• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sty0pa

sty0pa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I enjoy playing my engy a lot, and can rock my way solo through content, but does anyone have a suggestion for a great group-build?

Something that will absolutely optimize the experience for any group I join that are doing dungeons?
I'd like very much to get to the end of the instance and have them say to themselves, "Damn, it was fantastic having that Engy in the party."

#2 Khlaw

Khlaw

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 209 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PoE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

30 / 0 / 30 / 0 / 10 has been working great for me.  

You toss vulnerability like crazy, load lots of conditions, and provide some utility.  I tend to go pistol/shield, with grenades, bombs, elixir gun/flamethrower, and supply crate.

#3 Ojimaru

Ojimaru

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

I'd like very much to get to the end of the instance and have them say to themselves, "Damn, it was fantastic having that Engy in the party."
Like other other multiplayer games I've played, most people don't realise whatever support contributions to give to the group unless they have been specifically briefed on it. Hell, my Guardian can strip twelve (12) Conditions, apply 6 stacks of Might, Regeneration, 3 Aegis, 30s of Swiftness, Protection, Stability, and Retaliation all within the span of 3 seconds. Give him another 4 seconds and he'll top you off with 12 stacks of Might and a 1k heal. Yet, my guild mates - let alone PuGs - don't much realise what's going on behind their own flashy spells, besides the lack of Red icons above their Utility Skills. By all counts, people tend to give the above comment if you fulfil two criteria, i.e. a) you are seldom Down/Dead and B) the dungeon run was completed in record time because of superior firepower.

In other words, you can still be a great asset to the team by going full DPS, if that's your cup of tea. For example, going for a full glass cannon Power/Precision/Crit Damage Grenadier build automatically gives you access to Steel-Packed Powder, i.e. Explosions apply Vulnerability. The stacks of Vulnerability not only increases your damage, but that of the entire party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users