Stei

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostWalker, on 29 November 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

I play on JQ, and ever since MMAC left the server JQ has been sinking fast. There's not a single guild on our server worth a damn these days. SoS has us cornered on all four maps and all anyone does in TS is complain and point fingers instead of rally up and do something T1 worthy. I wouldn't call T2 a "refresher" for JQ, instead if I were you I'd get used to calling it home.
So your reverting from trolling MMAC to supporting them? All I see is a butt hurt SoS bandwagoner so please stop wasting your time on the forums representing AoS cause you don't K thanks bye.

#482 Kelo

Kelo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostMrZero, on 29 November 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

SBI hasn't spent any time in tier 2 as it is now. They definitely aren't fighting according to their rank. When (2 weeks, inside joke) DF:UW comes out they are going to lose some hardcore PvPers and will drop like a brick. Prediction - tier 2 / tier 3 by mid Feb.

This is what I fear as it is already known that [LoD] is quitting the game for whatever Darkfall is and I am sure they are not the only ones. Lets just hope it is universal and a lot of major PvP guilds on Sea of Sorrows and Jade Quarry quit the game as well.

#483 Cirus

Cirus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostDeagarFA, on 29 November 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

Something to take our mind off the pain

hahaha

That is so funny! The music is very fitting to it as well.

Golems remind me of Tiger tanks, they are something that is feared by all. So much resources goes into them.

I saw a number of 20+ golems (up to 30) from JQ on the final day of last week, they broke through both outer and inner SM gates, but by the time they got to the throne room they were slaughtered. Never seen nor killed so many golems in my life!

#484 Kurthos

Kurthos

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Work]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

View PostKelo, on 29 November 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

This is what I fear as it is already known that [LoD] is quitting the game for whatever Darkfall is and I am sure they are not the only ones. Lets just hope it is universal and a lot of major PvP guilds on Sea of Sorrows and Jade Quarry quit the game as well.

Sea of Sorrows is not losing any guilds to Darkfall.

#485 Sfuri

Sfuri

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HoES]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostKleenex, on 29 November 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

This remind me of the WM days when they where the driving force for SBI winning. Let see if PRX can keep bringing their A game week after week.

Lets see if PRX can keep their A game?

You do realize they were the premier guild from TA usually controlling EB and 1 other map, when everyone bailed HOD they were the last TA guild that stuck there and fought an imposible match to the end.

Then they moved to SoS and have not zoned out of WvW for what 6-8 weeks or so while still rolling a 100 deep on a boring game that gives ZERO reward for winning. That guild fights for the pride of winning and watching them go since beta without slowing down means that they are the A game.

Everyone else is on a B game or quit.

#486 Beastgate

Beastgate

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostSfuri, on 29 November 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

Lets see if PRX can keep their A game?

You do realize they were the premier guild from TA usually controlling EB and 1 other map, when everyone bailed HOD they were the last TA guild that stuck there and fought an imposible match to the end.

Then they moved to SoS and have not zoned out of WvW for what 6-8 weeks or so while still rolling a 100 deep on a boring game that gives ZERO reward for winning. That guild fights for the pride of winning and watching them go since beta without slowing down means that they are the A game.

Everyone else is on a B game or quit.
They didn't transfer when TA disbanded? I was still on HoD at the time and I remember the first matchup, we actually did very well in the beginning and people were thinking "maybe we don't need TA after all." Then night came and everything went to shit. I don't remember hearing anything about them after TA disbanded, so I had just assumed they quit along with CND. They must have kept quiet about where they were going, because I know many guilds would have followed them.

#487 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • Guild Tag:[URS]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostBeastgate, on 29 November 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

They didn't transfer when TA disbanded? I was still on HoD at the time and I remember the first matchup, we actually did very well in the beginning and people were thinking "maybe we don't need TA after all." Then night came and everything went to shit. I don't remember hearing anything about them after TA disbanded, so I had just assumed they quit along with CND. They must have kept quiet about where they were going, because I know many guilds would have followed them.

If only there was a thread listing where all the TA guilds were going...

