• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Prezz

Prezz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

I am hoping that someone may be able to help me in regard to the FotM dungeon.

As i'm sure all of you have realised from playing it if one of your party members or yourself are unfortunate enough to get DC'd or 'lag out' there is no way of getting back to full party strength without having to restart your progree on the scale selected.

My main question is as follows : Is this a bug? Should we expect a fix anytime soon? Or is this just and  extremely poorly thought out game mechanic?

At the moment i can see this casuing me much of a problem as each fractal only takes 10-15 minutes at my current scale. I do however see this developing into an issue when the difficulty and thus time for completion increases. The way i see it DC's are something you just cant help, sometimes they happen, even to the best of us! There is no way of checking your party ping to see who is the most likely to disconnect meaning that once in a while you are inevetably going to come across a few party members who disconnect.

I do however not believe that this has improved the game in the slightest, in fact, it has made the running of Fotm more like a lottery, running in hope that you will all get to the end without a DC kinda ruins the whole feel of it for me.

Feel free to express your opinions whatever they may be, and all you 'Elites' can shoot me down if you wish, but i wont listen :)

#2 CondasEgera

CondasEgera

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Ping does not have an influence on DC chance. I have Fios and get single digit or low teen ping in just about every game. I was in a FotM with my wife last week and she got DCed for example.

Anyways, it is a silly design flaw that you do not come back in the instance when you log back in. I never understood when games do that. DCs are a fact of gaming and it would be nice if they could be handled logically.

#3 Prezz

Prezz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostCondasEgera, on 27 November 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Ping does not have an influence on DC chance. I have Fios and get single digit or low teen ping in just about every game. I was in a FotM with my wife last week and she got DCed for example.

Anyways, it is a silly design flaw that you do not come back in the instance when you log back in. I never understood when games do that. DCs are a fact of gaming and it would be nice if they could be handled logically.

As is my view on this. DC's like you say are a just an unavoidable annoyance in gaming regardless of your ISP and PC parts.

The upsetting part is that fractals is probably my favourite of all the dungeons atm, i like the fact that they aren't as 'linear' as most of the others. I know not all that much but some of them do actually require tactics whereas other dugeons everyone seemed to do their own thing and get through unscated.

The only reason i can see them doing this is to prevent the kicking of players to allow 'guildies' to join, but even so, surely a company like ANet have a bit more about them than to solve this by causing another issue. Even i can see all it takes is to only allow re-entry for the player that started that fractal and if players arent willing to do the full lvl, dont join.

#4 CondasEgera

CondasEgera

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

If you DC in an instance it should put you back in when you log in anyways. As far as the kicking people to get someone else; the barred entrance is only present in FotM which could be for any number of reasons anet could have come up with, including the boot/swap of players. I find it strange they put it here but not other dungeons.

#5 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Its bad design if intended or a really bad bug if not.  I can't even get out of level 1 because of it, because I always lose at least 1 person in the group to DC or crash.  

I'll try fractals again if it turns out to be a bug and they fix it, until then I'll stick to regular dungeons.

#6 Prezz

Prezz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

View Postmatsif, on 27 November 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Its bad design if intended or a really bad bug if not.  I can't even get out of level 1 because of it, because I always lose at least 1 person in the group to DC or crash.  

I'll try fractals again if it turns out to be a bug and they fix it, until then I'll stick to regular dungeons.

View PostCondasEgera, on 27 November 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

If you DC in an instance it should put you back in when you log in anyways. As far as the kicking people to get someone else; the barred entrance is only present in FotM which could be for any number of reasons anet could have come up with, including the boot/swap of players. I find it strange they put it here but not other dungeons.

Luckily i have found this with a Dev post too - seems it is a bug and they are working on fix.

´╗┐´╗┐https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/DC-in-fractals-no-way-to-get-back-in
Hallelujah!!!!

https://forum-en.gui...-to-get-back-in

#7 CondasEgera

CondasEgera

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Oh that is good to hear. I had hoped it was not intended, but thought it was some kind of limiting mechanic.

#8 Prezz

Prezz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

This was my fear too, nice to see that a Dev is getting involved for a change!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users