128 replies to this topic

#121 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1761 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Spoiler
For me interesting is: Titan > Neverwinter > Rift > WOW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GW2.
Titan release is far in future(2015 maybe). Neverwinter is totally free game. Rift has sub, but maybe I could try Rift. Seems to me that both Neverwinter and Rift have very good PvE. GW2 has only good PvP. WOW is very good, but I have seen it all so I want to try some other game.

Of course I really do not know much about Titan, but it is done by Blizzard and has huge budget and is not rushed for early release. Titan is SCIFI for sure. Titan MAYBE(very unsure) has Cyberpunk theme also:
Spoiler

Edited by Kamatsu, 14 December 2012 - 10:57 PM.
This is not a music video discussion thread/forum

#122 Hika

Hika

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AvtG]

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

I will continue to play Guild Wars 2 for now..
Once Blade & Soul is in Open Beta I will give it a try, then ofcourse ArchAge once it is available

As far as "far-future releases" go.. I have high hopes for this game :)

Black Desert Online

I'm guessing a 2015 release, maybe 2014

http://steparu.com/p...-housing-system
[STEPARU]
"The housing system in this game is really interesting because there are a lot of things you can do in your house. For example, you can turn a part of your place into a store, smithing house, and etc. All of the houses in field, towns, and cities can be purchased by a player. Just as long as they win it through an Auction House bidding system. "
"Unfortunately, players will not be able to build houses whenever and wherever they want. According to their FB page players will be able to setup temporary tents out in the field but not be able to create their own houses. "
Posted Image

Steparu Interview with KimDaeil
"Q: In Black Desert Online is it possible for players to walk from one continent to the other without load time?
A: Black Desert has seamless world, so players can run around the world without loading."

More
Spoiler

http://steparu.com/l...-online-parkour

Edited by Hika, 14 December 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#123 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1468 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Ok people, lets get back to the topic of this thread. This thread is not the place to debate graphic level's, graphic styles, preferred music styles, etc. It's not a place to discuss Titan vs WoW vs GW2 or anything similar to that.

Edited by Kamatsu, 14 December 2012 - 11:02 PM.

Have a moderation related issue? Send me a PM

#124 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1761 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

Well I guess my music links were not on topic. I really would like to give link to a trailer of Titan MMO, but problem is none have been released. I also believe comparing games vs each other could lead to heated discussion so that why we should avoid that.

Graphics on the other hand seems odd not to discuss them? Well anyway I can post link to a Neverwinter MMO early E3 trailer:

and a newer trailer
The 'Chasm Adventure Zone Lore' video:

Neverwinter is released in 2013 and is totally free game. Usually totally free games uhm don't eh look so eh "professional" :zip: .

Edited by Kamatsu, 15 December 2012 - 12:44 PM.
Removed quote of deleted post

#125 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1761 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostHika, on 14 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

As far as "far-future releases" go.. I have high hopes for this game :)

Black Desert Online

I'm guessing a 2015 release, maybe 2014

http://steparu.com/p...-housing-system
[STEPARU]
"The housing system in this game is really interesting because there are a lot of things you can do in your house. For example, you can turn a part of your place into a store, smithing house, and etc. All of the houses in field, towns, and cities can be purchased by a player. Just as long as they win it through an Auction House bidding system. "
"Unfortunately, players will not be able to build houses whenever and wherever they want. According to their FB page players will be able to setup temporary tents out in the field but not be able to create their own houses. "
Posted Image

Steparu Interview with KimDaeil
"Q: In Black Desert Online is it possible for players to walk from one continent to the other without load time?
A: Black Desert has seamless world, so players can run around the world without loading."

More
Spoiler

http://steparu.com/l...-online-parkour
OMG! So typical Koreans make best uhm looking games. That video was amazing!

downside:
I am hardcore gamer, but the Korean guilds gives me the creeps. You know Korean MMO community. Imagine a high school, or students or university or workplace that are so hardcore they even get costumes for themselves in the real world.

Ah on the other hand I have played 40-60 hours/week WOW so I think I can adjust. That said Korean guilds can be really big and I rather play 20 hours/week. My main concern regarding Korean MMO:s is that:
A. European and American servers separate from Korean servers please.
B. That servers are better protected from hackers.
WOW accounts can be hacked. However Blizzard made a 100 % fail proof protection. An USB stick and then you remember password in head and don't save it on your computer at least. !00 % protected from hackers in Internet and the USB stick is cheap, but must be ordered ONLINE and paid in Blizzard store.

Anyway thanks Hika. If Titan will not fullfill my expectations of a dream game yeah then I could check Black Desert Online! I love the fact it has Raids!

Edited by Stargate, 30 December 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#126 fathamburger

fathamburger

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EMP]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

We've all gone very far away from the original MMO ideal which was supposed to be the living breathing world an the "thrill" of being able to play with people from all over the world (which we now take for granted). This was before the days of "endgame" and "rush to level cap" lol replacing all that. No one has really made any MMO's where it took 6 months just to discover what was out there in the world (in-game map ruins the mystique) and hearing tales of far off continents and dungeons, strange races etc that you wouldn't ever see in quite awhile. Yes I'm reminiscing about Everquest here. That game didn't have waypoints and asura gates so when you actually saw someone from another race from the other side of the world who has to physically make that trip braving all the dangers along the way, stuff way higher level, not get killed and have to run all the way back just to loot it was a big deal.

