• Curse Premium
  • 4171 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Posted Image

Today's sales are up in the Gem store!

Posted Image

It's almost the day we've all been waiting for: Minecon 2012 is kicking off tomorrow and Curse is here for you to lean on, whether you're going or not! Curse and the Minecraftforum.net team are on the scene, so be sure to drop by our booth and say hi!  We're hosting a scavenger hunt with some SERIOUS prizes:
  • Shapeways: $300 Shapeways Gift Certificate
  • J!NX: €100 Gift Certificate (x5)
  • Intel® : x4 Intel® Solid-State Drives (x2 intel® SSD of 240Gb & x2 Intel® SSD 480Gb)
  • 57Digital: iPad Mini
  • Microsoft: Xbox + Minecraft Download
  • CraftStudio: Xbox Kinect Bundle
  • Curse: Alienware M14x Laptop (courtesy of Alienware!)
For more information on Minecon, check out this article on Curse! But we're not done yet. We've added more features to the Curse Client to help you back up, restore, and manage your saved games for Minecraft, including the ability to store worlds on a cloud.
  • Saved Worlds: Each individual world on your computer can be locally backed up for safe keeping! In addition to showing when a world was last backed up, the "More Info" tab will show you your health, level, and the number of items in your inventory, as well as give you the ability to share your world's seed with a simple click to copy option. Any saves listed on this screen can be restored.
  • Quicksave: In regular intervals, the Client will create a quicksave of any given world -- These can also be created upon hitting the escape key. If you manage to fall into some lava, have a creeper destroy all your hard work, or just want to go on an NPC rampage without there being consequences, the Quick Saves will have you covered. Just click to restore the world back to its previous state!
  • Saved World Sync: Any Curse Premium member will additionally have the ability to sync any world to the cloud, allowing you to download your world to any PC without the hassle!
Just visit http://www.curse.com/client to get started!

Posted Image

#2 The Bandit Bunny

The Bandit Bunny

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Was expecting better :'(

#3 darkk zhaitan

darkk zhaitan

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Myst]

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostThe Bandit Bunny, on 23 November 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Was expecting better :'(

The items will change daily for the next two days.  I have a feeling they are saving the best for last.

#4 AiponGkooja

AiponGkooja

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Set of 5 keys is 450... times 5 = 25 keys for 2250... but 25 keys original price is 3125 because it's 125 per 1 key?

Seems like a sketchy way to claim 50% off...

#5 Var

Var

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1313 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostAiponGkooja, on 23 November 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

Set of 5 keys is 450... times 5 = 25 keys for 2250... but 25 keys original price is 3125 because it's 125 per 1 key?

Seems like a sketchy way to claim 50% off...

Thats because bulk already has a discount attributed to it, so they took the bulk discounter and added a smaller % off than 50%, but in the end it is still 50% off had you bought 1 at a time. Merchants do this all the time.

#6 AiponGkooja

AiponGkooja

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostVar, on 23 November 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Thats because bulk already has a discount attributed to it, so they took the bulk discounter and added a smaller % off than 50%, but in the end it is still 50% off had you bought 1 at a time. Merchants do this all the time.

I do understand.  It didn't have to be done that way, however; putting the real price and saying 30% off would have been more accurate.

Edited by AiponGkooja, 24 November 2012 - 01:18 AM.

#7 MeltyLotus

MeltyLotus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I find the ad you posted that's larger then the article and has nothing to do with the game in any way, a bit tacky.

#8 stilym

stilym

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostAiponGkooja, on 24 November 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

I do understand.  It didn't have to be done that way, however; putting the real price and saying 30% off would have been more accurate.

erm no it wouldnt, it would be wrong and confusing. you give the discount based on the base item price, not based on some other discount. a key costs 125, when you buy 5 keys you get a discount. when you buy 25 you get a bigger discount. and in this case its 50% off on 25 keys. its completley accurate and a correct way to calculate it.

It would get terribly confusing if you had more tiers and you based each one on the price of the previous one insted of the base price :)

i bought 25 myself, will keep them for the next event. hoping MF boosters, character slots or minis come next.

#9 evilbob

evilbob

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Are the next day's items up yet?  Or do they change sometime other than midnight GMT?

#10 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2075 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEAT]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Did anyone else see this? https://www.guildwar...deluxe-edition/

#11 MoonlitDNC

MoonlitDNC

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Frankly, the "deal" looks fairly worthless for the moment  - does anyone actually use BLM Express items?  Since there really aren't any new must-have costumes, the Bank/Bag expansions are going to be a big one if they go on sale, but with the rising cost of Gold vs Gems....I think I'm going to wait for this crazy spending to just end before I buy more stuff.

#12 AiponGkooja

AiponGkooja

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

View Poststilym, on 24 November 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

erm no it wouldnt, it would be wrong and confusing. you give the discount based on the base item price, not based on some other discount. a key costs 125, when you buy 5 keys you get a discount. when you buy 25 you get a bigger discount. and in this case its 50% off on 25 keys. its completley accurate and a correct way to calculate it.

It would get terribly confusing if you had more tiers and you based each one on the price of the previous one insted of the base price :)

i bought 25 myself, will keep them for the next event. hoping MF boosters, character slots or minis come next.

This would be confusing or inaccurate?

"25 keys.  Normally: 2250.  Now, 1575!  30% discount!"

How so?

Edited by AiponGkooja, 24 November 2012 - 06:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users