• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

One question popped out in my head over and over again, Ascended gear is here (small dose) whether we like it or not and that`s not gonna change.
But what happens now since Ascended will not be that "easy" to get as exotic ?
I mean i have 8 characters, would i be forced now to pick one and get Ascended gear on him and forget about the rest or what  ?

I would like to hear what you guys think about this, for me it`s like i Love most of my characters but i already investing too much time into game so there is no chance in hell i could get Ascended armor for more than one (even that one will be hard) ?

Is new gear tier "not friendly" to multiple character playing or i`m just imagining things ?

#2 Wickity

Wickity

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Well this totaly depends on how much you play FotM. The fact is that "in time", being a relative term, you can get ascended rings for each of your characters. This of course depends on weather you get lucky by getting the ring to drop in the first place, and then if you again get lucky by that ring having the stats that one of your characters is built for. So in truth yes, all of your characters could have ascended rings but it will take many many weeks of everyday clearing lvl 10+ Jade boss, and a dose of luck....The only rng tied to the back piece are the Vials of Mist essence needed to craft them, which you should at some point aquire, so all you'll need is the t6 mats+ectos...how you aquire those is up to you, but grinding aside you are looking at around 50g+ for each back piece, depending on the t6 mats used.

I'd say like this, at this current point, ascended gear is only 4 stats stronger in the primary, and 2 stats in the secondary, as compared to the exotics...so to "feel" any noticable difference you would have to be fully adorned in ascended gear, meaning all the jewelry and armor, which AneT won't implement for a really long time.

#3 Arewn

Arewn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

Agony kicks in at difficulty 10, and apparently is fairly avoidable up till difficulty 20, so every character who you want to do Fractals of the Mists at difficulty 19+ will need infused ascended gear.
For everything else, exotics work great (i generally just use greens actually lol)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users