Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 4 votes

AMA Post-Mortem Discussion, What You Got Out of It


  • Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#91 Resolve

Resolve

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostJason Seven, on 27 November 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

He even called GW1 not fun and stagnant! Hilarious.

That's truly hilarious.

It's been obvious for awhile that Anet are heading in a bad direction but this AMA should be proof to those people who are still clinging to hope. It's sad to think the game is in this state just a few months after release.

#92 Corvindi

Corvindi

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1290 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostRhydian, on 27 November 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

Well I got my refund today I don't feel robbed anymore. But the statement that they never said there would be no progression should be a bright red flag to anyone still on the fence. All they are doing is trying to reverse engineer the carrot, they want to continue to add gear progression but as long as they call it something else or say they don't want the carrot the GW2 original fanbase will linger around until they get screwed over so many times and get used to chasing the carrot that they invest too much time and real money to quit. That is the master plan.
I think they really WANT to put more progression in the game, but sort of got more backlash than they wanted so I suspect a slow injection style of gear progression so they can continually lie about their actually being gear progression, so by the time the next expansion is ready they will have another 3 or 4 tiers of gear with a disgruntled player base that is on an injection drip.


The game has no sub and I enjoy my alts and wandering around in the open world, so I'm sticking around, but I agree with your assessment.  They'll trickle out a piece at a time over many months, and at the end they'll probably wait a month, or at most two, and then start trickling out new stats in some form or other and they'll claim it's not a gear treadmill because Ascended was released way back in Nov 2012, and hey look, it's Aug 2013 now, so what's the problem?  That won't make it not a treadmill, though.

For me it's just a matter of waiting to see if they cut the grind and offer more ways to get that gear.  If they do both of those things, it won't bother me a bit.  If they don't, well, I will have gotten many months out of the game for the price of the box and $40 worth of character slots and bank space that I didn't even have to buy.

#93 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

View Poststefanplc, on 27 November 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

I think you miss-read a little bit. The game didn't change that much. They intended for this new tier of gear to be present from launch and all it does is adds another level between exotics and legendaries. There won't be a new tier of gear at least during the next year or so, just more skins for each. The vertical progression is the same as it has been so far, there is no gear treadmill.

Actually, Ascended was dreamed up post-launch.  What they wax on about is wishining it had been in at launch so they could avoid a majority of this snafu.  Otherwise Legendaries would have had the higher values.  Ascended is clearly an afterthought,
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#94 Tiglatpilesar

Tiglatpilesar

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

For me a game was grindy from a start, with tons of uncessaery vertical progression and gated content. It suprised me a lot but given GW1 and Anet manifesto but that's good they confirmed that they are keen on vertical progression and even more gated content. Grinf for those who love it and gem shop for the rest, they've got my money already but i won't be giving them any more. Seriously though i can't belive GW2 can share the same longevity as unfun and stagnant GW1.

#95 Zhahz

Zhahz

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 643 posts
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

What I got out of that AMA was that ANet is completely full of crap.

#96 funkybudda

funkybudda

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 130 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

what I got out of it is that Anet is telling the players that they screwed them, and they will screw them some more. Either get used to it or leave.

#97 DuskWolf

DuskWolf

    Seraph Guardian

  • Banned
  • 1876 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Welp, if this thread illuminates anything, it's that their fetishistic dedication to vertical progression almost proves that something changed at ArenaNet. Possibly something at Nexon. The only recourse is to avoid future NCsoft titles like the plague, no matter whom the developer is. For this reason I'll also be staying far, far, far away from WildStar, Blade & Soul, and anything they announce in the future.

Mike O'Brien is an utter charlatan with his statement that vertical progression is necessary, there are loads of fun single-player games out there that don't even throw a passing thought the way of it. To me, vertical progression is what you do when you're unable to make a good, fun, interesting game, or perhaps when you're too lazy and/or cheap to. I think the vast majority of us can agree on this point by now, I think the illusion is all but lifted.

Well, I'm having fun with Champions Online, which does have a power plateau (even diminishing returns to enforce it), and Mass Effect 3's multi-player. Both of those have been a blast. I'm sure there'll be other good games out there as well for those of us who aren't weak-willed enough to accept vertical progression as the be-all-and-end-all. You're welcome to join me as we explore them. And hopefully, moving forward, there are developers who're watching this very closely. And noticing that there's a massive market for fans of horizontal progression, a massive market which is under-served, a market which they could profit from if they build their game right.

Guld Wars 2 was supposed to be that game, but GW2 is nothing but a lie and a joke. So yes, I hope there are developers watching this with rapt interest.

