• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Sanny_

Sanny_

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

First gw2 vid. i tried to keep the sub 80’s out as much as possible.

i run gs/rifle

specs used in the video
20/20/0/0/30 – http://www.guildhead...FnmGG9MxVsVkcak
20/0/30/0/20 – http://www.guildhead...FnmG0x0GVsMRbca
0/0/0/0/0

im fully geared in glass cannon exotics and run divinity as my rune set.

reason why i deleted my ranger was due to the fact i like playing high ST burst rdps, the ranger just doesn’t offer it. warhammer i played a sorc, rift i was a mage, swtor i rocked a commando ect.. this is also the first mmo where im playing a primarily mdps as a main.

ranger was 350+h before deleted
warrior is currently 460+
total /age is over 960h

comment/like/sub/! and enjoy the vid.

Edited by Sanny_, 26 November 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#2 CondasEgera

CondasEgera

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

If anyone want a summary of the video, he runs into people in WvW that take the place of tasty snacks in about 2 seconds. Often in groups as they sacrifice themselves to Khorne.

Seriously though that build looks equally as fun to play as it is to watch. I'm stuck between buying full berserker or knights after finishing my legendary in the next month or two... This has grabbed my attention, lol

#3 Puandro

Puandro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

I liked the video a lot, this is why I don't run glass cannon builds on my ele, i like eating the burst then killing them.

#4 frettr00

frettr00

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

That looks like a fun roaming build.

#5 epiqz

epiqz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Good stuff.

How do the play styles differ when you're playing the glass cannon vs the defensive build?

#6 Mursie

Mursie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

lmao.. are those idiots really dying to you naked..without traits specced... UNINSTALL!!!

#7 Xathor

Xathor

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

i highly enjoyed this :)

#8 skooterodin

skooterodin

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

:( shelved ranger here moving my current 60 ranger opps I mean warrior up the ladder. Night and day difference comming from rangers pitiful damage. Pets suppost to be a vital threat but I think you got hit by their pets in vids maybe three times while you contanly hit for the beat down with way more hp and armor than the poor old rangers. Sad I really had high hopes for my ranger. I still dont think I could hit delete on him tho, They have to fix the class at some point. Plz mr santa clause

#9 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

lol awesome vid, amazing amounts of damage you got there, I tried the glass cannon thing once, found it fun, but was never comfortable without at least some defense

#10 Siroso

Siroso

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PiNK]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

Golly, you would have been so annoyed if you deleted your ranger, then found that fraps wasn't running...

#11 Anzuri

Anzuri

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Awesome video I haven't picked up a rifle for wvw on my warrior since bwes but loved the way you utilised it with the flexibility and manoeuvrability of the gs

#12 Sanny_

Sanny_

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for the comments guy, im working on a second, sry i have neglected to post on these forums.

View Postepiqz, on 30 November 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Good stuff.

How do the play styles differ when you're playing the glass cannon vs the defensive build?

the play styles don't differ to much, you have to be more aware when your vollying if you are fighting multiple people or against rangers/necros so their pets don't take the dmg for them. you also will be more durable in 1vX situations.

View PostSiroso, on 08 December 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Golly, you would have been so annoyed if you deleted your ranger, then found that fraps wasn't running...

yeah lmao, i did so many takes of it and not going though with the full delete option just for that reason, untill i was 100% sure it was running and even its always in your mind i hope it fraps'd

View PostAnzuri, on 10 December 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

Awesome video I haven't picked up a rifle for wvw on my warrior since bwes but loved the way you utilised it with the flexibility and manoeuvrability of the gs

thx, and i think alot of warrior underestimate how strong the rifle can be other then just to line up a KS, volly,snare and the KB are solid to open a fight with, as your closing the gap into melee range, and even if i don't get into melee range i have  rifle'd many people down.  usually frenzy+volly will make someone burn either a heal, 2 d/r's or a defencive cd. before the fight really starts.

#13 Ailie

Ailie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Could you tell me the gear you're wearing? I guess it's full berseker since you said you're glass cannon geared, but I would like to know it for sure :)

#14 Sanny_

Sanny_

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostAilie, on 11 December 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Could you tell me the gear you're wearing? I guess it's full berseker since you said you're glass cannon geared, but I would like to know it for sure :)

yeah its full berserker i just transmuted my skins and im slotted with divinity runes. accessories/rings are zerker with exquisite ruby jewels

#15 Ernest1337

Ernest1337

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

brilliant vid mate, question ere, when do you use your hundred blades since you don't have bolas or bull's charge to set it up?

edit : what sigils are you running?

Edited by Ernest1337, 13 December 2012 - 04:31 AM.

#16 Sanny_

Sanny_

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostErnest1337, on 13 December 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

brilliant vid mate, question ere, when do you use your hundred blades since you don't have bolas or bull's charge to set it up?

edit : what sigils are you running?

i really don't 100b to often,  its situational for me to use it. reason why i don't bolas or bc is its to predictable imo, in a 1v1 that is, in group fights its fairly easy to land, sigils im using are hydromancy in my gs and blood lust on my rifle.

#17 Ailie

Ailie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostSanny_, on 13 December 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

i really don't 100b to often,  its situational for me to use it. reason why i don't bolas or bc is its to predictable imo, in a 1v1 that is, in group fights its fairly easy to land, sigils im using are hydromancy in my gs and blood lust on my rifle.

Weapons are solider's or also berseker like armor?

#18 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

What is your experience when you go up against a bunker?

#19 Ernest1337

Ernest1337

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostSanny_, on 13 December 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

What about food and would you run your character differently if you were a part of a zerg? if yes, how? sry for the many questions, still in the learning process for WvW =P

#20 Korra

Korra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1415 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Nerf backstap please,

#21 skooterodin

skooterodin

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

not the backstab as much as removing the ability to stack stealth with pistol heartsekers, or blindpowder/and clusterbomb. The game intented for 3-4 secs of stealth not 9-12

#22 Sanny_

Sanny_

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostAilie, on 14 December 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

Weapons are solider's or also berseker like armor?

weapons are power/precision/crit dmg

View Postjeddahwe, on 14 December 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

What is your experience when you go up against a bunker?

its a longer fight against a bunker,  harder to if they are good, you have to capitalize on their mistakes, its a much closer fight if they can recover from my opening, but i will manage to kill them, i have lost to a few but it happens, its not like spvp when they will always have team support come in a few seconds, most of the time, they just keep running and get away, but when they commit to a fight you usually have enough constant dps to kill them before they slowly take you down.

View PostErnest1337, on 14 December 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

What about food and would you run your character differently if you were a part of a zerg? if yes, how? sry for the many questions, still in the learning process for WvW =P

for food i use bowls of curry butternut squash, and the master maintenance oil, it depends what you want to do in the zerg, i personally don't run in the zerg that much. i prefer small man/solo but i occasionally do zerg surf and i stay my normal spec's. if you want to dps its fine, just chill mid/backlines and kill the overextenders/front squishes.  but if you want to be in the front  line i'd suggest, bringing a shield and specing into toughness, possibly a hammer also, i hear there good when spec'd properly when you running zerg. can drop some good CC, but i don't have a lot of experience with that,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users