• Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

https://forum-en.gui...d-Beyond/827333

Nice forum for it.  He will be surrounded by the Guardians of the Circlej---

This post may be locked due to scooping Guru

Edit: on page two, I think post pruning breaks permalinks

Edited by MazingerZ, 21 November 2012 - 11:48 PM.

It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#2 BnJ

BnJ

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[MARK]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Damage control it seems.

Let's hope he has something of substance to say.

#3 VanderBeltLegacy

VanderBeltLegacy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DEAD]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

"We want to extend a huge “thank you” to all of the players who attended the Lost Shores event over the weekend."
yeah well i still havent got any kind of reply about whats going on about the game crashing and not letting me log back in soon as phase 3 started and couldn't log in until it finished..until i get a reply on that..i dont care for new content and refuse to play FotM dungeon...the post about "players who died at chest will ge there rewards" dont count...because ANET decided to bug the game on me and about 120+ people i have talked to had the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS i got the very second we got the mail and Phase 3 launched CRASHED, no log in for 5 hours.  <<trust me, i spent every second, trying..ran to my mum's (20 mins away), tried her computer/internet (both are way better then mine)..NOPE

Edited by VanderBeltLegacy, 22 November 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#4 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostShroomhead Fred, on 22 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Damage control it seems.

Let's hope he has something of substance to say.

The problem is that reddit is a fairly safe environment due to the fanboi hivemind

A) increasing the noise to signal ratio with their adulation and irrelevancy

B) the misuse of the voting system to stifle critical thought and upvote affirmation
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#5 Hector

Hector

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Voting system is terribad.

Anyways, he is just going to say the same PR BS that they have been saying since news of the gear treadmill came out.

#6 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Infarcted!

No offense, but this format is only really good for people who are anonymous. Such as IAMA doctor AMA and in a general discussion forum about medicine. Doctoring, engineering, etc, rarely has enough fans. It is all about imparting information, not public relation spin.

Holding an AMA in the GW2 subreddit will just increase the noise to signal ratio as fanbois ask irrelevant questions that have little do with the reasons you have to do the AMA. To smooth over all the issues the November 15th update caused.

The softest ball that passes over that particular plate will be struck, and the fanbois will consider it a home run and “see? ArenaNet cares!” This is pure PR. And any dissent will be down-voted by the circle-jay that happens on /r/guildwars2, no matter how relevant and poignant the points made.

Hopefully we’ll get a real AMA out of some anonymous ex-developer once this farce fails to produce the results necessary to keep the game’s community together who can give us the internal politics that forced the change in philosphy.

Please help keep these forums a productive and friendly place by posting in a respectful tone.

#7 Shayne Hawke

Shayne Hawke

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1243 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LiES]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

View PostMazingerZ, on 22 November 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

Infarcted!

Oh come now, you have to know better than to even try to post on the official forums.

So, what, are we going to start creating a laundry list of questions we want to pose to him, particularly about the new Ascended gear that the team is almost entirely ignoring?  I'm a little disuaded to put in any real effort on that subject, since the impression I have is that we won't get any real answer.

#8 farkov47

farkov47

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

LOL. Only hear the good things.

#9 Coren

Coren

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[DRK]

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

I wish someone will ask something like : will all story expansions require agony protection or is it still doable with rare/masterwork. A pseudo casual like me can get full exotics with 2 characters without problems, but ascended via grind in fractals? No way.

#10 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostCoren, on 22 November 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

I wish someone will ask something like : will all story expansions require agony protection or is it still doable with rare/masterwork. A pseudo casual like me can get full exotics with 2 characters without problems, but ascended via grind in fractals? No way.

Find it highly unlikely that you would need Agony resistance for story. At least unless we are actually rewarded with Agony resistant gear during said story.

We didn't need to use Exotics for the vanilla story after all.

Edited by Lordkrall, 22 November 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#11 Menehune

Menehune

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 22 November 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

Infarcted!

I'm not surprised and, IMO, the response is fully justified. If all you can do is belittle and insult, then you should have saved yourself the time and effort. Unless, ofc, it was your intention to provoke the mods and make like a martyr waving the infraction like a campaign banner.

#12 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostMenehune, on 22 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

I'm not surprised and, IMO, the response is fully justified. If all you can do is belittle and insult, then you should have saved yourself the time and effort. Unless, ofc, it was your intention to provoke the mods and make like a martyr waving the infraction like a campaign banner.

Infracted for calling out exactly what the the reddit AMA is?  Reddit never does fan subreddits very well.  The only one that I ever saw do well was the /r/masseffect during the ME3 ending debacle.

#13 Var

Var

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1313 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 22 November 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Infracted for calling out exactly what the the reddit AMA is?  Reddit never does fan subreddits very well.  The only one that I ever saw do well was the /r/masseffect during the ME3 ending debacle.

You'd have to be blind to not think that what you wrote wasn't inflammatory and largely confrontational (the word choice of describing the people being targeted with this AMA, calling it a farce, etc).

Right now, you're literally waving the flag of:
~ Everyone who agrees with me is right.
~ Everyone who disagrees with me is a fanboi/wrong/blind.
Heaven forbid that people hold an opinion opposite to yours.

And it does your stance no favors and just makes you look... attention hungry.

Edited by Var, 22 November 2012 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users