• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[reddit] Hair/Makeover kits now available in the gem store!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

http://www.reddit.co..._the_gem_store/

A "Self-Style Hair Kit" is available for 250gems, or 5/1000gems. It allows you to reconfigure your hair/horns etc (basically the whole head area sans skin color).

Alternatively, there's also "Total Makeover Kits" which are 350gems or 5/1400. They let you change EVERYthing about your character sans personal story affecting things (so you CAN'T change class/race/background). Both items are in the services tab of the BLTP.

Personally I was pleasantly surprised by the prices, better than I had hoped (was expecting about double these).

edit: clarified some wording

Three things.

1) This is on reddit, I cannot log in to verify at the moment.  If this is incorrect, I ask someone to post that and then we'll let it die.  If it is valid, please post the gem prices for for those of us unable to access due to being at work.

2) This is what I would pay money for, with reasonable prices.

3) I expect this thread to get locked when a News posts follows it at some point, hours from now, as apparently that is the writ on this site.

Edited by MazingerZ, 27 November 2012 - 05:09 PM.

It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#2 funkybudda

funkybudda

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

nice, surprised they didnt put this item in FOTM or require ascended gears in order to purchase it...

#3 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

View Postfunkybudda, on 27 November 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

nice, surprised they didnt put this item in FOTM or require ascended gears in order to purchase it...

I heard it made a short appearance at some point over the event weekend, but were non-functional for people who picked them up.  I'm guessing it was a feature they weren't sure they had working.  But they could at least say that.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#4 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3266 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

http://www.guildwars...er-kits-are-in/
^^

#5 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostProtoss, on 27 November 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

It's not on the front page.  I wasn't aware we could post in the News forum.

#6 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • 4180 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Please post news in News, Interviews & Articles.

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users