Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Give me that make-over


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TGIFrisbie

TGIFrisbie

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Okay with the new makeover availability in the BLTC, I decided a while ago I may want to change some of my female toons as I went with a model that turned out to appear rather chunky when geared in more revealing attire.  I am not so sure that is an issue any longer but I am considering changing my Thief.  Her look was initially based around her name, Lollipop Gumdrop, so pinkish hair, asian appearance, pit tails, pale skin.  After months of seeing slightly thinner, darker skinned/haired, white haired, non-asian, etc., etc., I feel she might be up for a full make over.

This thread could be used for your own requests, a general Make-over thread.

Spoiler

Ahhh...went ahead and took the plunge, leaving the thread up though for others to post such requests (if mod feels like its a waste, delete away).  My choice went with thinner, darker, face change, typical frosted thief look:

Spoiler

Edited by TGIFrisbie, 27 November 2012 - 05:30 PM.


#2 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3234 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Posted Image

Honestly, I am not a fan of any of the available options - this one is probably the one I hate the least.


EDIT:
BAH! A few minutes too late! ^^ I will say that the haircut you used is probably my second least hated one. ^^

Edited by Protoss, 27 November 2012 - 05:10 PM.


#3 TGIFrisbie

TGIFrisbie

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostProtoss, on 27 November 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

Honestly, I am not a fan of any of the available options - this one is probably the one I hate the least.


EDIT:
BAH! A few minutes too late! ^^ I will say that the haircut you used is probably my second least hated one. ^^

She is about one shade to dark for me, but I really like the look with the hair and dark skin.  If I later change again I would probably go with something like this, probably very BA in Celestial dye too.

Just a tip for anyone trying to decide on appearances using gear codes, you can also find dye codes on gw2db.

Edited by TGIFrisbie, 27 November 2012 - 05:27 PM.


#4 Sword Hammer Axe

Sword Hammer Axe

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'll wait for the name changing possibilities. Honestly, I spend 30 minutes minimum trying out different looks for my characters, but I guess I was a little too quick when I picked my main's name. I just wanted to get it started <3

#5 TGIFrisbie

TGIFrisbie

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostProtoss, on 27 November 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

Spoiler

Honestly, I am not a fan of any of the available options - this one is probably the one I hate the least.


EDIT:
BAH! A few minutes too late! ^^ I will say that the haircut you used is probably my second least hated one. ^^

You, sir, were inspiring.  Needing to alter my ranger for the same reason as my thief (fat thigh syndrom, and the bust was quite a bit overstated in the Krytan Jerkin) I remade her with an eye to your suggestion (I even went a darker shade):

Spoiler

Edited by TGIFrisbie, 27 November 2012 - 09:16 PM.


#6 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3234 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostTGIFrisbie, on 27 November 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

You, sir, were inspiring.  Needing to alter my ranger for the same reason as my thief (fat thigh syndrom, and the bust was quite a bit overstated in the Krytan Jerkin) I remade her with an eye to your suggestion (I even went a darker shade):

One of the things I seriously dislike about GW2's character creation is how poor the options for creating a character of colour are. But I have to say, that's a fairly fantastic choice. I might even like it more than the one I posted.

EDIT:
It's official - I love your ranger more than the one I posted. Absolutely stunning.

Edited by Protoss, 28 November 2012 - 08:16 PM.


#7 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Does the kit let you choose another gender? I rolled a female guardian, but heavy armors look terrible on chicks in my opinion.

#8 Pariah

Pariah

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 515 posts
  • Location:Finland
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[BoS]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

View PostSpelignErrir, on 29 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Does the kit let you choose another gender? I rolled a female guardian, but heavy armors look terrible on chicks in my opinion.
Genders, yes. Name, nope :)

#9 TGIFrisbie

TGIFrisbie

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostSpelignErrir, on 29 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Does the kit let you choose another gender? I rolled a female guardian, but heavy armors look terrible on chicks in my opinion.

I think you mean "Its hard to make female characters look sexy in GW2 heavy armor"  :)

And I agree, though the Norn T3 leggings (heck T3 in general for them) can be worked in with surprising results.  But outside of that I have to agree.

#10 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostTGIFrisbie, on 29 November 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

I think you mean "Its hard to make female characters look sexy in GW2 heavy armor"  :)

And I agree, though the Norn T3 leggings (heck T3 in general for them) can be worked in with surprising results.  But outside of that I have to agree.

Yeah...unfortunately, I rolled a human.

I used the kit and changed my Guardian to a dude, armor looks way better, especially the t2 heavy human cultural shoulders. :D

#11 Celestine Grey

Celestine Grey

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostTGIFrisbie, on 27 November 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Okay with the new makeover availability in the BLTC, I decided a while ago I may want to change some of my female toons as I went with a model that turned out to appear rather chunky when geared in more revealing attire.  I am not so sure that is an issue any longer but I am considering changing my Thief.  Her look was initially based around her name, Lollipop Gumdrop, so pinkish hair, asian appearance, pit tails, pale skin.  After months of seeing slightly thinner, darker skinned/haired, white haired, non-asian, etc., etc., I feel she might be up for a full make over.

This thread could be used for your own requests, a general Make-over thread.

Spoiler

Ahhh...went ahead and took the plunge, leaving the thread up though for others to post such requests (if mod feels like its a waste, delete away).  My choice went with thinner, darker, face change, typical frosted thief look:

Spoiler

is that "dagger holder" thing a belt? also what chest is this?

Basically what armor is this hahahaha

#12 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostCelestine Grey, on 06 December 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

is that "dagger holder" thing a belt? also what chest is this?

Basically what armor is this hahahaha

T3 human cultural

#13 Petal

Petal

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

My Ranger before...
Posted Image

and after
Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users