#98 Var

Var

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1313 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostDuskWolf, on 27 November 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Welp, if this thread illuminates anything, it's that their fetishistic dedication to vertical progression almost proves that something changed at ArenaNet. Possibly something at Nexon.

Nexon acquires NcSoft interests: June 8, 2012
Vertical Progression in an ArenaNet product: August 31st, 2007

We're only off by almost 5 years.

... Just stop already.

The ArenaNet you so jovially recall has been gone for a long, long time.

Edited by Var, 27 November 2012 - 06:42 PM.


#99 Karghoul

Karghoul

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostIllein, on 27 November 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Just for the record - I think people who claim refunds 3 months after playing the shit out of a game should be disallowed to vote for a political party, reproduce and attaining a driver's license.

As Duffy Duck would put it:

Posted Image
800+ hours played, got a FULL refund.
Just FYI ;)

#100 Illein

Illein

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostKarghoul, on 27 November 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

800+ hours played, got a FULL refund.
Just FYI ;)

Must be mighty proud. :rolleyes:

Edited by Illein, 27 November 2012 - 06:54 PM.


#101 n00854180t

n00854180t

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostResolve, on 27 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

It's been obvious for awhile that Anet are heading in a bad direction but this AMA should be proof to those people who are still clinging to hope. It's sad to think the game is in this state just a few months after release.
Agreed, it's actually pretty insane to think I've never seen an MMO this good be ruined so quickly by poor decisions by the developer (or their corporate purse-string-pullers). I've seen games that were worse on release improve over time and then make bad decisions down the line, and I've seen good games on release make bad decisions over time, but I simply ever haven't seen a great game on release self-destruct in so short a time. It's pretty crazy.

Adding the Korean-style grinding/focus on rip-off cash shop stuff is not going to work out well for them. Whoever thinks that will work is naive of the western MMO market entirely.

#102 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostKarghoul, on 27 November 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

800+ hours played, got a FULL refund.
Just FYI ;)

Posted Image
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#103 Shatteredz

Shatteredz

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

View Postn00854180t, on 27 November 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

Agreed, it's actually pretty insane to think I've never seen an MMO this good be ruined so quickly by poor decisions by the developer (or their corporate purse-string-pullers). I've seen games that were worse on release improve over time and then make bad decisions down the line, and I've seen good games on release make bad decisions over time, but I simply ever haven't seen a great game on release self-destruct in so short a time. It's pretty crazy.

Adding the Korean-style grinding/focus on rip-off cash shop stuff is not going to work out well for them. Whoever thinks that will work is naive of the western MMO market entirely.

Ruined? GW2 is probably the most MMORPG around atm.

#104 Fizzypop

Fizzypop

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 738 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostIllein, on 27 November 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Just for the record - I think people who claim refunds 3 months after playing the shit out of a game should be disallowed to vote for a political party, reproduce and attaining a driver's license.

As Duffy Duck would put it:

Posted Image

Anet isn't being forced to give refunds...they are doing it because they want to. So why can't people take advantage of it? Do you yell at people who return a computer during the one year warranty period too? Seriously, your whole comment is a little insane.

Edited by Fizzypop, 27 November 2012 - 07:09 PM.


#105 ScoutMATH

ScoutMATH

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 257 posts
  • Location:New York City
  • Guild Tag:[MATH]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostKarghoul, on 27 November 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

800+ hours played, got a FULL refund.
Just FYI ;)

buy gw2 again, then play 800+ more then get a full refund.

#106 Draugadan

Draugadan

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 444 posts
  • Location:Romania
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostShatteredz, on 27 November 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

Ruined? GW2 is probably the most MMORPG around atm.

Is "MMORPG" an adjective nowadays?

#107 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostDraugadan, on 27 November 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Is "MMORPG" an adjective nowadays?

Quote

Son Im 38 I wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls and before it was the internet, thanks for the welcome to message wurd up.

It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#108 n00854180t

n00854180t

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

MazingerZ, holy crap is that a perfectly timed and executed quote. You had me laughing my ass off at my desk right now.

#109 Black Autumn

Black Autumn

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • Location:Old Ascalon
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[ECHO]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostRAD, on 27 November 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

While I understand where so many are coming from about a gear treadmill and that Anet is getting away from themselves and their manifesto (which I also agree with) why dont people see that this gear is really not that necessary? I only have 4 exotics: pants, shoulders, boots, and my longbow. I still do just fine in PvE and in explorable dungeons and I can still beat people 1v1 pretty easily as long I do good play wise.

