encounters.
  • Adding new dungeons to the Fractal of the Mists.
  • Adding more variation to creatures, enhancing our open world scaling system, as well as evolving many events and experiences across Tyria.
  • Fixing and improving existing content throughout the game, and better tying it into the overall sense of player progression within Guild Wars 2.
  • Building on the Southsun Cove’s persistent content.
  • Adding new Guild content and Guild progression features.
  • Continuing to evolve PvP into an E-sport as outlined here: https://www.guildwar...ed-pvp-iceberg/
  • Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.
  • Continuing to build upon the story and adventures of Guild Wars 2.
So from all of us here at ArenaNet, we hope you have a fantastic holiday and we look forward to seeing and speaking to you all next week—that is if we don’t see you in-game first!

Not a word on the Ascended gear response.  Looks like they're going to ignore it.  Also, glossing over the issues people had with the event and so forth.  So... yeah, spin post, much?

Edited by MazingerZ, 21 November 2012 - 09:48 PM.

It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#2 Levelord

Levelord

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Here’s a general rundown of what we are working towards over the upcoming months:
  • Adding new dungeons to the Fractal of the Mists.
  • Adding more variation to creatures.
  • Enhancing our open world scaling system.
  • Evolving many events and experiences across Tyria.
  • Fixing and improving existing content throughout the game.
  • Adding new Guild content and Guild progression features.
  • Continuing to evolve PvP into an E-sport.
  • Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.
  • Continuing to build upon the story and adventures of Guild Wars 2.

This stuff seems pretty basic and obvious things to do even without a survey.

So what was the point of this goddamn survey?

I'll tell you. Public relations.
It's the same tactic companies like Bioware pulls off telling everyone they are listening when they are not. If Anet is serious about real feedback, then it has to come from forum posts where players can be more specific and outline important points in a logical manner. Having a survey only means Anet chooses the points they want to hear about, while leaving out others. Right now they aren't paying attention to critique because they simply merge threads so that anything important gets buried in a single 100 page thread. I can't take this seriously when I have to click through hundreds of pages of miscellaneous critique to find a specific topic on ascended gear.

#3 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Follow the GW2 forum response here: https://forum-en.gui...ores-and-Beyond

And of course, MK's gestapo response when people bring up the fact that Ascended gear shitstorm wasn't even touched:

https://forum-en.gui...d-Beyond/826462

Mark Karkstein said:

Two things from me:

- We will talk in more detail about the things Chris outlined when we get closer to releasing them.
- If this thread becomes another one where people bicker back and forth about Ascended gear, I will close it down. Please continue discussion about Ascended gear in the existing threads on that topic and do not derail every thread that pops up.

Thank you.

It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#4 prince vingador

prince vingador

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

i dont like i have to grind for ascended either,i dont have much time to play,its not just looks,soon will be like ,you dont have ascended? U not welcome in the party.i bought this game because i though this wouldnt happen,but there is too many fanboys,and whatever anet does it cant be wrong.im very upset with this ascended gear.

#5 dannywolt

dannywolt

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ProT]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostLevelord, on 21 November 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

This stuff seems pretty basic and obvious things to do even without a survey.

So what was the point of this goddamn survey?

To get a true picture of the player-base. Forum activity is skewed too much toward the vocal minority to be an accurate information gathering tool.

#6 Chabby

Chabby

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Rmbr]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Nothing about the ascended.
Nothing about the one-time event rewards issue.

And more of the obvious.

Move along... :/

#7 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Myth]

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

it's never enough is it?

i think the fixes/content they are adding is fantastic, more than swtor ever did for us within its first 3 months.

#8 Levelord

Levelord

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

View Postdannywolt, on 21 November 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

To get a true picture of the player-base. Forum activity is skewed too much toward the vocal minority to be an accurate information gathering tool.

What, you needed a vote to decide if things like "Continuing to build upon the story and adventures of Guild Wars 2" and "Adding new Guild content" are a good thing? Are you so delusional to think that people would vote 'no' to something as obvious as this?

#9 Tregarde

Tregarde

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1018 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'll take this as good news that ArenaNet is listening and trying to make the game better.

Really, The Lost Shores ended only a couple days ago, of course they aren't going to go into details yet. Mostly likely they are going over things and coming up with plans and ideas. With something as complex as an MMO it takes time to figure things out. And anyone who's been following GW2 all these years should know ArenaNet's policy - they'll release information when it's ready.

#10 BnJ

BnJ

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[MARK]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

I won't to know their thoughts on ascended items and if they're going to give other time zones a crack at the one time event many of us missed.

So no, it's not enough.  Just fluff IMO.

#11 Shayne Hawke

Shayne Hawke

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1252 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LiES]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostRickter, on 21 November 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

it's never enough is it?

Any content they add is by default not the removal of Ascended gear, so no.

#12 Helistin

Helistin

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 21 November 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

https://www.guildwar...res-and-beyond/

Not a word on the Ascended gear response.  Looks like they're going to ignore it.  Also, glossing over the issues people had with the event and so forth.  So... yeah, spin post, much?

Standard pr talk , ignore the most important issue there is. Seems it's industry standard but i wonder why almost every company thinks it's a good way to do business.

View PostRickter, on 21 November 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

it's never enough is it?

i think the fixes/content they are adding is fantastic, more than swtor ever did for us within its first 3 months.

Don't think anyone complains about new content. On the other hand theres no shortage of bugs in the game and they are taking their sweet time to fix em so they should take some heat from it.

#13 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • 4176 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Please use News, Interviews & Articles to post news items.

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users