• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Woutsie

Woutsie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Whenever I wanna play GW2 on my PC I get long loading times, especially when I do other stuff in the background (facebook, youtube, music, ...) (I play windowed btw)

It's really annoying to log in, enter the world and just stuck for 10-20 seconds on the loading screen to Lions Arch... sometimes it takes more than 1 minute.

It even happens when I'm not doing anything in the background. I try to close other programs so that GW2 has more "power" but it doesn't really work.

I also get very low fps in WvW and Dragon battles (about 2fps when it's really intense)

my specs:
Intel core 2 CPU E6400 @ 2,13 Ghz (windows 7)
2GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3600 series
(i also run everyting on LOW settings)

Edited by Woutsie, 22 November 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#2 typographie

typographie

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2012 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

2 GB of RAM is a pretty tight fit for both Windows 7 and Guild Wars 2, and running anything else at the same time only exacerbates the problem. Make sure you're killing as many background apps as you can, but upgrading to 4 GB of RAM would likely be a big improvement.

Note that that may help with your loading problems, but the rest of your system is still approximately the bare-minimum. Once loaded, I doubt having more RAM would do much for performance. Unfortunately your FPS is likely the best your video card and processor can provide.

Edited by typographie, 23 November 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#3 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3345 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

^^ ditto the above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users