RAM: 4gb ram ddr3
PSU: corsair550w
MB: some random mb with 775 sockte support and ddr3,i dont remember the name
VGA: gtx460 786mb
CASE: cm690
AUDIO: xonar dx
HDD: WB 500gb blue
Monitor: 1980x1020

and in www large battle i do like 5-10 fps witch is totaly not fun... so i'm going to buy some new pieces to upgrade my computer

i was thinking about this:

i5 3570k
asrock z77 pro3
corsair low profile vengance 2x4gb

what do you think guys? i can play with at least 20 fps in large www battle with this upgrade? do you guys think i could buy something better at the same price? (budget 350  euro circa)

#2 typographie

typographie

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

If you're really using DDR3 RAM already (I thought LGA-775 was limited to DDR2?) then there may be no reason to buy new RAM. Well, aside from upgrading to 8 GB, of course.

Generally I don't think you can do much better in terms of performance-per-euro than an i5 system and a solid mid-range Z77 motherboard, so I think the parts you've picked out are an excellent choice. You may be able to save a bit of money with an i5-3450 and H77 or B75 motherboard, but of course that locks you out of the ability to overclock. Your video card may be holding you back a bit, but I think you could expect ~30 FPS at worst with any Ivy Bridge Core i5.

Edited by typographie, 27 November 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#3 vorren

vorren

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

30 fps in the large battle www you mean? it would be awesome!

#4 Zerk2012

Zerk2012

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Don't know where you live but a solid build and he motherboad is easy to overclock the CPU  to 4.1/ 4.2 with the  downloadable TouchBIOS utility with about 3 clicks of the mouse and a reboot.
http://www.scan.co.u...smart-cache-34x  i5 3570K it will not link for some reason.
http://www.scan.co.u...ub-dvi-d-hdmi-a
/www.scan.co.u...-9-9-24-xmp-15v
http://www.scan.co.u...155-1156-1366-a

Edited by Zerk2012, 30 November 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#5 typographie

typographie

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

View Postvorren, on 29 November 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

30 fps in the large battle www you mean? it would be awesome!

I'm not 100% certain because I don't have one. But I'm pretty sure those with third-gen i5's are usually dropping to around 30-35 FPS in large WvW battles. I've got an i5-750 and I don't think I go under 20-25 on average, so I think the 30's are a good estimate for Ivy Bridge in the same situation.

Edited by typographie, 30 November 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#6 tijo

tijo

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3169 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RISE]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Just to avoid being too optimistic, I would say 25-30fps. It's what my GTX570/i7-2600K rig was providing during the last event of the lost shore week-end and boy was that packed with people.

#7 vorren

vorren

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

im about to order the conf i posted in the op but im a bit short in cash so i have to skip the ram.. do you guys think 8gb would do something in term of fps anyway or 4gb are good anyway?

#8 Zerk2012

Zerk2012

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

View Postvorren, on 30 November 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

im about to order the conf i posted in the op but im a bit short in cash so i have to skip the ram.. do you guys think 8gb would do something in term of fps anyway or 4gb are good anyway?
Well to answer that first make sure the ram you have is supported  by the motherboard. I'm not going to say you can reuse something that you have never listed other than 4GB DDR3
http://www.asrock.co...?Model=Z77 Pro3
Now if you only have a 32 bit operating system then the 4GB is fine if you have a 64 bit then I would upgrade to the new ram you listed when you can.
1 more thing if you have a bigbox store disc for the operating system like Dell or something be prepaired to probably buy a new operating system, if you have a origenal windows disc you MIGHT be able to reuse it and get it resistered again.

Edited by Zerk2012, 01 December 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#9 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3243 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

The 4Gig shouldn't affect your basic fps too much, but that might depend a upon the speed of the RAM a minor bit. (If it's say, only DDR3-1066) But, it might slow down loading times and make multitasking more of a hassle. That is, you may have more trouble running a browser and/or voice chat program while running GW2.
For example, at the time I went from 4Gig to 8Gig, the main thing I noticed was that SWTOR started up and exited much quicker, and the browser and Ventrilo were faster and less glitchy, but SWtOR ran the same otherwise.

