Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 3 votes

BG vs. SoR vs. IoJ - The New Content Hangover


  • Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#91 Impmon

Impmon

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 662 posts
  • Location:Behind you
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Given SOR outnumbers most of the people in BG's currently by like 10 to 1  they're score is horrible.  Also they have to constantly abuse rendering / portal bombing to do anything is laughable when they already outnumber people by 10 to 1.

We'd have like 5 people push back 20 of them and they'd come back and portal bomb us with 50.  Hey if thats the only way you can beat 5 people... good on  you rofl.

I had fun for awhile using temporal curtain to pull you SOR newblets off the cliff wall at Cragtop.  Thanks for the badges.

Edited by Impmon, 29 November 2012 - 02:47 AM.


#92 Lalnuir

Lalnuir

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

View PostRendon, on 28 November 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

Here we have people from all 3 servers throwing baseless accusations at people from other servers saying server X is bad and they should feel bad. Now that we're all equally terrible horrible hacking servers of shame, can we all make up and move on with the match while the mods remove all evidence of this conversation?

This match is incredibly close and anyone can move for a second upset at this point in the week.

I did not say all of IoJ is bad and they should feel bad, I am well aware there are mesmers on all servers abusing the glitch. I simply found it hirlarious how a large IoJ guild(notice I'm not naming them) ran up to bay and started trying to kill the defenders on the wall, then one of their mesmers glitched into bay but died before he could drop his portal. After he died his whole guild just ran away.

View PostImpmon, on 29 November 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

Given SOR outnumbers most of the people in BG's currently by like 10 to 1  they're score is horrible.  Also they have to constantly abuse rendering / portal bombing to do anything is laughable when they already outnumber people by 10 to 1.

We'd have like 5 people push back 20 of them and they'd come back and portal bomb us with 50.  Hey if thats the only way you can beat 5 people... good on  you rofl.

I had fun for awhile using temporal curtain to pull you SOR newblets off the cliff wall at Cragtop.  Thanks for the badges.

Gee what bl/timezone are you playing in?
Outnumbered by someone who is constantly portal bombing? Hey I've had the exact same experience . . .
Sorry but when SoR has out manned buff in our own bl, some people in eb and not even half a dozen people in any other bl you don't get to bitch about being outnumbered.

SoR has a large American presence but rather low European and oceanic presence. That is why the scores look like they do atm despite you feeling outnumbered 10:1 sometimes.

#93 Hellsaint

Hellsaint

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Location:Behind You.
  • Guild Tag:[EPIC]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Posted Image

Blackgate you can't stop this!

Edited by Hellsaint, 29 November 2012 - 06:43 AM.


#94 PunNyJR

PunNyJR

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

i'v been studying all day today and then now i see the gap is down to 1k lol wow

#95 Global_GW2

Global_GW2

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 681 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

View PostHellsaint, on 29 November 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

Blackgate you can't stop this!

I'm not sure what I'm more afraid of ... you, or what you're about to do to that bear. ;)

#96 Smokee

Smokee

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HB]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

View PostHellsaint, on 29 November 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

Blackgate you can't stop this!

Why would anyone wanna spend time stopping a ranger? Not like they can do any harm :P

#97 Blackehawke

Blackehawke

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

HAHAHA! HIRE had the best time fighting Urge tonight. It was a continuous back and forth fight and in the end we got bored :P

so we took all our clothes off and had a race to see who could touch the tower gate from spawn xD there was a 2g reward for the winner,

I'm sure some of you were laughing when you saw a HIRE zerg rush past you in nothing but underwear. hehe
till next time Urge :P

Edited by Blackehawke, 29 November 2012 - 12:12 PM.


#98 MaLeVoLenT_1

MaLeVoLenT_1

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 93 posts
  • Guild Tag:[OnS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

SOSer here!

Oh man this match up seems awesome when we were in Tier 2 IoJ and SOR gave us a serious run for our money! Blackgate I come from Dragonbrand yeah you know the people you roflstomped so we have a natural feeling of rivalry/Revenge with you guys. I wish everyone the best of luck and hopefully one day we'll see one of you in T1.

#99 Cirus

Cirus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

O Wow! What a match up! With only 32 hours left, it's impossible to pick a winner.

Please keep us on the outside updated on what's going on in there, we want detail! :P

The leads, the comebacks, the momentum swings, tactics, tell us!!

Edited by Cirus, 29 November 2012 - 05:16 PM.