#488 Sfuri

Sfuri

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HoES]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

View PostBeastgate, on 29 November 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

Following the threads from back then it looked like this. CND quit out of the blue on reset. TA fought Sat and Sun, One of the weaker Aus guilds decided to anounce TA's break up on the forum when the guilds in TA were not aware of it (think it was houdii's sucky guild) A group of TA decided to go there own way while another group decided to take the week off and evaluate.
Everyone basically sat out except PRX and maybe one more guild.
PRX was one of the few guilds that always wanted to stay on HOD even though they could never get many onto a map because of the huge ques. They decided to stay on HOD after TA split because they thought that they could rally server pride. Well in reallity when the "malitia" caught wind of TA break up they jumped ship within hours so PRX was fighting alone.
I remember the leader of PRX posted saying something along the lines of "we were going to stay on HoD to fight with our brothers, but when I turned left there was no one and when i turned right I saw that our brother have fled." So they moved to SoS where there was a cry for NA help and the rest is history.

Edited by Sfuri, 29 November 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#489 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

^
Damn I remember that post.  This game did provide some funny WvW moments/drama.

#490 Beastgate

Beastgate

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

I remember that time. Most HoD militia were under the impression that ex-TA were going to Blackgate, so I ended up there as well. The only other contender was Far Shiverpeaks (a EU server), and understandably a lot of NA players didn't want to move there. I think very few people knew about PRX and SoS.

#491 MrZero

MrZero

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostBeastgate, on 29 November 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

I remember that time. Most HoD militia were under the impression that ex-TA were going to Blackgate, so I ended up there as well. The only other contender was Far Shiverpeaks (a EU server), and understandably a lot of NA players didn't want to move there. I think very few people knew about PRX and SoS.

Henge to Blackgate to Stormbluff.......

How is Sea of Sorrows?

#492 Papaj

Papaj

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VI]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Score update as of 1:52am EST (GMT -5). Yes, I did intentionally turn my camera around, no I did not intentionally move my WvW score window. I hate shit in the middle of my screen, that's how you die to void zones.

Posted Image

#493 coronbale

coronbale

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

So Im a bit curious here.  Seems like the only name you guys recognize from SoS is PRX.  You talk about them like they are the Boogy man, and if you say their name three times in the dark they will pop out and melt your eyes out of their sockets.  Very odd.

Here is how SoS handles business   Twice a week we have a SERVER WIDE guild leader meeting.  The meeting allows all the guilds to chat with each other, bounce ideas off each other, and solve any problems that we come up with.  This meeting is usually populated with between 10-25 members, all leaders or commanders we will be working with in the coming days.

On Thursday we work out map assignments.  We have 4 map alliances for NA that we rely on to get the job done.  PRX handles one, TSYM + FoE handle another, Work + Atac and the AoI alliance handle a third, and OATH + FANG and a few other guilds make up fourth map.  These are then assigned to various maps where they are in charge of holding and pushing their lands of responsibility.  This is subject to change during the week, but we coordinate the call.

This is not classified, and its not exclusive.  This system is used by MANY teams, just not to the level we have taken it.  A few guilds, maybe an alliance or two, but not a whole server.  Blackgate started using a similar system (not sure if they still do it), and the TA team from what I heard ran similar.  We are doing similar in Planetside 2 right now, and were not alone.  Its as simple as talking with your team, organizing them into sections, and assigning these sections to areas for them to cover.

Now as yourself, if your just going in there and winging it, is it possible that its NOT some TA ghost back from the dead and invulnerable to all resistance?  I've posted this info before, I'm sure ill do it again.  Its not rocket science, its basic organization and leadership.

The fights we have had in T1 have been beyond epic.  3 way fighting and epic battles have made this a VERY memorable experience for everyone I have chatted with.  If your one of these, I /salute you!  If your one of these people that would rather throw mud on here rather than back your team up in WvW (and they ARE in there), I recommend you read my guide to enjoying WvW, cause your doing it wrong.  

http://www.guildwars...o-enjoying-wvw/

Jade Quarry has been amazing in this match up.  Within 2 hours of facing off with them, my team was reeling from their onslaughts and coming up with strategies to make ourselves hard targets, in hopes that they would hit SBI instead, and let us be.  Their ability to read a situation and work the diplomacy of pushing weaker targets for mutual PPT gain has been inspirational, and we learned a lot!

Stormbluff Isle has been able to effectively counter our portal strats better than any server we have face so far.  Some panic and run, some turn and blow their AE attacks, these guys just turn, deploy portal countermeasures in the form of CCs, Fears, and knock backs, then proceed to make us drastically rethink our basic strats and WvW tactics in general.  Whats more, they DON'T GIVE UP.  Nothing owned, nothing to defend, these guys constantly hit us and sent us packing!

