• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EinarT

EinarT

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'm thinking about buying T3 sylvari armor sooner of later but I'm wondering what stats I should put on it. At the moment I've got a knight's armor set with soldier runes and valkyrie jewelry so I'm pretty balanced.

So now I'm wondering if it actually matters what armour I should get next as it seems focusing on either DPS(berserker) or 'Tank/healer'(Cleric) isn't a good option, but getting another balanced set seems like a waste of time...

The only thing I could think of was having a more tanky set of armor(knights with a lot of toughness which I've got now) and a more DPS-oriented set with more precision, but I've got no idea what armor and combination of runes(lyssa?)/jewelry I should use for this kind of setup, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

#2 Sovelin

Sovelin

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LIVE]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Try this out. I know I will when I hit 80. http://www.guildwars...er-w-great-dps/

#3 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1420 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Well generally speaking there is no right or wrong as far as specs go as it is all about personal preference.

That being said you don't want to specialize too much for any one thing.

That being said I wouldn't rule out clearic or berserker gear as long as it's just a few pieces as having them ready for a rainy day can make some types of fights easier.

As for builds/gear choices. if you want more damage I would go for mostly knight's gear & a few pieces of berserker gear & 30 points into the valor tree.

#4 EinarT

EinarT

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Yeah I'm using the Altruistic Healing build (0-10-30-30-0) already and it's pretty nice. But the 'problem' is that I already have Knight's gear and valkyrie/knight's jewelry. Knight's armor really seems to be the 'best' armor for guardians and the only one you really need...

The only thing I can think of is: Power/tough/vit armor with the Lyssa runes(precision) and berserker jewelry for the extra DPS. It seems like this setup would have some nice DPS with still keeping some decent survivability, or do you think it will be too squishy?

#5 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

You don't need to use Cleric Set to be a "Tank" or "Healer" (Please see "..." as these terms are very volatile in GW2).

You would be better off getting Power/Toughness/Vitality sets for your support or "tanking" builds as the Guardian's sources of healing a quite effective just by putting 30 Points in Honor, and getting Absolute Resolution from the Virtues line.

Power/Toughness/Vitality with Lyssa with Berserker's Jewerly isn't that squishy since you have that bonus Vitality from Armor. Use Berserker weapons too, and try 0/30/0/30/10  as your build.

Between getting Berserker's and Soldier's (Power/Toughness/Vitality) I think getting the second is better for Guardian just to answer the low HP pool of the profession.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users