• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KrayZ33

KrayZ33

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

I'm not sure if this is a wide known fact, if it is a fact that is but I've used that sigil for a while now and just recently (1 week ago?) I noticed small white numbers popping up once in a while whenever I crit.

Posted Image

given the fact that our crit rate is extremely high (~60-80%) that sigil seems to be doing some serious damage and of course - adds more survivability

or does anyone else know where that number could be comming from? all I used are auto-attacks (+ axe 3). I'm using a 20/0/0/20/30 build

please note that those numbers appear more frequently when I'm using the lifesteal-bufffood and they deal the exact number of damage as they heal me.

now how come noone ever talks about this when they talk about how they deal damage etc.?
is it just a display bug? because the numbers don't appear in battlelog but the heal doesn't either so I can't take that as a reference.

in my opinion, weapon that hit fast and more often, Axe and Longbow especially, deal alot more damage because of that. or make that, deal more damage than one would've thought on first sight (take 1h-swords burstskill for example)

remember, bufffood deals ~3xx damage on lvl 80, the sigil does around 500 (2 second cooldown)

any thoughts?

Edited by KrayZ33, 24 November 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#2 Diggy

Diggy

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Life on crit food does not do dmg as far as i know been using it alot and I have never noticed it doing dmg.
How ever the sigil of blood does but it's on a 2sec cd I believe. So dmg wise sigil of air/fire is better I think.

#3 KrayZ33

KrayZ33

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

as I said, the same numbers pop up when I'm using the food and not the sigil,
they are lower though (however food does heal less than sigil too)

using a long bow with auto attack

2-4 numbers sometimes (only if I crit) even though it should always be 2 and the extra numbers match the healing numbers and are always doing the same amount of damage. (no variation in how high/low it is)

so Its pretty much clear that its the food and the sigil, how do I test whether or not it really does damage?

Edited by KrayZ33, 24 November 2012 - 09:05 PM.

#4 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

I think there's a 2 second ICD, so weapon speed doesn't really matter unless you have a really low crit chance.

#5 KrayZ33

KrayZ33

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

but there is no icd on the food and I can assure you now that it also deals the damage it steals

1 question, is sigil of fire able to crit?
because that would also trigger the food-lifeleech

Edited by KrayZ33, 25 November 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#6 MrCats

MrCats

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Server:Blacktide

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

I've never personally seen the sigil of fire crit, but i haven't tested it to be honest. And honestly i have no idea how you would test the case, most of the time the numbers for the aoe don't even appear for me when it gets cast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users