All in all, this has been great.  I'm hoping that we see more teams on our opponent servers reaching across to allies in cooperation, rather than pointing fingers and laying blame.  We live for the competition, you guys have provided that, and were sure class isn't out!  For any EU guilds out there, still no queue on your prime time on SoS, and we sure would like to get some more sleep :)

Too all the WvWers who can graciously win, and to all that can throw an honest GG to their opponents that bested them on the field, /salute and /respect.  Has been an honor and a pleasure!

Edited by coronbale, 29 November 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#494 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Anyway, back to PRX.

#495 Stei

Stei

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

View Postcoronbale, on 29 November 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

So Im a bit curious here.  Seems like the only name you guys recognize from SoS is PRX.  You talk about them like they are the Boogy man, and if you say their name three times in the dark they will pop out and melt your eyes out of their sockets.  Very odd.

Here is how SoS handles business   Twice a week we have a SERVER WIDE guild leader meeting.  The meeting allows all the guilds to chat with each other, bounce ideas off each other, and solve any problems that we come up with.  This meeting is usually populated with between 10-25 members, all leaders or commanders we will be working with in the coming days.

On Thursday we work out map assignments.  We have 4 map alliances for NA that we rely on to get the job done.  PRX handles one, TSYM + FoE handle another, Work + Atac and the AoI alliance handle a third, and OATH + FANG and a few other guilds make up fourth map.  These are then assigned to various maps where they are in charge of holding and pushing their lands of responsibility.  This is subject to change during the week, but we coordinate the call.

This is not classified, and its not exclusive.  This system is used by MANY teams, just not to the level we have taken it.  A few guilds, maybe an alliance or two, but not a whole server.  Blackgate started using a similar system (not sure if they still do it), and the TA team from what I heard ran similar.  We are doing similar in Planetside 2 right now, and were not alone.  Its as simple as talking with your team, organizing them into sections, and assigning these sections to areas for them to cover.

Now as yourself, if your just going in there and winging it, is it possible that its NOT some TA ghost back from the dead and invulnerable to all resistance?  I've posted this info before, I'm sure ill do it again.  Its not rocket science, its basic organization and leadership.

The fights we have had in T1 have been beyond epic.  3 way fighting and epic battles have made this a VERY memorable experience for everyone I have chatted with.  If your one of these, I /salute you!  If your one of these people that would rather throw mud on here rather than back your team up in WvW (and they ARE in there), I recommend you read my guide to enjoying WvW, cause your doing it wrong.  

http://www.guildwars...o-enjoying-wvw/

Jade Quarry has been amazing in this match up.  Within 2 hours of facing off with them, my team was reeling from their onslaughts and coming up with strategies to make ourselves hard targets, in hopes that they would hit SBI instead, and let us be.  Their ability to read a situation and work the diplomacy of pushing weaker targets for mutual PPT gain has been inspirational, and we learned a lot!

Stormbluff Isle has been able to effectively counter our portal strats better than any server we have face so far.  Some panic and run, some turn and blow their AE attacks, these guys just turn, deploy portal countermeasures in the form of CCs, Fears, and knock backs, then proceed to make us drastically rethink our basic strats and WvW tactics in general.  Whats more, they DON'T GIVE UP.  Nothing owned, nothing to defend, these guys constantly hit us and sent us packing!

All in all, this has been great.  I'm hoping that we see more teams on our opponent servers reaching across to allies in cooperation, rather than pointing fingers and laying blame.  We live for the competition, you guys have provided that, and were sure class isn't out!  For any EU guilds out there, still no queue on your prime time on SoS, and we sure would like to get some more sleep :)

Too all the WvWers who can graciously win, and to all that can throw an honest GG to their opponents that bested them on the field, /salute and /respect.  Has been an honor and a pleasure!
I think everyone is aware of the other guilds on SoS and respects them. The simple fact is its like almost any team PRX is your superstar persay they take all the glory. Good fights all around GL

#496 Papaj

Papaj

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VI]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostStei, on 29 November 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

The simple fact is its like almost any team PRX is your superstar persay they take all the glory.

It's a running joke amongst the AoI guilds to say in map chat "GJ PRX on full-cap" whenever we turn a map green. On occasion we'll troll one of the PRX commanders and whisper them the same message. Hell, sometimes we even race to see who can do it first.

