Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Power of Inertia


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Majigor

Majigor

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

This might seem like a silly question, but what is so great about this trait? I've noticed a lot of thief players love acrobatics and always take this trait, but is a single stack of might really that great?

Maybe I'm missing something?

#2 Lukas the Dead

Lukas the Dead

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

With it I can easily get at least 4 stacks going at the same time.

#3 Minion

Minion

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 761 posts
  • Location:moi preciouss council house
  • Guild Tag:[Fäp]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

It's not great, but it's the best trait skill for that slot. By process of elimination, it's perfect.

#4 Majigor

Majigor

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Well, Maybe they can change it to retaliation or something. I'm hoping traits are something A-net take a god look at if that feedback thread is any indication of good changes on the way.

I generally don't like the acrobatics tree as much as the others, but I guess that's just me.

#5 Symbiont

Symbiont

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2710 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NULL]

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

how does it make more sense to want to change something when you see many more thieves preferring this over the other choices?

i think the trait is fine and i don't want to go without with my build, that's for sure.

#6 Ninja Battle Lion

Ninja Battle Lion

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I guess most Thieves run with Hide in Shadows as their heal of choice, but I've found Withdraw/Vigorous Recovery an awesome combination.

YMMV

#7 SlizeTT

SlizeTT

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Guild Tag:[[TT]]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Thing is that most of us take Power of Interia only becouse its best for that slot (other triats are barelyy good/usefoul).
Thats why i i love too, to see some changes in acrobatic's line :)

#8 Rachmani

Rachmani

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

It's not a bad talent but mostly you want 15 acrobatics for an additional dodge.

#9 Majigor

Majigor

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostSlizeTT, on 27 November 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Thing is that most of us take Power of Interia only becouse its best for that slot (other triats are barelyy good/usefoul).
Thats why i i love too, to see some changes in acrobatic's line :)

View PostRachmani, on 28 November 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

It's not a bad talent but mostly you want 15 acrobatics for an additional dodge.

I see so it was simply making the most of what was available? I asked because I saw a lot of people praising it throughout the forums in various posts and I wasn't really sure what the major appeal was. Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something lol!


And yeah the Acrobatics line does seem to need a bit of love. But I think overall trait changes would be good for the class to be honest, as well as a few skill tweaks.

#10 Soki

Soki

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 841 posts
  • Location:My own little world \~w~/
  • Guild Tag:[Bern]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostSymbiont, on 27 November 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

how does it make more sense to want to change something when you see many more thieves preferring this over the other choices?

i think the trait is fine and i don't want to go without with my build, that's for sure.
Well,
Generally, when so many players choose one thing over any others,
the one thing is either too good, or the other things are really bad.
This is bad design.

It's a very, very, very, simple concept, really.

#11 Rachmani

Rachmani

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostMajigor, on 28 November 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

I see so it was simply making the most of what was available? I asked because I saw a lot of people praising it throughout the forums in various posts and I wasn't really sure what the major appeal was. Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something lol!


And yeah the Acrobatics line does seem to need a bit of love. But I think overall trait changes would be good for the class to be honest, as well as a few skill tweaks.

It's good for a filler, might ain't bad, but nobody would spend his last 10 point in there. Oh, the other good talent - that gets ignored a bit because to few people play Withdraw is Vigorous Healing. That one is in fact far better, it just falls short because of the circumstances.

Acrobatics trait line isn't really bad I think, in fact 300 vitality are quite helpful for a thief and Quick Recovery is in my opinion needed if you want to play P/P (and to som extend S/P & D/P) well but it has a fundamental flaw with 30% boon duration.
We just don't have boons to play with. We lack simple utility spells that put up boons on ourselves and/or our allies.

#12 Symbiont

Symbiont

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2710 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NULL]

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostSoki, on 28 November 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Well,
Generally, when so many players choose one thing over any others,
the one thing is either too good, or the other things are really bad.
This is bad design.

It's a very, very, very, simple concept, really.

well yea, but OP doesn't even grasp why the trait is so popular, but somehow could find a reason to change that one specific trait...

to me "power of inertia" trait is versatile compared to the other traits. the other traits has their own usefulness within a specific build, where as power of inertia can't go wrong in any build.

OP suggest to change the trait so it would give retaliation, that would make the trait even more sought after compared to the others, imo.

Edited by Symbiont, 28 November 2012 - 09:41 PM.


#13 Majigor

Majigor

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostSymbiont, on 28 November 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

well yea, but OP doesn't even grasp why the trait is so popular, but somehow could find a reason to change that one specific trait...

to me "power of inertia" trait is versatile compared to the other traits. the other traits has their own usefulness within a specific build, where as power of inertia can't go wrong in any build.

OP suggest to change the trait so it would give retaliation, that would make the trait even more sought after compared to the others, imo.

I wasn't really thinking it out properly when i said maybe give it retaliation, it was just a throw away comment.

I was just wondering why I'd seen people praising it so much because it struck me as purely average. Especially when you consider the precision tree has a trait to give you 5 stacks of might when using a signet. I just couldn't see why 1 stack of might was so special that's all.

I thought perhaps I'd overlooked some way it synergised with other traits or skills, but everyone confirmed that it's selected more through default than for it's actual utility.

#14 Symbiont

Symbiont

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2710 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NULL]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostMajigor, on 29 November 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

I wasn't really thinking it out properly when i said maybe give it retaliation, it was just a throw away comment.

I was just wondering why I'd seen people praising it so much because it struck me as purely average. Especially when you consider the precision tree has a trait to give you 5 stacks of might when using a signet. I just couldn't see why 1 stack of might was so special that's all.

I thought perhaps I'd overlooked some way it synergised with other traits or skills, but everyone confirmed that it's selected more through default than for it's actual utility.

i don't think many thieves pick the acrobatics tree just for power of inertia, the minor traits in that tree are pretty awesome as well.

#15 Majigor

Majigor

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostSymbiont, on 29 November 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

i don't think many thieves pick the acrobatics tree just for power of inertia, the minor traits in that tree are pretty awesome as well.

I never thought they went acrobatics purely for that trait, I just spotted that trait getting a lot of praise around the forums and wondered what i'd missed that made it so special.

Edited by Majigor, 29 November 2012 - 01:51 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users