My point is, yes its not exactly what Anet said there would be, but there is no reason to flip like people have. You can still be every bit viable with rares and exotics. The stat increase isnt very big from what Ive seen its based mostly on how you play. I wish people wouldnt see this and just be done because it is nowhere near as big of a deal as it is made out to be.

Now of course this is my opinion, but unfortunately I seem to be a minority.

I have zero exotics and run with half masterwork items (the other half rares) on my L80 and I don't really have any issues myself.  I'm not too upset by this but that's mostly because when I saw that the gear wasn't going to be customizable like in GW1, I had my pity-party and got over it.  I am now in a zen place about the gear.  If I was unable to do the content, I'd be upset, but I can do it so I'm not.

Anyway, you're not alone.

#110 Karghoul

Karghoul

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostIllein, on 27 November 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

Must be mighty proud. :rolleyes:
You have no idea.
And I made sure, none of my friends I actually reccomended this game to, did buy this game.

View PostScoutMATH, on 27 November 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

buy gw2 again, then play 800+ more then get a full refund.
No need, already got it again totally for FREE ^^ (one of the friends that it so happens is a reviewer got it for free, but since he doesn't like it - no surprise here, he gave his account to me).
I even created a character and play it from time to time (with no intention to spend a dime on it, just creating artificial traffic), going on a path of my previous bug reports, watching in amusement, how they were NOT FIXED, and how the tons of new bugs were introduced (oh, and enjoying the "LF fractals X+" chat in LA).

Great times, great times :D

#111 Flaming_Foxx

Flaming_Foxx

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 448 posts
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostLady Rhonwyn, on 27 November 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Actually, it wasn't really.  While the gear might not have become stronger over time, there were new skills that changed the playing field.  And changed skills that could completely mess up your way of playing.  Now, that was a skill based game and not a gear based game.   I wouldn't want to call GW1 stagnant because of this.  Yes, the gear stayed the same, but skills decided whether the gear became more or less powerful (add more armour ignoring damage and who cares that your armour is lvl100 instead of lvl10...)

Thats kind of exactly my point. Skills were readily accessible and attainable and it was entirely the players choice on what skills to use. Yes there was a meta, but ultimately it was still up to the user.
You hit level cap really quickly (even in prophecies where it took a lot longer, in terms of the storyline the point where you hit 20 was still decently before it ended) which meant that you had a ton of time to play around with skills are figure out what worked, rather than having to constantly change and upgrade gear and then worry about the fact that you've hit level 80 but are still coming across more powerful gear as drops and you haven't even had the time to consider exotics.

I concede that GW1's setup isn't something that everyone liked or that always worked flawlessly. But to ME (That's the keyword right there) it was a beautiful system that encouraged players to play the game rather than play the marketplace.

#112 Gruunz

Gruunz

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 152 posts
  • Location:Great England Britain Kingdom
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

What I got out of the AMA was that essentially they can and will add in a gear treadmill if they choose to.

He said a sentence along the lines of "it's not like we never said that we would NOT have vertical gear progression, so we are still inline with the manifesto". Which I found to be quite a sneaky response. In a random scenario it would be like if there was a vegan event party going on then some guy half way through the party meal has a beef steak brought in for him. Just because he came to the vegan party event didn't mean he was actually a vegan.

The responses said about the ascended stuff in the AMA gave off that feeling that better gear is very likely to come in at a later stage. I'm sure they could implement better gear after 4 months then simply give out a response saying "We didn't say we wouldn't add in better gear after 4 months, what we said was that we wouldn't add in higher tier gear after 3 months."


Also I'm probably cynical and untrusting of those that are usually being hardpressed by their PR. The whole excuse about ascended gearing popping up so soon was that because "it didn't make the launch phase". That just sounds so convenient for them. The fractal rewards and agony resistance could have been added in at the last moment but the actual content and concept about the fractal event were already in the post-launch content roadmap.

Which also brings me back to the first half of my post. They can simply add in another tier of gear then say "This was also planned but never managed to be released on launch also, so we're still adhering to the manifesto as this was originally meant to be here" no one can really disprove what he says either.

#113 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostGruunz, on 27 November 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

He said a sentence along the lines of "it's not like we never said that we would NOT have vertical gear progression, so we are still inline with the manifesto". Which I found to be quite a sneaky response. In a random scenario it would be like if there was a vegan event party going on then some guy half way through the party meal has a beef steak brought in for him. Just because he came to the vegan party event didn't mean he was actually a vegan.