#100 Global_GW2

Global_GW2

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 681 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Outside of the actions of a few D-bags this week, this has been an awesome match. SoR was within a few hundred points of BG last night, before your NA crew had to go to bed and we painted most of the BG BL and EB Green. We had the PPT back up to +420ish before IoJ's Oceanic crew started logging in. Also, IoJ has really been bringing it this week. Are you guys dead set on once again proving Charlie Prince wrong? Awesome stuff guys! In my opinion, IF IoJ dropped to T3 (which I don't think will happen), you guys would wreck the place currently.

I'm personally sorry about the crap that happened at DB the past few days. Hopefully everyone can put this behind us at some point and get on with enjoying this great matchup.

#101 Omnirai

Omnirai

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostGlobal_GW2, on 29 November 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Outside of the actions of a few D-bags this week, this has been an awesome match. SoR was within a few hundred points of BG last night, before your NA crew had to go to bed and we painted most of the BG BL and EB Green. We had the PPT back up to +420ish before IoJ's Oceanic crew started logging in. Also, IoJ has really been bringing it this week. Are you guys dead set on once again proving Charlie Prince wrong? Awesome stuff guys! In my opinion, IF IoJ dropped to T3 (which I don't think will happen), you guys would wreck the place currently.

I'm personally sorry about the crap that happened at DB the past few days. Hopefully everyone can put this behind us at some point and get on with enjoying this great matchup.

Any tier 2 server will roll over tier 3. TC has won tier 3 for the past 3 or 4 weeks, and everyone knows what happened when we faced BG and SoR. IoJ are hanging in tier 2 fine, so by extension they are definitely too strong for tier 3.

The ratings are working well to keep the tiers separated atm though, so unless a bunch of servers in T2/3 decide to go on week-long implosions the tiers should stay the way they are for a good while.

#102 Waage83

Waage83

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostOmnirai, on 29 November 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Any tier 2 server will roll over tier 3. TC has won tier 3 for the past 3 or 4 weeks, and everyone knows what happened when we faced BG and SoR. IoJ are hanging in tier 2 fine, so by extension they are definitely too strong for tier 3.

The ratings are working well to keep the tiers separated atm though, so unless a bunch of servers in T2/3 decide to go on week-long implosions the tiers should stay the way they are for a good while.

Don't sell your self short. With a bit of organisation and some guilds willing to put in the effort and you can easy get stronger.

#103 Nirvii

Nirvii

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Epic fight in SM for today guys :) Really impressive defending force from IoJ. Took us so long to break through. Vid incoming tmr!

#104 tgnz

tgnz

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostLalnuir, on 29 November 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

I did not say all of IoJ is bad and they should feel bad, I am well aware there are mesmers on all servers abusing the glitch. I simply found it hirlarious how a large IoJ guild(notice I'm not naming them) ran up to bay and started trying to kill the defenders on the wall, then one of their mesmers glitched into bay but died before he could drop his portal. After he died his whole guild just ran away.

I'd suggest you SHOULD name them.  I'm a member of IOJ and while I don't presume to speak for the server I know that all the discussions we have either in game or on the forums very clearly indicate that we don't condone exploits or cheating in any way shape or form.  I have no issue whatsoever with public shaming and in fact when it comes to this I encourage it - although it would definitely be helpful if you have evidence to support it.

View PostGlobal_GW2, on 29 November 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Are you guys dead set on once again proving Charlie Prince wrong?

Proving him wrong?  You mean to say that he has ever been right? ;) ;)

#105 Xai

Xai

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[iR]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Isolated douche incidents aside, this has been an awesome mach and close enough to keep things exciting for everyone.

Good luck for the rest of the match to all servers!

#106 Vinava

Vinava

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Location:Australien
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostBlackehawke, on 29 November 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

HAHAHA! HIRE had the best time fighting Urge tonight. It was a continuous back and forth fight and in the end we got bored :P

so we took all our clothes off and had a race to see who could touch the tower gate from spawn xD there was a 2g reward for the winner,

I'm sure some of you were laughing when you saw a HIRE zerg rush past you in nothing but underwear. hehe
till next time Urge :P

Lol where is my 2g?! I went the furthest!! I was the dead naked chick by the tower door and I have screenshots to prove it!

Anyway, while we were having fun death racing, IoJ took a lot of EB including SM castle.

#107 MrZero

MrZero

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostSmokee, on 29 November 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

Why would anyone wanna spend time stopping a ranger? Not like they can do any harm :P

HAHAHA

As a former ranger, my target priority goes - Other players>NPCs>Ranger pets>Rangers

#108 Val367

Val367

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Location:Perth, WA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Posted Image

Score update from 2 mins ago

#109 ManJr

ManJr

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • Guild Tag:[bOOb]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

View PostHellsaint, on 29 November 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

Blackgate you can't stop this!

Is it just me or does that bear have an abnormally large ass?

