• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Obsidian Shards - Better way of obtaining them through npcs?

obsidian shards

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RyuuAkari

RyuuAkari

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[BURN]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

I wanted to write this topic, because it really have concerned me for the past months. Orr has been known to have several bugs and stops progression of the meta event to Cathedral of Glorious Victory. This place is also know to be (or was) the only place people could achieve Obsidian shards for 2100 karma, which is fine for me. Lately they added Fractals of the mists, where people could buy these obsidian shards for 15 fractal relics. Which is also totally fine.

My point is, these two are the only place of obtain shards. In the original Guild Wars one series, Fissure of Woe also known as Balthazars domain, was the only place people could get obsidian shards as drops. This makes its logical to the lore that Cathedral of Glorious Victory should be the place people obtaining these shards. But with broken meta events and weeks without any progression to stock some obsidian shards, I keep seeing my karma just pile up.

I really do want to spend them on these shards but it won't happen with these broken meta events. Instead I've started to depend on the fractals of the mists, because npc never goes broken there. The problems that occurs now is the lack of fractal relics, which I have to grind up.

If Arenanet would make either the NPC never go broken or have an npc staying there 24/7 at a spot selling obsidian shards for its 2100 karma i'd be happy. For now I'm either forced to switch servers or grind fractal relics which in my opinion is a very poor costumer service. Cause karma are totally pointless if meta event to the only place that sells obsidian shards are broken.

#2 Gruunz

Gruunz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostRyuuAkari, on 23 November 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

I'm either forced to switch servers or grind fractal relics which in my opinion is a very poor costumer
I'm pretty sure you're using that in the wrong context. It's a game with a grind. Not really a service, more of 'poor game design choice' if you will.

#3 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2037 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'd agree with putting the Obsidian shards into any of the Temple events' vendors - one of them WILL work and you'll be able to purchase them any time, if you want to.

It certainly is a bit annoying that you always have to pray for the event not to bug out on you.

#4 RyuuAkari

RyuuAkari

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[BURN]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostGruunz, on 23 November 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure you're using that in the wrong context. It's a game with a grind. Not really a service, more of 'poor game design choice' if you will.

My bad :P But I was like determined to get my point out so I totally ignored everything around, but your right poor game design is the word.

View PostIllein, on 23 November 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

I'd agree with putting the Obsidian shards into any of the Temple events' vendors - one of them WILL work and you'll be able to purchase them any time, if you want to.

It certainly is a bit annoying that you always have to pray for the event not to bug out on you.

That would be a fantastic way to solve this issue on, every temple are linked to this, unless its hugging too strong with the orignal guild wars, where Fissure of woe was the only place people could get obsidian shards from.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: obsidian shards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users