Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Temple of Balthazar clear: Gandara 25th of Nov.


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 greyf0x

greyf0x

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

The brave souls of DVDF and their friends will today be attempting to liberate the Temple of Balthazar from the clutches of the Risen. If you're on Gandara(EU) and need access to the Karma vendor for Obsidian Shards or Armor, we'd love to have you by our side.

Place: Gandara (EU)
Date: Sunday 25th of November
Time: 4PM GMT (approximately 4 hours 15 mins from the time this was posted)

If you need any more info, or would like to form parties, whisper "Grey" in game :)

#2 greyf0x

greyf0x

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Thanks to all those who turned up and helped us successfully liberate the temple! Big shout out to the guys from Eden, who helped organise a second strike force :)

Posted Image

Edited by greyf0x, 25 November 2012 - 05:54 PM.


#3 Milennin

Milennin

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3670 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Guild Tag:[TB]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

How did you unbug the escort event? I went there yesterday and the southern escort mission was stuck and wouldn't progress.=s (which was also on Gandara, but before you guys must have done it)

Edited by Milennin, 26 November 2012 - 08:48 AM.


#4 greyf0x

greyf0x

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

View PostMilennin, on 26 November 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

How did you unbug the escort event? I went there yesterday and the southern escort mission was stuck and wouldn't progress.=s (which was also on Gandara, but before you guys must have done it)

We killed off the bugged Southern group by dragging the giant to them letting them all die. We planned to then restart their chain, but by this point the Northern and Central groups had already rallied and the event continued without the Southern group.

You don't actually need all 3 groups (in fact I think you can do it with only one group), however the less NPCs you have, the harder it will be to keep their morale up.

#5 Coyote

Coyote

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

View Postgreyf0x, on 26 November 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

You don't actually need all 3 groups (in fact I think you can do it with only one group), however the less NPCs you have, the harder it will be to keep their morale up.

Which raises the question of how to trigger the event if you do have some of the groups and the one or two is bugged. Is there a way to do so, or will the event just get tired of waiting and go?

I had been putting off trying to get something going because I was under the assumption you needed all 3 and every time I looked in the area one would be bugged, or not spawning.

#6 Gwydi0n

Gwydi0n

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 7 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Nice to see these things going on on my Server.

I am currently still lvling my first charracter to lvl 80, but am looking forward to take part in these events when I reach the lvl cap.

Any tips for a player on Gandara?

- Guild sites to check?
- Guilds to check?
- Wiki/forum for the server?
- ...

#7 greyf0x

greyf0x

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostGwydi0n, on 27 November 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

Nice to see these things going on on my Server.

I am currently still lvling my first charracter to lvl 80, but am looking forward to take part in these events when I reach the lvl cap.

Any tips for a player on Gandara?

- Guild sites to check?
- Guilds to check?
- Wiki/forum for the server?
- ...

This link might be relevant to your interests Gwydi0n ;)

http://www.gw2guilds...ilds/eu/gandara

I know that [DVDF] has plans for many different types of events, and we hope to make many of the accessible to lower level players, not just those with maxed out characters.

View PostCoyote, on 26 November 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

Which raises the question of how to trigger the event if you do have some of the groups and the one or two is bugged. Is there a way to do so, or will the event just get tired of waiting and go?

I had been putting off trying to get something going because I was under the assumption you needed all 3 and every time I looked in the area one would be bugged, or not spawning.

I only have limited experience myself, but I believe that if you have some of the reinforcements already at the rally point, and can reset/wipe the bugged ones, the event meta will continue using only the ones already rallied. If someone has more experience of the specific details, I'd love to hear more.

Edited by greyf0x, 27 November 2012 - 09:25 AM.


#8 Gwydi0n

Gwydi0n

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 7 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Tnx for the site, will browse trough it a bit and check out some guilds.

Any guilds you know/would recommend for a semi-casual PvE - WvW player on Gandara?

#9 greyf0x

greyf0x

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostGwydi0n, on 27 November 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Tnx for the site, will browse trough it a bit and check out some guilds.

Any guilds you know/would recommend for a semi-casual PvE - WvW player on Gandara?

Of course I'm biased, but DVDF are a fun bunch of people. Our website has all the info on how you can apply, if that's something you're interested in. :D

#10 mozie

mozie

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

How did I miss this?.. -.-

#11 P4ndora

P4ndora

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Are you guys on Gandara still clearing Balthazar once in a while? :) I'm planning on moving servers as mine dropped in population pretty much and being able to buy shards would be a nice bonus as I'm getting close to ~1m karma. Also, may I ask how are dungeons (the old ones) there? Is it easy to get into one? Also, how many people doing events in Orr? Yesterday I couldn't find any dungeon party and we even failed to clear Grenth which is pretty disappointing as we could always do it in the past... so I decided to move to a better PvE server but I'm still not sure where should I go :P (sorry for being a little OT)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users