16 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Wu

Peter Wu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOE]

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

NA record changes a lot in last three months.

All data from : http://mos.millenium...atchups#history

Attached File  2012week51.gif   193.44K   96 downloads

Picture link : http://i.imgur.com/Wnbe3.png

( 17 Dec 2012 update: WvW Matchups NA week 40-51 )

Edited by Peter Wu, 17 December 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#2 GrandmaFunk

GrandmaFunk

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWJ]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

awesome!!  I was looking for this very chart yesterday afternoon =)

#3 Jacbo

Jacbo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[RUN]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

There's two really interesting things from that graphic and looking at this week's scores so far.

The first is how the close bar brawls between Anvil Rock/Borlis Pass/Gate of Madness have made for a very competitive tier towards the bottom. As we can see this match, BP finally got the rating it needed to jump to Tier 5, and it's currently putting the beatdown on perpetual punching bag HoD and incumbent puncher SF. AR is winning quite handily in the lower tier and will likely join BP in T6 next week. It's been a long while since we've seen any of these serves out of their forever-brawl, I'll be curious to see if it has molded BP into something that can compete for T5 or higher.

The other is the statistically inexplicable meteoric rise of SoR. One week they fight Yak's and NS to a standstill. The next week, they're crushing the same server and are quickly T2 caliber. My understanding is they got a lot of transfers after that matchup, but whatever the case may be, it's definitely the most sudden burst of any server into the top tiers.

Edited by Jacbo, 03 December 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#4 Ramanadjinn

Ramanadjinn

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostJacbo, on 03 December 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

The other is the statistically inexplicable meteoric rise of SoR. One week they fight Yak's and NS to a standstill. The next week, they're crushing the same server and are quickly T2 caliber. My understanding is they got a lot of transfers after that matchup, but whatever the case may be, it's definitely the most sudden burst of any server into the top tiers.

yep, the friday night  before they got their transfers Yaks had 100% map control against them.
that saturday a large amount of guilds then hopped over to SOR from jade quarry and some others and then SOR had a blowout victory after that.  their NA team got quite large quite fast.

what i found interesting was how about halfway through the top few seem to level off and the bottom few seem to level off.
the middle stays wacky the whole time though.

#5 Stovokor X

Stovokor X

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

48 weeks = nearly a year. Obviously GW2 hasn't been out that long.

Since the history is only from last 10 matches wonder why the site just don't list it accurately. Only 12 weekly matches so far after the placement matches were done.

#6 Siroso

Siroso

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PiNK]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

As a keen WvW player from Borlis Pass its neat to see that some people take note of what's happening down in the lower tiers! Can't wait to see anvil back in the matchup next week - they are obviously going hard as they are (or were) also on 695 PPT. Just a little clarification, we aren't in Tier 5 just yet, currently in Tier 6.

It will be fascinating to see how the graph develops, and to eventually spot trends in how the rankings move.

Edited by Siroso, 03 December 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#7 Mif

Mif

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostStovokor X, on 03 December 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

48 weeks = nearly a year. Obviously GW2 hasn't been out that long
Week 48/52 for the year, not 48th match up.

Edited by Mif, 03 December 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#8 Stovokor X

Stovokor X

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SF]

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostMif, on 03 December 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

Week 48/52 for the year, not 48th match up.

makes sense now :)

#9 Jacbo

Jacbo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[RUN]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostSiroso, on 03 December 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

As a keen WvW player from Borlis Pass its neat to see that some people take note of what's happening down in the lower tiers! Can't wait to see anvil back in the matchup next week - they are obviously going hard as they are (or were) also on 695 PPT. Just a little clarification, we aren't in Tier 5 just yet, currently in Tier 6.

It will be fascinating to see how the graph develops, and to eventually spot trends in how the rankings move.

Fixed the tiers. And yeah, I keep an eye on other matchups because Tier isn't the be-all-end-all indicator anymore. Due to the way ratings are traded, three highly competitive servers could be better than the tier above them, or even a few tiers, but there's no way of knowing until one finally moves up.

My prediction is that BP will get up to T5 next week and settle in nicely there. AR/NS/SF will populate T6. GoM/HoD/DR will populate T7. ET/FC/KN will populate T8. That's my expectation for a couple weeks from now if nothing changes.

#10 GrandmaFunk

GrandmaFunk

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWJ]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Ya i think NSP and BP might trade places between T5 and T6 every other week.. we're both a bit stronger than the rest of T6 and below, but we can't really consistently put up the numbers that DB and DH do.  Especially now that NSP lost one of our most active NA guilds to CD.

#11 Peter Wu

Peter Wu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

( 17 Dec 2012 update: WvW Matchups NA week 40-51 )

#12 lollasaurus

lollasaurus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

HoD o lawd thats grim

#13 Pyraeus

Pyraeus

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RISE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Nice hill you got there ET and HoD. Lol.

#14 Weris

Weris

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MoS]
  • Server:ArborStone

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Great graph !

So i've added this graph directly to the site : http://mos.millenium...ps/evolution/na
And you can choose which servers to display on the graph.

Edited by Weris, 03 January 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#15 Peter Wu

Peter Wu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

That's AWESOME !

Thank you for your great website keep those WvW records, so we can always recall our memory of those fight and glory.

#16 angelrage

angelrage

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

the server to watch ladies and gentlemen, Devona's Rest.

These dudes have dominated for the past ~10 games and are still being held at the bottom by ELO. They'll move up another tier next week, and I'm betting on another upset.

#17 Yanshi

Yanshi

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

View Postangelrage, on 04 January 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

the server to watch ladies and gentlemen, Devona's Rest.

These dudes have dominated for the past ~10 games and are still being held at the bottom by ELO. They'll move up another tier next week, and I'm betting on another upset.

Not just Devona's Rest, there is now a trend of NA guilds moving out of their dying wvw scene and transfering to servers with Asia/Oceanic presence. Look out for Kaineng and Dragonbrand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users