#110 MrZero

MrZero

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

View PostManJr, on 30 November 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

Is it just me or does that bear have an abnormally large ass?

Watch insulting his bear's ass man. He'll go put on his full exotics and go 50 more damage than naked and bare handed!

#111 BnJ

BnJ

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[MARK]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostManJr, on 30 November 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

Is it just me or does that bear have an abnormally large ass?

More cushion for the pushin!

#112 xcalamity

xcalamity

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 214 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Urge]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostBlackehawke, on 29 November 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

HAHAHA! HIRE had the best time fighting Urge tonight. It was a continuous back and forth fight and in the end we got bored

so we took all our clothes off and had a race to see who could touch the tower gate from spawn xD there was a 2g reward for the winner,

I'm sure some of you were laughing when you saw a HIRE zerg rush past you in nothing but underwear. hehe
till next time Urge

yeah it was fun, we know youre making  sure urge stay on our home border while ND helps EBG. :lol:
but we dont have a choice, we dont want to have our map all red again :P

we love playing with hire and ND , mindgames and maphopping here and there

care if you ask around and find whos the mesmer behind this? i dont want our fun to be spoiled
"IF" its done by someone who uses some bug( "IF" there are any) on their advantage

again so much respect with hire and ND (F* portal bombs) !


Posted Image

we came up with a theory, this happens when a mesmer illusion was attacking someone from the wall and went down then mesmer uses the switch body technique then portal.

can anyone help me experiment ? we are willing to coordinate with our enemy to prove it
you provide the mesmer coz urge doesnt have any haha

Edited by xcalamity, 30 November 2012 - 05:07 AM.


#113 Smokee

Smokee

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HB]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

This has been, and is an epic matchup. Thanks to both IoJ and SoR for all the good fights.

Here is another HB video, this time taken from an Engineer PoV.



#114 J E R I C O

J E R I C O

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 105 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Agg]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

hope to see BG in t1 soon

#115 Rendon

Rendon

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostJ E R I C O, on 30 November 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

hope to see BG in t1 soon
In our current state, we won't be able to compete throughout the entire week. It would be a fun weekend though, if we get there. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem like it will ever happen. Each week we lose more rating than we gain.

#116 bagsy

bagsy

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'm preferring T2 anyway. Both SOR and IOJ are much more fun to fight.

#117 ZCKS

ZCKS

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1418 posts
  • Location:The ass end of nowhere... AKA Kansas
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Personally I'm hoping for arena.net to do 2 things ASAP where WvW is concerned.

1: Fix the d@mn glitches allowing people to teleport/blink through doors & let their entire server in. (For that matter they could also stand to limit how many people can use a portal, say 20-25 charges, & in return lower the cool down slightly)

2: Give WvW some material incentive to draw more people into it. (As is my server has had a steep drop off in how many people actually play WvW because you can get much much much better gear, karma & XP farming PVE.

Also it would be nice if WvW had its own achievements that rewarded siege equipment.

#118 xcalamity

xcalamity

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 214 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Urge]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostJ E R I C O, on 30 November 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

hope to see BG in t1 soon

no we love ioj and sor, really fun and epic fights

#119 pot

pot

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 201 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Postxcalamity, on 30 November 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:



care if you ask around and find whos the mesmer behind this? i dont want our fun to be spoiled
"IF" its done by someone who uses some bug( "IF" there are any) on their advantage

again so much respect with hire and ND (F* portal bombs) !

we came up with a theory, this happens when a mesmer illusion was attacking someone from the wall and went down then mesmer uses the switch body technique then portal.

can anyone help me experiment ? we are willing to coordinate with our enemy to prove it
you provide the mesmer coz urge doesnt have any haha

I was there for that. Inner gate was still up, was disappointing.

Edited by pot, 30 November 2012 - 01:19 PM.


#120 Vinava

Vinava

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Location:Australien
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

View Postxcalamity, on 30 November 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

yeah it was fun, we know youre making  sure urge stay on our home border while ND helps EBG. :lol:
but we dont have a choice, we dont want to have our map all red again :P

we love playing with hire and ND , mindgames and maphopping here and there

care if you ask around and find whos the mesmer behind this? i dont want our fun to be spoiled
"IF" its done by someone who uses some bug( "IF" there are any) on their advantage

again so much respect with hire and ND (F* portal bombs) !


Posted Image

we came up with a theory, this happens when a mesmer illusion was attacking someone from the wall and went down then mesmer uses the switch body technique then portal.

can anyone help me experiment ? we are willing to coordinate with our enemy to prove it
you provide the mesmer coz urge doesnt have any haha

can you provide a clearer picture? I can't see anything with that resolution




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users