Yeah, I got the impression of a "So there, nyaah" attitude when that statement was published.  Considering what their forums were filled with in regards to the speculation of the game, they were well aware of the expectations and handled it poorly.  I'm even pretty sure there were threads pleading with the devs (aren't there always?) to avoid the treadmill and power creep when the 'dedicated' players began dropping off and complaining about nothing to do.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#114 Illein

Illein

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostFizzypop, on 27 November 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Anet isn't being forced to give refunds...they are doing it because they want to. So why can't people take advantage of it? Do you yell at people who return a computer during the one year warranty period too? Seriously, your whole comment is a little insane.

First of all: I want to buy my hardware wherever you buy it - because de facto, you can't bring your computer to your retailer 3 months after you bought it and demand your money back. You can have it repaired within warranty or demand substitution. Unless there is an insufficiency with the product and even there, it's not said that it leads to being granted a full return of your money.

And trust me, "They added a vertical gear progression" is not considered a insufficiency, no matter how hard some might want it to be. So Arena Net even refunding those people is a pure customer service and an overly fair one at that.

Second: It was obviously a hyperbole to make a point. Which was that those who screamed "Blasphemy!" like a whole bunch of inbred Westboro Baptist Church bible thumpers on the Guild Wars 2 Manifesto are the first to go around, get a refund they aren't entitled to by any rule of integrity and brag about it on top of it.

Holding unders to unrealistic standards while you have absolutely no scrupel to screw them over whenever you get the chance - quite frankly.

Ah, how I love the MMORPG scene sometimes. It's become the Mos Eisley of the interwebs. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" :devil:

Edited by Illein, 27 November 2012 - 07:49 PM.


#115 Linfang

Linfang

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2362 posts
  • Location:Ohio
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

So after reading all the the AMA I got tired of the going forward statement in every other response. There was nothing proactive about the discussion. It was one recovery and justified response for everything they did. They realized they screwed up, held an AMA damage control.

Edited by Leyana, 27 November 2012 - 11:02 PM.
No


#116 Fizzypop

Fizzypop

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 738 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostIllein, on 27 November 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

First of all: I want to buy my hardware wherever you buy it - because de facto, you can't bring your computer to your retailer 3 months after you bought it and demand your money back. You can have it repaired within warranty or demand substitution. Unless there is an insufficiency with the product and even there, it's not said that it leads to being granted a full return of your money.

And trust me, "They added a vertical gear progression" is not considered a insufficiency, no matter how hard some might want it to be. So Arena Net even refunding those people is a pure customer service and an overly fair one at that.

Second: It was obviously a hyperbole to make a point. Which was that those who screamed "Blasphemy!" like a whole bunch of inbred Westboro Baptist Church bible thumpers on the Guild Wars 2 Manifesto are the first to go around, get a refund they aren't entitled to by any rule of integrity and brag about it on top of it.

Holding unders to unrealistic standards while you have absolutely no scrupel to screw them over whenever you get the chance - quite frankly.

Ah, how I love the MMORPG scene sometimes. It's become the Mos Eisley of the interwebs. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" :devil:

I buy from newegg/frys....all computer parts come with a warranty. If it breaks within a year through no fault of your own you can get a replacement for free and yes I've gotten a full refund because asus motherboard was a piece of shit I couldn't get a non-faulty motherboard to save my life. Walmart? you can return a fully functional computer no questions asked if bought within 90 days. I know I bought my kid a computer from there and it didn't work quite right (probably a faulty motherboard)...didn't even ASK me why I was returning. Just checked receipt and credited it back to my account. It could've been fully functional and they still wouldn't care. TONS of companies will give refunds even if shit ain't broke or with no questions asked. You are missing the point. If they didn't want to give the refund they wouldn't...yet you are acting like the customer is "bad" for doing something that is allowed by the company. WHY? This is hardly a first.

Edited by Fizzypop, 27 November 2012 - 08:03 PM.


#117 Illein

Illein

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostFizzypop, on 27 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I buy from newegg/frys....all computer parts come with a warranty. If it breaks within a year through no fault of your own you can get a replacement for free and yes I've gotten a full refund because asus motherboard was a piece of shit I couldn't get a non-faulty motherboard to save my life. Walmart? you can return a fully functional computer no questions asked if bought within 90 days. I know I bought my kid a computer from there and it didn't work quite right (probably a faulty motherboard)...didn't even ASK me why I was returning. Just checked receipt and credited it back to my account. It could've been fully functional and they still wouldn't care. TONS of companies will give refunds even if shit ain't broke or with no questions asked. You are missing the point. If they didn't want to give the refund they wouldn't...yet you are acting like the customer is "bad" for doing something that is allowed by the company. WHY? This is hardly a first.

