• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BreadBuddy

BreadBuddy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

-How much average does each craft profession cost to get from 1-400?
-How many craft profs will it take to get to lvl 60?

#2 turbo234

turbo234

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

It costed me about 5-6gold for each of the 6 I've gotten to 400 so far. Probably 5 or 6 as each one maxed generally gets you about 10 levels.

#3 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

using mainly discover methods (with the exception of artificer), cooking can be done for 1.5-2g, artificer can be done for 2-3g the way I do it.  Armor crafts are usually around 5-6g, maybe a bit more.  Weapon crafts are closer to 10 due to requiring more ore and wood than any other craft.  Jewelry has a larger up front cost, but you can make most of it back by the end as it is the closest thing to a "profitable" craft (none of them are unless you are personally farming up all mats and not buying anything from the TP).

Generally if I'm craft-leveling a character through leveling (have done for most of my alts), I do chef, artificer, jewelry, and some of the armor crafts, and end up spending 10-15g overall just on the crafting, depending on how many mats I had saved up at the time of the leveling.  Using a crafting booster helps save time and mats, and if you wait until later in the week you will have the most bonuses from WvW to help out even more.  If you decided to do 6 crafts, you can get this done with 2-3 crafting boosters and be done in 2.5-3 hours if you are really focused on it.

Getting any craft to 400 will give you 10 levels, so 6 overall crafts will get you 60 levels.  Generally when I start an alt I play the first 20-30 levels as I love the starter zones and the beginning of the personal story, and craft the rest of the way.  The PS sucks once you choose an order imo, and some of the zones after the 15-25 ones are just ridiculous in size (Lornar's Pass is such a huge zone it takes me a few days to finish it with my available play time).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users