And, of course, as Zerk pointed out, if you have 32-bit Windows you wouldn't be able to access more than 4Gigs anyway.

Edited by Quaker, 01 December 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#10 vorren

vorren

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

thanks both for the explanation! anyway i have w7 sp1 original with all the updates and i checked the site Zerk linked but i have no idea if my ram are supported... i attached  a screen of cpu-z wiich should tell all about my rams, can someone tell me if they are supported?Attached File  Untitled.jpg   147.03K   6 downloads

#11 Zerk2012

Zerk2012

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

View Postvorren, on 01 December 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

thanks both for the explanation! anyway i have w7 sp1 original with all the updates and i checked the site Zerk linked but i have no idea if my ram are supported... i attached  a screen of cpu-z wiich should tell all about my rams, can someone tell me if they are supported?Attachment Untitled.jpg
Looks good 1333, 1.5V you do know your going to have to reformat your HDD right.

#12 vorren

vorren

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

thanks! is formatting necessary? sadly i dont have another hdd for back up and i have some big important data i cant pass on a usb pen

#13 Zerk2012

Zerk2012

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

View Postvorren, on 01 December 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

thanks! is formatting necessary? sadly i dont have another hdd for back up and i have some big important data i cant pass on a usb pen

Probably yes but maby you can just uninstall old drivers and install the new ones, and i'm not recomending any site but here is a example http://whatiscloudba...indows-phone-7/
Cloud backup with windows 7

Edited by Zerk2012, 01 December 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#14 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3243 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

No, you don't need to reformat the hard drive, but you will need to re-install windows. Actually, you may be able to get away with just a "Startup Repair" (Win 7).

The best thing would be to reformat the drive to get rid of all the old crap you no longer need, but that would require you to backup anything you want to keep.

The next best thing is to "Leave the current file system intact" (i.e. no format) and install a fresh copy of Windows. That will leave a lot of junk on the drive, including a folder called "Old Windows", but if you have the space, no worries. And you can delete stuff that's not being used.

Or as I mentioned, you can boot from the Windows CD/DVD and choose "Startup Repair" (Win 7) or "Repair this installation" (Win XP). This will work fine for Win XP and may also work for Win7.

#15 vorren

vorren

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

thanks again to both! im gonna order cpu+mb tomorrow and amazon should deliver it in a day, i let you know how the pc is when i install it :)

#16 vorren

vorren

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

here i am with my new pc installed! sadly the mail man come here 2 day later but this cpu is fantastic! i have 30 fps min in big battles WvWvW with all setting on max! (no the supersampling ofc, it use alot fps and i just can't see any difference...)

thanks to all again

#17 vorren

vorren

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostQuaker, on 02 December 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

No, you don't need to reformat the hard drive, but you will need to re-install windows. Actually, you may be able to get away with just a "Startup Repair" (Win 7).

The best thing would be to reformat the drive to get rid of all the old crap you no longer need, but that would require you to backup anything you want to keep.

The next best thing is to "Leave the current file system intact" (i.e. no format) and install a fresh copy of Windows. That will leave a lot of junk on the drive, including a folder called "Old Windows", but if you have the space, no worries. And you can delete stuff that's not being used.

Or as I mentioned, you can boot from the Windows CD/DVD and choose "Startup Repair" (Win 7) or "Repair this installation" (Win XP). This will work fine for Win XP and may also work for Win7.
update: today i noticed a strange buzz sound from the psu while i'm playing heavy game (for now i tryed hitman absolution, skyrim, dota 2 and ofc gw2 and it only come with gw2 and hitman)

i googled a bit and many said its just the capacitator working more hard for the new component doing that sound and its nothing to worry about, is that right or my psu is dying after only 2 years of use?i never had a problem with the lc power 500w i had before and it lasted for 4 year and i had to change it only cuz it was too small, i cant belive i'm having problems with corsair only after 2 years...

there is a sighlty buz even when i'm not gaming but i think it was always like that

i tryed to unplug everything(ram and cpu was plugged) and power on but the sightly buzz was still there so i think its 100% the psu

thanks in advance for all the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users