• Please log in to reply
772 replies to this topic

#241 MrZero

MrZero

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Because JQ has just been THAT badass the last two weeks.

They have been playing a great spoiler so far though. It's funny to go somewhere and try to take out the siege being used against you and...... here comes JQ to wipe out whomever's siege and run off.

#242 Cosian

Cosian

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SENT]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostKurthos, on 26 November 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

I think there is a meta game in Tier 1 that isn't necessarily "Better" than lower tiers, but it is definitely challenging. Coverage and numbers only matter during each server's deadzones, which do exist despite being in Tier 1. When all numbers are equal, on a map by map basis, it comes down to understanding the meta game and out maneuvering your opponents. This is the analysis we've come up with and we're (multiple guilds sharing this thought) quite happy with the game. Stagnated content? I scoff at the statement :)

I think this is accurate but would add that a key part of the meta game is getting your server mates playing in the first place and then keeping them playing even when things look grim. Every server in the top few Tiers certainly have the raw numbers of subscribers to field a full team on all maps anytime.  It is about how often you can rally the troops to get in there and fight even when things are at their worst.

Clearly SOS came into T1 last week with something to prove.  They showed up in force and took it home.  SBI was coming off a 3 1st place win streak and didn't show.  It's not an excuse, but rather, the reality of long term campaign style play.  And every server is going to experience that reality during any given week.  No server is going to be rolling at the 120% effort it takes to post a win against 2 other competitive teams consistently over weeks and weeks.  

Just like any competitive game play, you cannot look at individual wins or losses.  You gotta look at the whole season.  The real meta game seems to be what happens to a server when they get trounced.  Are they able to recover or do they fade into obscurity.

#243 PvPD00R

PvPD00R

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

I think SoS burned themselves out last week taking 1st.

This week SBI is out with a vengeance and slapping the red-headed step child (JQQ) an kicking the dog (SoS).

Good fights SBI, I do not see a comeback on the #1 spot, but JQQ and SoS will be fighitng it out over the #2 spot.

No matter what anyone says, SBI took the crown this week with authority, and any excuses any server gives are just that, excuses.

It is looking like there will be a rubber match next week.

#244 Kleenex

Kleenex

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Woohooo Friday already and SBI has won..... what a quick week it was.

Seems like it with everyone giving there gratz to SBI ;)

#245 notprofit

notprofit

Pale Tree Seedling

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

View PostKurthos, on 26 November 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

I think there is a meta game in Tier 1 that isn't necessarily "Better" than lower tiers, but it is definitely challenging. Coverage and numbers only matter during each server's deadzones, which do exist despite being in Tier 1. When all numbers are equal, on a map by map basis, it comes down to understanding the meta game and out maneuvering your opponents. This is the analysis we've come up with and we're (multiple guilds sharing this thought) quite happy with the game. Stagnated content? I scoff at the statement :)

Hey, Kurthos! Why were you walking to Bay by yourself? :D

View PostStei, on 26 November 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

Probably the same way you guys felt when both SoS and us hit your hills keep in SoS BL with golems. Lol We just barely missed that ninja too :( SOOOO CLOSE SoS

If I didn't see it, it never happened.

#246 Stei

Stei

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

View Postnotprofit, on 27 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Hey, Kurthos! Why were you walking to Bay by yourself? :D

If I didn't see it, it never happened.
It was a little awkward we were both going to hills on SoS BL with golems and we were like wait do we hit them or let them take it and then us flip it after. Pretty sure we wiped their golems for you guys so I guess we helped you unintentionally lol.

#247 Kananeko

Kananeko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostHohen, on 26 November 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Let the tears from 2v1 cries start flowing again.

We respect SoS and think you guys deserve to be here in t1 but don't start that 2v1 excuse because it's nonsense and comical.

learn to read my post? if it was an actual 2vs1 and jq came out gaining something i wouldn't mind, but that night jq are last on ppt, they are attacking hills while most of sbi zerg are held up by sos (which mean they will have great chance in taking hill), by the time we almost got the briar gate down (most sbi zerg still in briar), jq stopped their hill offense completely and wipe our siege from behind then left and went back to hill but failed, cos after they sandwiched us, wm left briar and wipe jq at hills (giving up a 25pt keep oppotunity to help sbi, this is just retarded. this is a fact, not an excuse.

fighting for 2nd place this week again jq? pathetic server

#248 Rookie of the year

Rookie of the year

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

^^^^ butt hurts already ^_^, score update plox!

Edited by Rookie of the year, 27 November 2012 - 03:10 AM.

#249 gance

gance

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostKananeko, on 27 November 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

learn to read my post? if it was an actual 2vs1 and jq came out gaining something i wouldn't mind, but that night jq are last on ppt, they are attacking hills while most of sbi zerg are held up by sos (which mean they will have great chance in taking hill), by the time we almost got the briar gate down (most sbi zerg still in briar), jq stopped their hill offense completely and wipe our siege from behind then left and went back to hill but failed, cos after they sandwiched us, wm left briar and wipe jq at hills (giving up a 25pt keep oppotunity to help sbi, this is just retarded. this is a fact, not an excuse.

so basically you want JQ to fight SBI? so you want SOS and JQ to 2v1 SBI? because JQ and SBI 2v1ing SOS is useless?
and dude its just tuesday, the fighting for 2nd place is not starting yet
and now you think JQ and SBI become allied? lol have you read recent threads? you never notice some hatred?
anyway samething happens on HOD-SBI-ET days. HOD claiming the same thing. but HOD still won. maybe your server will still win. goodluck

the pattern i saw sometimes in wvw is like this

3rd fightng 2nd to stop them from gaining pts so 3rd can climbed.
while 2nd fighting 1st to stop them from gaining pts so they can climbed, but they also need to defend from 3rd.
and 1st main focus is to stop 2nd from gaining pts.

well its normal.

