Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Black Friday Discounts Worth it?


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 gene098

gene098

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hey all,

As you know, 25 black lion keys are only 1560 gems...now is that really worth it?
Taking into consideration the few times one actually gets anything good from the chest...

#2 P4ndora

P4ndora

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Chest drop rate is terrible, you barely get anything useful out of it (just thinking about Halloween update). So no, it's not worth the price.

#3 Aetou

Aetou

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 614 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Price of Fine Transmutaion Stones down 40%.  Cost of Gems up 35% compared to a week ago.  Barely worth it.

#4 Sans

Sans

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 914 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

price of 800 gems was 10g last week.
Price of 25 stones was about 6g 50s today when i bought them.
Prices of gems may have gone up, but i did save a few gold.

#5 Flaming_Foxx

Flaming_Foxx

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 448 posts
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostP4ndora, on 23 November 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

Chest drop rate is terrible, you barely get anything useful out of it (just thinking about Halloween update). So no, it's not worth the price.

I get like a chest a day... It's RNG, if your drop rate is horrible you're just 'unlucky'. :P

#6 Nightray

Nightray

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Location:Bratislava,Slovakia
  • Guild Tag:[MuD]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Thinking about keys.

#7 matsif

matsif

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostFlaming_Foxx, on 23 November 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

I get like a chest a day... It's RNG, if your drop rate is horrible you're just 'unlucky'. :P

I get about that as well, but it doesn't change the fact that the chests overall are worthless.  I used to open them up, now I don't even bother and just put them on the TP and get whatever minuscule profit that is offered.  mystery tonics suck, I don't really need the gathering tools, I don't need more black lion salvage kits as I have like 5 unused right now and almost never get rare drops, and boosters are mostly a waste of time as I don't even use any of them other than the crafting booster.

#8 Flaming_Foxx

Flaming_Foxx

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 448 posts
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

View Postmatsif, on 23 November 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

I get about that as well, but it doesn't change the fact that the chests overall are worthless.  I used to open them up, now I don't even bother and just put them on the TP and get whatever minuscule profit that is offered.  mystery tonics suck, I don't really need the gathering tools, I don't need more black lion salvage kits as I have like 5 unused right now and almost never get rare drops, and boosters are mostly a waste of time as I don't even use any of them other than the crafting booster.

You can get rare drops from chests? Lmfao, yes I completely agree with you. I have a ton of BL S#!t sitting in my bank going unused, as well as a whole chunk of chests.

#9 Vihar

Vihar

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Boston
  • Guild Tag:[Rage]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Now you can get twice as much garbage from the chests as before.

#10 gene098

gene098

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Okay thanks guys so overall NOT WORTH IT =D

#11 Baktwerel

Baktwerel

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2154 posts
  • Location:Terrorizing Tyria as Loki Blackskull
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

You can always get a bunch of keys and save them for when the lion chests get some seasonal updates (like at Halloween) and open them only then.

#12 matsif

matsif

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostFlaming_Foxx, on 23 November 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

You can get rare drops from chests? Lmfao, yes I completely agree with you. I have a ton of BL S#!t sitting in my bank going unused, as well as a whole chunk of chests.

not from black lion chests, but black lion kits are the best way to salvage ecto, but I haven't seen a rare drop in ages anyways so what's the point?

#13 HawkofStorms

HawkofStorms

    Guru's Source of Witty Banter

  • Members
  • 3101 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostBaktwerel, on 23 November 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

You can always get a bunch of keys and save them for when the lion chests get some seasonal updates (like at Halloween) and open them only then.

Yeah.  People in my guild are buying keys and saving them for Wintersday.

#14 gene098

gene098

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostHawkofStorms, on 23 November 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

Yeah.  People in my guild are buying keys and saving them for Wintersday.
But wasnt the percentage of a skin drop like 0.86%?

#15 Baktwerel

Baktwerel

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2154 posts
  • Location:Terrorizing Tyria as Loki Blackskull
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

View Postgene098, on 24 November 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

But wasnt the percentage of a skin drop like 0.86%?

Maybe, but you still have better chances at skins with some keys than without any xD

#16 Al Shamari

Al Shamari

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 718 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Guild Tag:[DR]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostHawkofStorms, on 23 November 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

Yeah.  People in my guild are buying keys and saving them for Wintersday.
Except it seems as though Arenanet may have learned their lesson from the Black Lion Chests in Halloween and went a different route with the Lost Shores event, introducing Consortium Chests. So, it's a risky move based on the assumption that they will take a similar route as they did during the Halloween event.

#17 gene098

gene098

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostAl Shamari, on 24 November 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

Except it seems as though Arenanet may have learned their lesson from the Black Lion Chests in Halloween and went a different route with the Lost Shores event, introducing Consortium Chests. So, it's a risky move based on the assumption that they will take a similar route as they did during the Halloween event.
NICE Excellent interpretation

#18 RecentlyTaken

RecentlyTaken

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • Location:over here
  • Guild Tag:[sF]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

What scares me the most about buying the keys is that they won't be like the halloween event, and needed to get skins.

#19 MisterSin

MisterSin

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Location:Black Citadel
  • Guild Tag:[ICoa]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

I gave up on keys
Im thinking of getting Transfusion stones

#20 P4ndora

P4ndora

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostFlaming_Foxx, on 23 November 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

I get like a chest a day... It's RNG, if your drop rate is horrible you're just 'unlucky'. :P

I meant the stuff that chests give when you open them is horrible, not the chest drop rate itself. I'm already sold a stack of 250 when they were worth somewhat more, and now I have antoher ~150. In fact, I get about 3-4 chests a day in my 2-3 hour playtime xD




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users