• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aventurian

Aventurian

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

I recall in many social network updates RB and others said they play GW2 themselves, as in: they actually live and breathe the concepts of MMOs so much that they try to spend as much time as possible in-game to experience first-hand if it all works out. The larger paradigm was explained as: they play the actual game instead of relying on theories and number crunching of statistics.

I also recall that in the BWEs one could often encounter ArenaNet staffers playing (tagged with the company logo next to the character name).

So I'm wondering: Has anyone seen any ArenaNet employee playing? Do they play on the regular server at all? Or "disguised"?

I'm pointing to a larger question: These days where does their impression how GW2 is doing come from, is it still from playing the game, or spreadsheets?

#2 Green

Green

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

They have the ability to turn on and off their Anet tag, much like how we can represent various guilds. The remainder of your questions, well, who's to say?

#3 ScorpioSpork

ScorpioSpork

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FoW]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

View PostAventurian, on 26 November 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

These days where does their impression how GW2 is doing come from, is it still from playing the game, or spreadsheets?
I'm assuming you're really asking whether or not their impression of the game is accurate.

I think they heard people complaining about a lack of end game, and so they introduced Fractals and Ascended gear.

They heard people complain about the Black Lion Chest drops during Halloween, so they allowed new skins to drop during the event and sold a temporary and more direct way of obtaining the new skins in the Gem store.

Not so long ago they adjusted the rate at which you gain dungeon tokens because of all the complaints.

I think they're listening, and they're trying, regardless of whether they're playing or not. And we'll see what they have to say during the next AMA.

#4 Afyael

Afyael

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

I saw a dev in a SPvP game on November 14th, the day before the patch. I even revived him... had I known more about the update...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users