#497 coronbale

coronbale

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostStei, on 29 November 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

I think everyone is aware of the other guilds on SoS and respects them. The simple fact is its like almost any team PRX is your superstar persay they take all the glory. Good fights all around GL
People underestimate PRX at their own risk.  They have been great working a map, and have had the best morning to night coverage of any single guild on SoS.  /salute

#498 MrZero

MrZero

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

View Postcoronbale, on 29 November 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

snippage
So you run your server like TA ran HoD. It just proves that you are more like TA than you care to admit. Yeah the fighting is fun, I agree with that. I don't know what server you were on before SOS but, you guys are all using the same old tactic that TA did. That is why people are making the comparison.

It is only a matter of time before members from your server get *y and come here to start trolling. When that happens, be prepared for the same thing to happen to SoS that happened on HoD. I'm not saying that to be a dick or anything. In fact, I am one of the people that honestly though TA wasn't going to break up. The theory everyone had at the time was, they were going to get bored and go their separate ways. They were right.

Hell to be really honest, I am getting bored with SoS already. The only tactic seems to be stack up then portal over there. It doesn't matter if it is a supply camp with 4 people in it or group of siege engines outside your walls with 30 people guarding it.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Don't take them too personally like most guru goers seem to. Good luck, have fun, see you on the battlefield.

Edited by MrZero, 29 November 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#499 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostPapaj, on 29 November 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

It's a running joke amongst the AoI guilds to say in map chat "GJ PRX on full-cap" whenever we turn a map green. On occasion we'll troll one of the PRX commanders and whisper them the same message. Hell, sometimes we even race to see who can do it first.

So you troll one of the better guilds in the game because members from other servers troll you about them?

PRX, you're welcome back to GoM.  We'll even rename the server after you.

#500 coronbale

coronbale

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostVanu4life, on 29 November 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

So you troll one of the better guilds in the game because members from other servers troll you about them?

I got a high top hair cut with a PRX on the back.  Your play sir.

BTW, hes not trolling. The PRX commanders I chat with crack up about the comments posted here as well.  All in good fun sugar tits

Edited by coronbale, 29 November 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#501 MrZero

MrZero

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostVanu4life, on 29 November 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

If they move to GoM, I demand to see thread on the official forums petitioning the change in server name. I'll even move to GoM on the thread creation after them move. You can bookmark this post and throw it in my face. :D

#502 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Thats vulgar and offensive my tits are not made of sugar.

TA is still welcome back to GoM though.  Please.  Before we fall another rank.

#503 coronbale

coronbale

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostVanu4life, on 29 November 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Thats vulgar and offensive my tits are not made of sugar.

TA is still welcome back to GoM though.  Please.  Before we fall another rank.

Well a toast to the best forum icon ever...

#504 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Houdii's is better, but I try.

#505 MrZero

MrZero

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostVanu4life, on 29 November 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

Houdii's is better, but I try.

The original one. With the red shirt.

#506 J E R I C O

J E R I C O

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Agg]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Posted Image

Edited by J E R I C O, 29 November 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#507 coronbale

coronbale

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostJ E R I C O, on 29 November 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

Posted Image
lol.   I love this matchup

#508 Aggot Roleplayer

Aggot Roleplayer

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Posted Image

Freakin roleplayer.

#509 lesath

lesath

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

View Postcoronbale, on 29 November 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

People underestimate PRX at their own risk.  They have been great working a map, and have had the best morning to night coverage of any single guild on SoS.  /salute

Dont be so humble, Tysm is no joke and the fact there was a group of guilds that talented hiding on a server like Dragonbrand just goes to show there are probably guilds in this game that you have never heard of but are easily just as talented as anyone in T1.
I've been most impressed by the AoI guys with their extreme dedication that most definitely rivals PRX.
I dont really think making sure we have certain guilds on each maps makes us like TA, we work together because we're a community, we dont have overwhelming numbers that make you want to quit like HoD.  We're all very talented, from the largest guilds to the smallest, SoS is a fantastic server to be on and I for one have been astonished by the kindness that people on this server show.

#510 coronbale

coronbale

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Posted Image
Holy crap, multiple replys on one screen is terrifying...

BTW< just curious, what is your guys KDR?  To find that take your WvW kills (achievements > WvW > Players Killed) and / by your /deaths total

Posted Image

Mine is 44.18 kills for each death

Edited by coronbale, 29 November 2012 - 09:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users