• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Any Interest in a 3rd Party Brokerage Service?

brokerage trading auction house service

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CyricBlackblade

CyricBlackblade

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hi all,
So I played Guild Wars 1, and made a good bit of spending cash from running Domain of Anguish speedrunning services I advertised on the old guildwarsguru.  Now I'm looking to do something similar in Guild Wars 2, but in this case it would be more of a brokerage-type service hopefully.

Here's the premise: the Auction House takes a 15% cut out of all purchases on it, and for high value trades this can become a rather hefty fee for selling your stuff.  In addition, it makes it relatively difficult to ensure that the items one person is selling go directly to a target buyer; either you must be in communication with the seller and grab the items the instant they put it up on the AH, or you must have a high degree of trust in the seller and do everything by mail.  What I'm envisioning now is more of a 3rd party brokerage, where the seller and buyer send their gold/items to me, and I make sure they end up in the right hands, while only taking out a 5% commission as opposed to the AH's 15% fee.  This lower transaction fee will allow sellers to get more gold for their items, while also reducing effective prices for buyers.

I know such a service needs both advertisement and a MASSIVE amount of trust in the 3rd party, so my question to you is two-part:
1) Is there any interest for a service like this?
2) What steps could I undertake that would make me reputable/trustworthy enough and you comfortable enough to use such a service?

Thank you for any insight you can offer!
-Cyric

#2 setsuna_sunrise

setsuna_sunrise

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Personally, I do not have an interest in such a service because it's nearly impossible to trust someone over the internet, regardless of how popular or trustworthy people say you are.

Case in point, the EVE investment heist: http://www.cracked.c...line-gaming_p2/

#3 Dokem

Dokem

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWH]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Guild leader of a known guild perhaps, with a lot of progression in the game. I won't trust a lvl 1 ranger called asdqwef.

And of course, the first client is the hardest one. SLowly you will gain reputation after that.

I don't really know if this is needed though. I rather pay the 15% fee and use the normal TP. I trade by mail with guildies and friends only.

#4 Scubazombeh

Scubazombeh

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

I've always thought of doing something like this as a business, so that I would only charge 1% of the transaction fee. Of course, you need to be a pretty reputable player.

Unfortunately there is really no way to do that right now. It's a different story if you are popular in the TF2 community.

#5 Cobalt60

Cobalt60

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Would much rather use the secure trading post and pay 10% more than go through a 3rd party.

#6 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

since you use the mail system for it, it's limited and it's based on trust, which is almost nonexistant in an MMO, reputation is hard to spread in a game like GW2

#7 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

The actual service, sure anything to help.

But as above; it'd be impossible to trust a 3rd party.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#8 DarkGanni

DarkGanni

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

As much as I'd want this I'm gonna have to go with the others, can't trust anyone with the mailing system and in this I don't blame you, but ANet. I won't go bother explaining in detail.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brokerage, trading, auction house, service

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users