Anyway as for my post-GW2 game, I've started TSW and had a horrible 1st day experience (major comedown from how polished GW2 is by comparison) but second day was much better. I'll write up a review later for gamefaqs when I have time + a bit more experience with it. TSW's combat is absolutely horrible though. 0/10. Seriously. Good thing there's more to the game than just the combat.

For all the griping about no endgame, GW2 won't last etc we should be grateful for the casual design and this newer trend though. I'm also in the position where this may have to be my last "serious" game but you know what.. this also means that with less time, someone can still have at least one 80 instead of multipel geared ones and be able to keep up with the game, new content, expansions etc. It's better than having to give up the genre entirely. A lot of people still post with the attitude that MMO's are supposed to replace your real life, or at least your spare time aka "I'm bored already" and that's really the problem. All these people will need some time/several games to eventually 'detox' from the WoW mentality.

#127 Milennin

Milennin

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3670 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TB]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

View Postfathamburger, on 30 December 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

We've all gone very far away from the original MMO ideal which was supposed to be the living breathing world an the "thrill" of being able to play with people from all over the world (which we now take for granted). This was before the days of "endgame" and "rush to level cap" lol replacing all that. No one has really made any MMO's where it took 6 months just to discover what was out there in the world (in-game map ruins the mystique) and hearing tales of far off continents and dungeons, strange races etc that you wouldn't ever see in quite awhile. Yes I'm reminiscing about Everquest here. That game didn't have waypoints and asura gates so when you actually saw someone from another race from the other side of the world who has to physically make that trip braving all the dangers along the way, stuff way higher level, not get killed and have to run all the way back just to loot it was a big deal.

I never even played that game (Everquest), but I still hope for a game like that. MMO's are made as virtual themeparks instead of virtual worlds. People only wanna beat the crap out of a horde of monsters to finish a quest or save a village, loot rare stuff or shout at each other in dungeons for not healing their butt.
Before I even played any MMO I watched .hack//SIGN, which was about a virtual world with tons of mystery in it. Where players were in search for legendary places and items, stuff that no one else had seen before. It was about player-interaction, friendship, contacts. That's what got me interested in playing an MMO. Unfortunately it's not how the real games are like. :(

#128 radamant011

radamant011

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Resubbed to EVE online yesterday.. Will chill a bit with gw2.

#129 Grimful

Grimful

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Well I did have a long type up, but then it all got deleted.

Probably SWTOR for the time being, been playing WoW since 2004 and I need something new (it can still be familiar, but it can't still be Azeroth)

Rift I want to like, but I can't get into the Macro system nor do the quests interest me. I want either a reason to care for my story (SWTOR's Class Quests) or an open world where I can simply do my own thing (Wakfu, Eve Online, Ultima Online).

Wakfu is a game I've always wanted to like, but players are just so poorly introduced to the game and it seems to be so close to death I can't get into it well.

Eve Online is another example of a game I want to go into, but never have. I love the open nature of it, the skill training and the player-driven conflicts, but the game play leaves me bored after a while. I'm sure it becomes "intense" in high end huge player conflicts, but I want a game that's fun all the time, not just "Raid night" (Just using it as an expression).

The Secret World: I was waiting until this game went Free-To-Play (assumed it would the second I saw it had a sub and a cash shop) and now that it's free to buy I'm contemplating it, I like the story and the puzzle aspect, but I never really got the chance to try it out, so it's up in the air.

League of Legends: Played this game to death, loved almost every minute of it but it's suffering the same reasons WoW and TF2 did, after a while it just gets stale. I'm not talking about the game itself so much as I am myself. I can only play one game so long before I want something new and considering most of my friends have dropped LoL I don't see as much reason to jump in anymore. (also: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

Final Fantasy 14: I want this game to be good. I originally really liked Final Fantasy 11, but at this point it's so outdated and clunky it's not really worth the hassle (and I do mean hassle) of trying to re-sub. Yeah, the original FF 14 wasn't good, but I'm hoping they learned from their mistakes this time. If this game is good I'll almost certainly be here.

Spiral Knights: A game that enamored itself to me far more than I thought it would, I originally just played for the TF2 hat. Spiral Knights suffers from a somewhat repetitive game play (which all mmos suffer from tbh) and it has a slightly obnoxious community of younger people due to it's aesthetics, but overall it's a fun little romp underground that in some ways makes me think of Zelda Jr. Online.
Could it be better? Yeah, but it's got so many good ideas (most of which are stolen, like the bomberman multiplayer), that I don't really care. This has been my secondary MMO for a while and will probably remain so.

So, that's that. I'll probably go back to SWTOR for a month to relive the SWTOR itch, then pray that Final Fantasy 14 is released soon and then play some Spiral Knights. Hooray.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users