14 replies to this topic

#1 Granfala

Granfala

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

First off, huge thanks to Xsorus, JROH, and Danthin for their information/videos.

Second....I created the video in about 10 minutes, as I was in a hurry.  Please don't torture me with toothpicks.

Third....This video was made of clips from yesterdays play time.  It was my first day out with the spec and just after gearing up.  As said in the Youtube comments, I fat-fingered a TON of abilities and in a lot of instances didn't use abilities at all that I should have.  Give it a month, and things will be better play-wise.

I swapped up some things set-up wise, keeping warhorn.

All armor pieces are Reyna, transmuted.  Still working out some Accessory kinks (wanting Shaman's neck/rings).

Edited by Granfala, 27 November 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#2 Xsorus

Xsorus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

hehe you made same mistake I did when I first uploaded my video.

on youtube, if it asks you to fix the shaky camera or whatever, say no...otherwise it does what you're seeing in your video.

#3 Faeydus

Faeydus

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Nice vid Gran - good job on a new setup !

I have been in SPvP getting used to dropping the axe/torch goodies on them then switching to sword/dagger (Xsorus style)... then back again later if needed etc Seems to load a lot more total condi goodies on them (annoying sword style notwithstanding).

I may even run out with the Balt dogs in WvW to make things really chaotic for the other guy.

#4 Granfala

Granfala

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostXsorus, on 27 November 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

hehe you made same mistake I did when I first uploaded my video.

on youtube, if it asks you to fix the shaky camera or whatever, say no...otherwise it does what you're seeing in your video.

Holy crap!  I didn't even see that until just now!  UGH!  Guess I'll re-upload.  Thanks for pointing it out!

View PostFaeydus, on 27 November 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Nice vid Gran - good job on a new setup !

I have been in SPvP getting used to dropping the axe/torch goodies on them then switching to sword/dagger (Xsorus style)... then back again later if needed etc Seems to load a lot more total condi goodies on them (annoying sword style notwithstanding).

I may even run out with the Balt dogs in WvW to make things really chaotic for the other guy.

Thanks!  Balt dogs....hrm, I may just give that a whirl.  Thieves use Thieves Guild, which seems to bring a ton of havoc...seems this would be along the same lines.

#5 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

The video has been removed!

#6 Granfala

Granfala

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

View Postjeddahwe, on 27 November 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

The video has been removed!

Re-uploaded due to the "fix shaky camera" thing!

Ready to go again!

Edited by Granfala, 27 November 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#7 Roland Der Meister

Roland Der Meister

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Finaly a Skilled Ranger PvP vid instead of another thread complaining about the dmg they do you can get a full set of shaman prefixed armor from CM if you interested and i think ther are asccended accessory's that come with the prefix also

#8 Hannibal

Hannibal

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

Awesome video bro.

Would you mind sharing which traits you use and which sigils/runes? I am interested in trying this out for my self.

#9 Granfala

Granfala

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostRoland Der Meister, on 27 November 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

Finaly a Skilled Ranger PvP vid instead of another thread complaining about the dmg they do you can get a full set of shaman prefixed armor from CM if you interested and i think ther are asccended accessory's that come with the prefix also

Thanks man.  As for the armor and ascended items, I am not a fan of dungeons so both are not something I could see myself striving for.

I am, however, rethinking my armor orbs.  After doing some research, it appears I would be better off with 2 krait, 2 Lyssa, and 2 afflicted runes for duration on conditions.  Would lose some HP....and god how I love being over 25k hp, but i believe the runes will help with micromanaging bleeds etc.

View PostHannibal, on 28 November 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

Awesome video bro.

Would you mind sharing which traits you use and which sigils/runes? I am interested in trying this out for my self.

Thanks!

Here's a link to the build.  I have started using Hounds of Balthazar as my Elite.
http://gw2skills.net... /ege23eXhRNgC

Right now I just have Chrysocola Orbs on all armor pieces, and as mentioned above, thinking about swapping them out.  On weapons I have Superior Sigil of Corruption for increased condition damage (thinking of swapping these out as well), and on offhand weapons I have Superior Sigils of Geomancy for the bleeds.

Edited by Granfala, 28 November 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#10 Hannibal

Hannibal

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostGranfala, on 28 November 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

Thanks!

Here's a link to the build.  I have started using Hounds of Balthazar as my Elite.
http://gw2skills.net... /ege23eXhRNgC

Right now I just have Chrysocola Orbs on all armor pieces, and as mentioned above, thinking about swapping them out.  On weapons I have Superior Sigil of Corruption for increased condition damage (thinking of swapping these out as well), and on offhand weapons I have Superior Sigils of Geomancy for the bleeds.

Cheers man, I will try it out once I save up the G's to get the gear. Should only take a few days.

Are all the weapons Healing/Vit/Cond or a mix? I was thinking the Vit/Power/Cond weapons and Vit/Healing/Cond or Power offhands

#11 Granfala

Granfala

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostHannibal, on 28 November 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

Cheers man, I will try it out once I save up the G's to get the gear. Should only take a few days.

Are all the weapons Healing/Vit/Cond or a mix? I was thinking the Vit/Power/Cond weapons and Vit/Healing/Cond or Power offhands

Yep.  On mainhand's I have:
64 Power
64 Vitality
90 Condition Damage

On offhand's I have:
90 Vitality
64 Healing Power
64 Condition Damage

To add to my previous query about krait/afflicted/lyssa runes, from my observations last night, I would highly recommend AGAINST using the runes.  It may work for Thieves (having stealth to reset, get away, etc) but for a Ranger, time is not our friend.  The runes provide a good improvement of DPS over time, which a Ranger just can't afford.  We need them to hit hard, and hit fast.  I'm sticking with my Chrysocola orbs.

#12 Hannibal

Hannibal

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Cheers man I look forward to trying it out.

#13 ScorpioSpork

ScorpioSpork

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FoW]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Nice video, and thanks for detailing your build. :)

But I was wondering, why Shaman's? Would Apothecary's with Runes of the Undead work just as well? I would think that stacking toughness instead of vitality would increase the effectiveness of all that healing power you have.

#14 Granfala

Granfala

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostScorpioSpork, on 02 December 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

Nice video, and thanks for detailing your build. :)

But I was wondering, why Shaman's? Would Apothecary's with Runes of the Undead work just as well? I would think that stacking toughness instead of vitality would increase the effectiveness of all that healing power you have.

Thanks for the compliment.  I never thought of Apothecary and Runes of the Undead.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I may just have to try that out.  Would be losing a decent amount of HP coming from the Chrysocola orbs, so it may be even in the long run.  Thanks for the idea!

Edited by Granfala, 03 December 2012 - 01:51 AM.

#15 ScorpioSpork

ScorpioSpork

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FoW]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

View PostGranfala, on 03 December 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

Thanks for the compliment.  I never thought of Apothecary and Runes of the Undead.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I may just have to try that out.  Would be losing a decent amount of HP coming from the Chrysocola orbs, so it may be even in the long run.  Thanks for the idea!

Well, I thought I saw that Xsorus uses Apothecary's. I'm not sure which runes he uses, but Runes of the Undead seems like a natural fit.

If you try it out, let me know what you think! I'm about to start gearing up my Ranger alt in exotics, and I still don't know what I should grab. I was really impressed with Xsorus' videos, but I'm afraid I gimped myself by picking a Charr. I'm using a condition trap build right now, but I feel like I can't take that into WvW.

Edited by ScorpioSpork, 03 December 2012 - 05:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users