• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 4 votes

3 months in and now hate paying for armor repair/travel.

repair travel

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#271 SnowmanRelic

SnowmanRelic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

talking about armor repair, is there anyway so that when the armor breaks we arent exposed? The damage I can deal with the fact im naked running to the next armor repair guy is annoying.

#272 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 4748 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostSnowmanRelic, on 06 December 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

talking about armor repair, is there anyway so that when the armor breaks we arent exposed? The damage I can deal with the fact im naked running to the next armor repair guy is annoying.
Keep a backup set in the backpack, equip it for running back to the armor guy.

#273 Bloeddorst

Bloeddorst

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Use fine quality armor, buy it on TP, every time it breaks, buy a new piece. It is ussually listed 1 copper above sales prices, Enjoy very low repair costs.

#274 draxynnic

draxynnic

Lorebug

• Moderators
  • 7616 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

And enjoy being put into 'defeated' that much more often because of the massive difference between fine and exotic quality gear. Let alone that you're either not using runes or you're paying the cost of recovering them every time you trade out a piece of armour.

It's probably worth considering for events like the Ancient Karka where you were pretty much going to die regardless of how good a player you were or what your gear was, but for general play that's begging to kiss dirt.

That said, if you're going to be a cheapskate, there may be a better way to do it if you have 375+ in the armour crafting discipline you use: Craft rare armour, using tier 5 materials that are an order of magnitude more common than the tier 6 materials that you're going to want for your exotic armour. Wear it until it breaks, then salvage it for the chance of ecto. (You could also potentially do this with rare dungeon reward armour too, if you don't have any other plans for the tokens).
Got any comments or queries about moderation in one of my spheres of responsibility? Make sure I get the message!

#275 GW2Ranger

GW2Ranger

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

I do understand why the thread starter started this thread.

Cost of traveling is something we all deal with, way point wise, its quite a burden. But I can understand the logic behind "want convenience, spend the money". Its a luxury that is hard to afford when you are at lower levels, at mid levels it is slightly better. Only at higher end levels will you feel a less pinch in the pocket.

As for the armour repair cost, i believe it is alright to have it in PVE. Given that if we die versus a PVE foe, it means we don't really understand its attacking pattern or we are challenging something that is not at the level of our character's ability.

But armour repair cost is a drag in Dungeons and WvWvW. This is because, its hard to predict how the flow is going to go, sometimes as mentioned by developer's themselves, WvWvW is not balance and is not meant to be, so repair cost can stack up pretty high and that is where many companions become hesitant to fight it all out. So morals start to drop and so goes the excitement. In Dungeons, you sometimes group up with lesser experience players who may hold you back and your gear gets damage as you strive to protect them, however, as cost of armour repair goes up, it becomes a turn off as well. I feel that WvWvW and Dungeons should not have repair cost. Perhaps a Penalty spawn time when you die like SPVP would be better.

#276 Sandpit

Sandpit

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostGW2Ranger, on 09 December 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Cost of traveling is something we all deal with, way point wise, its quite a burden. But I can understand the logic behind "want convenience, spend the money". Its a luxury that is hard to afford when you are at lower levels, at mid levels it is slightly better. Only at higher end levels will you feel a less pinch in the pocket.

Actually it's the other way round, the cost is cheap enough at low levels that I move around with little regard for it, but when you read level 40-50 the cost starts to bite and you think twice. At level 80, casual players avoid it where possible. You only waypoint travel for your own ends, you never use it to just join an event as you will usually lose out for your efforts. This is why it's bad, it makes players selfish and uncooperative at the higher levels, they only cooperate if they happen to be there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: repair, travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users