• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

No idea where to start here! lol. Help! (WvWvW)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 teflondon75

teflondon75

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

GW is the first game in a LONG time that I did not start pvp from day one. I have three 80's now and have not stepped foot inside WvWvW. I see tons of question threads and such so I'm SURE I'm missing the perfect post already lol. Sorry if so! The class I'm looking to really get into with is my warrior and currently I'm using This Build for everything PvE(unless more support needed....rarely atm) I love axe/mace + LB so I'm looking to stay that way. Can anyone give any advice on something that stays even remotely similar to this build/weapon sets that I can get started with?

If one knows Nothing about WvW where should one start? I do not even know where to start, this borderland, that one, eternal battlegrounds etc. LOL, it seems fairly daunting to be honest knowing that I have NO idea where to head first, what might be expected of me as a warrior, etc etc. Anyhow, would love any advice or a post link if this has already been covered! Thank you muchly!

#2 Antithesis

Antithesis

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Do you want to melee or primarily use the bow?

#3 teflondon75

teflondon75

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostAntithesis, on 26 November 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Do you want to melee or primarily use the bow?

I love both, either or really. I use both constantly in PvE with the quick swap trait so I'm back and forth Very often. I guess more axe/mace oriented with the LB as back up though or when the situation requires ranged etc.

#4 Antithesis

Antithesis

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

The build editor ony tells so much so I will base comments on that.

For a melee warrior the build looks to be a bit fragile. No toughness or defense is a bad combo. Everyone in WvW now are true 80's running exotic weapons/gear. Not sure it will hold up.

Crit is also very low so it will be difficult to defeat anyone by yourself. Health is also kinda low for a warrior.

For melee I would reccommend Knights armor with beryl or ruby jewels/orbs. This would give more survivability with increased toughness and higher crit chance.

For skills I think I would change healing signet. It wont give you enough healing fast enough. I also dont think banners are going to be useful most of the time. Zerg fights are quick and all over the place. I might trade that for another offensive skill wth quicker CD. Fury or Bulls Rush?

I play melee and run 0/0/30/20/20. Main Axe/Shield. IMO you need good health (23k+), counter immobilize, and enough speed to get out of the fight quickly. Additionally shield offers offense and defense.

Maybe just hop in and play a little first. Might decide you want to go another style or we can help fine tune this one.

Edited by Antithesis, 26 November 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#5 teflondon75

teflondon75

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostAntithesis, on 26 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

The build editor ony tells so much so I will base comments on that.

For a melee warrior the build looks to be a bit fragile. No toughness or defense is a bad combo. Everyone in WvW now are true 80's running exotic weapons/gear. Not sure it will hold up.

Crit is also very low so it will be difficult to defeat anyone by yourself. Health is also kinda low for a warrior. I'm using half berserker half knights gear as is so making another 3 pieces of knights for now will be easy. The crit is definitely low for a pvp build. In PvE where you die rarely fully buffed with fury, superior sigil of perception and accuracy the crit goes over 90%. Definitely to low base though with how often I'd likely die and lose my precision stacks :D Thanks for the tips, I'll look at getting some knights made and just jumping in.

For melee I would reccommend Knights armor with beryl or ruby jewels/orbs. This would give more survivability with increased toughness and higher crit chance.

For skills I think I would change healing signet. It wont give you enough healing fast enough. I also dont think banners are going to be useful most of the time. Zerg fights are quick and all over the place. I might trade that for another offensive skill wth quicker CD. Fury or Bulls Rush?

I play melee and run 0/0/30/20/20. Main Axe/Shield. IMO you need good health (23k+), counter immobilize, and enough speed to get out of the fight quickly. Additionally shield offers offense and defense.

Maybe just hop in and play a little first. Might decide you want to go another style or we can help fine tune this one.

ohh yes, I would not run that same build in PvP :) Was just listing the PvE build I'm currently running haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users