To make it very clear how I see this: It's in the absolute same category as Prom Queen Hilary buying a new dress for 3.999 $ for her big night, she goes to prom in it. She dances all night, has a good time, hopefully let's Tommy the Quarterback sensation get to third base with her and the day after she returns the dress.

No question asked, money refunded. Nobody is any wiser, all that's left is her being a *****.

There are just things you don't do. Like farting in an elevator or getting a game refund after 3 months of playing the game.

Edited by Illein, 27 November 2012 - 08:12 PM.


#118 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostIllein, on 27 November 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

To make it very clear how I see this: It's in the absolute same category as Prom Queen Hilary buying a new dress for 3.999 $ for her big night, she goes to prom in it. She dances all night, has a good time, hopefully let's Tommy the Quarterback sensation get to third base with her and the day after she returns the dress.

No question asked, money refunded. Nobody is any wiser, all that's left is her being a *****.

There are just things you don't do. Like farting in an elevator or getting a game refund after 3 months of playing the game.

Sounds like you have issues with Hilary.  Were you expecting a home run that night?
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#119 Momochi7

Momochi7

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostDaesu, on 27 November 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

At least ArenaNet came forward and addressed this situation with their customers, I'll give them that.

However, since there will continue to be vertical progression going forward, today's AMA was the last straw that helped to make up my mind.  Bye bye GW2.

-I can't believe how butt-hurt so many of you are, its hysterical. The manifesto which "some" players are starting to treat as the holy bible ( what the F***), as it MUST follow those guidelines, it can change, some people must aknowledge that, very immature imo. If you drop out now fine, thats your choice, the rest of the community which still enjoys playing it don't care, is it a self justification writing on these forums "its the final straw" - not framing you here, in general. :) despite its many MANY bugs and needings..ranger much? I mean yes, they said minimal grind, but then again, if you meddle in something so pitty as a backpack or rings, stuff which give you a reason to keep playing, then your better of leaving, your to no gain to any of the playerbase if you cant settle down, theyre catering to "you" theyre catering to us, they cant please everyone. This new tier hardly came as  a surprise, and i for one will keep playing for the fun factor not for the stat factor, ive got my priorities straight..do you guys? Though, They should probably decrease the "insane" amount of grind some things require, hence the ascended gear, but it really isnt a big deal, and if you call this the final straw then you shouldnt have continued playing till this point anyway. It seems the GW2 community is never satisified, constantly wanting something like a baby. i.e They implement facial change and cosmetic change and people say "its too late now, i wanted this at launch, when they finally release it, and were barely 4 months in!!!!".. seriously if you dont see the problem by now, you ppl are a lost cause. peace

Edited by Momochi7, 27 November 2012 - 08:23 PM.


#120 Daesu

Daesu

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostMomochi7, on 27 November 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

-I can't believe how butt-hurt so many of you are, its hysterical. The manifesto which "some" players are starting to treat as the holy bible ( what the F***), as it MUST follow those guidelines, it can change, some people must aknowledge that, very immature imo. If you drop out now fine, your choice the rest of the community which still enjoys it, despite its many MANY bugs and needings..ranger much? I mean yes, they said minimal grind, but then again, if you meddle in something so pitty as a backpack or rings, stuff which give you a reason to keep playing, then your better of leaving, your to no gain to any of the playerbase if your a baby. This hardly came as  a surprise, and i for one will keep playing for the fun factor not for the stat factor, ive got my priorities straight..do you guys? Though, They should probably decrease the "insane" amount of grind some things require, hence the ascended gear, but it really isnt a big deal, and if you call this the final straw then you shouldnt have continued playing till this point anyway. It seems the GW2 community is never satisified, constantly wanting something else as was they a baby. They implement facial change and cosmetic change and people say "its too late now, i wanted this at launch, when they finally release it, and were barely 4 months in!!!!".. seriously if you dont see the problem by now, you ppl are a lost cause. peace

I have never said that they can't change their manifesto.  It is their game and they have the right to change it in anyway they please.  But that doesn't necessarily mean we have to like every single potential changes they do to the game.  If they should be allowed to change their minds, then why can't we, if we don't like the upcoming direction that the game is heading?  Yes it is only rings and back pieces right now, but ArenaNet has said that there will be more ascended items along WITH VERTICAL PROGRESSION.

I don't want to be running a perpetual gear treadmill and that is what it sounds like they intend to do.  It is a shame because I like this game and it has a lot of potential but I dont like the direction that it is heading.  I wanted the vertical progression to be capped somewhere and just have the horizontal progression.  The cosmetic stuff has never bothered me.

Edited by Daesu, 27 November 2012 - 08:32 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users