Edited by gance, 27 November 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#250 TokenDeadGuy2

TokenDeadGuy2

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostWraithpk, on 25 November 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

He's not talking about himself, he's talking about Daish, who refers to himself in the third person.
Thanks literal dude that has no sense of humor

#251 Hohen

Hohen

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

View PostKananeko, on 27 November 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Definitely an excuse full of tears. We've heard that type of QQ before. Welcome to tier 1 and please don't shame your server some more.

Edited by Hohen, 27 November 2012 - 03:55 AM.

#252 Flake

Flake

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TKG]

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

... I don't understand what's happening...

#253 Fannwong

Fannwong

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Score update:

SBI 114,673
SOS 91,635
JQ 79,512

PPT
SOS +320 *SM
JQ +205
SBI +170

Reports of massive pushes by SOS.

#254 Kleenex

Kleenex

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostFlake, on 27 November 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

... I don't understand what's happening...

People are having a cry or there tear ducts are leaking... :D

#255 Stei

Stei

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Crazy fights in SBI BL Garrison that 3 way fight was epic even though SoS totally screwed us over.

#256 notprofit

notprofit

Pale Tree Seedling

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Epic 3-way in Garrison's Lord room just now. We 1v2'd SoS and JQ out of there multiple times. JQ is a bit better at fights because they  think they know but they are just our little brother. SoS even with their numbers still lack the experience fighting in 3-ways for now -- I'm sure they will learn to adapt.

WvW <3

#257 Kleenex

Kleenex

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

View PostFannwong, on 27 November 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Score update:

SBI 114,673
SOS 91,635
JQ 79,512

PPT
SOS +320 *SM
JQ +205
SBI +170

Reports of massive pushes by SOS.

I can see good battles tonight in the oceanic/sea if SoS has decided to rally. I hope JQ play during that time as well I want to experience some more epic 3 way battles during that time zone outside of EB BL

#258 crowea

crowea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostKillminusnine, on 26 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

This is a ridiculous statement.
Please respect my view.

If one (or more) guilds have "taken a break" on SoS this week it does not mean the whole of SoS has taken the week off. We currently lead on +ppt and have stonemist.

SBI has stepped up the pressure this week. There seemed to be far more WM on last night than I saw any time last week. They have the lead in points over both JQ and SoS at the moment, are working hard for it, and so deserve to have it.

Edited by crowea, 27 November 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#259 FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

JQ can't seem to stop kicking both dogs, and are defiantly feeling the bite.  The shear number of players fielded by both SBI and SoS is outstanding.

#260 Stei

Stei

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostFriendlyFire, on 27 November 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

JQ can't seem to stop kicking both dogs, and are defiantly feeling the bite.  The shear number of players fielded by both SBI and SoS is outstanding.
I like to kick em both. I just went around knocking out their waypoints. <----Reason SBI was locked on their home BL for a good three hours lolz.

#261 Stovokor X

Stovokor X

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

+ 335 tick for SoS, far from over ...

Currently all the servers experience periods of undermanned, this match is about reaction and damage control

Edited by Stovokor X, 27 November 2012 - 06:05 AM.

#262 coronbale

coronbale

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Great job in EB today ALL sides.  We logged on and you were working your way into our coner laying siege to our inner towers (outer ones were capped), and our supply camps were so yours you were upgrading them.  Got to see what makes SBI and JQ worthy of T1 WvW status, and was not dissapoint.  Looking forward to seeing if we can turn this around and pull a W out of our asses!

/salute to all that graced the field today, was pretty effin epic.

#263 Fannwong

Fannwong

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

SBI 120,133
SOS 100,124
JQ 84,219

PPT
SOS +490*SM
JQ +70
SBI +145

PRX & other guilds are doing major pushes. Intel says FOO also expected to spearhead Asia Prime starting approx in 1hr.

Edited by Fannwong, 27 November 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#264 Kleenex

Kleenex

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

LOL SoS fully cap SBI/JQ/SoS...  So when SoS bring their man power no plays :mellow:

#265 FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Now is the time to bandwagon SoS!!!!!!!!!  I heard PRX is recruiting!!

#266 crowea

crowea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

SoS doing well tonight :) Still sitting up about +500 ppt.

SBI made a push on their b'lands earlier but we are about to retake, They still own a bit in EB.

Edited by crowea, 27 November 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#267 crowea

crowea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

and a score update for 10PM Sydney time:

SBI   121,192  +90
SoS  104,020  +520
JQ    84,965    +85

#268 Stovokor X

Stovokor X

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

You thought that shizzle was on befo? Well it's on NOW

;)

#269 elithrar

elithrar

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DiE]

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Obviously a break week!

(trust me to log in late tonight)

#270 Luthor Huss

Luthor Huss

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostPvPD00R, on 27 November 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

I think SoS burned themselves out last week taking 1st.

This week SBI is out with a vengeance and slapping the red-headed step child (JQQ) an kicking the dog (SoS).

Good fights SBI, I do not see a comeback on the #1 spot, but JQQ and SoS will be fighitng it out over the #2 spot.

No matter what anyone says, SBI took the crown this week with authority, and any excuses any server gives are just that, excuses.

Quoting for awesomeness.

Grats SBI. Clearly we can't come back and if we do, its just an excuse!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users