• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Prezz

Prezz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Further to the november release i noticed a comment on the patch notes that said they had fixed the issue of people being kicked from the final boss in dungeons to allow for guild members to join.

I myself wholehartedly agree with this as i myself have been kicked at the end of a dungeon meaning i do not get my entitled rewards, i did not however think that they would fix this by not allowing players to join the run other than at the beginning.

Take yesterday for example, i gathered a party, entered FotM and completed 2 of the fractals with ease. The 3rd however did take a little more time and the impatience of some of the group began to show.After finally reaching the 4th fractal 2 of the group decided that they were going to up and leave.

The fact that i could not go back to the lab, LA or even ask my guild members to join is beyond a joke. I completely understand that sometimes things take longer than expected and people have to leave from time to time but the fact that replacements can no longer be found is just plain daft.

So now instead of being able to go find another party member to help you complete the rest of the run (which was a ball ache in its self), the only options now are either continue with reduced numbers in the party usually to no avail or all leave to lions arch and have to start back at the first fractal on the played scale.

I'm sure i am not the only one who is infuriated by this.

Sort it out ANet

#2 Linfang

Linfang

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2362 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

What about people who want to do the fractals but get disconnected? Now they are kicked to the wayside and the group is locked out one less player. That itself is a major issue.

#3 Prezz

Prezz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostLinfang, on 23 November 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

What about people who want to do the fractals but get disconnected? Now they are kicked to the wayside and the group is locked out one less player. That itself is a major issue.

I am in complete agreement with that, the fact that this seems to be the only way to solve the issue with being kicked to make way for other players is utter crap.

If i am honest i believe that ArenaNet have caused an even bigger issue than the one that this was brought in to fix.

#4 Lafiele

Lafiele

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I thought the fix for the other dungeons was that if the party leader kicked the member, they would also get kicked too? something like that

#5 Prezz

Prezz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostLafiele, on 23 November 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

I thought the fix for the other dungeons was that if the party leader kicked the member, they would also get kicked too? something like that

Must admit i will need to bring the patch notes back up to clarify, however the main issue i have is with FotM and the fact that players can not 'fill up' the empty spots within a party.

I believe that it would be better for ANet to have allowed players to join mid way through the dungeon, even if this meant it wouldn't count as completion for that scale for that player(s) who had not completed the full run of fractals. It would still allow In game friends or guildies to jump in and help you out even if they had already completed that scale themselves.

#6 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

I was twice in fractals so far, and both times we played it in party of 4. Every time somebody get`s disconnected !
This should be revisited and fixed along with possible alternative invites, i know people can be asses sometimes but there must be some other solution for this problem (kicking people on end boss) !

#7 AlixIcebane

AlixIcebane

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Ez0]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I did level 4 and 5 with parties of 4. ANd today doing lvl 6 the leader got disconected during hte last boss of last fract to obtain level 7. He reconnected, tried to go back in fract a couple of times and everyone ogt porter to LA.
Given the fact that the boss had around 5% health left I was slightly pissed and let a FU Anet and your discos rip in map chat. 2h later I had received a 70h ban

Gotta love this game

#8 Prezz

Prezz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostAlixIcebane, on 23 November 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

I did level 4 and 5 with parties of 4. ANd today doing lvl 6 the leader got disconected during hte last boss of last fract to obtain level 7. He reconnected, tried to go back in fract a couple of times and everyone ogt porter to LA.
Given the fact that the boss had around 5% health left I was slightly pissed and let a FU Anet and your discos rip in map chat. 2h later I had received a 70h ban

Gotta love this game

I Must admire your bravery - I for one prefer to vent my anger here  :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users